Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Looking for resort experts....

This is either a great idea, or i'm going to regret posting here...

I work for a 3D mapping startup in the outdoors space, FATMAP. We launched last season at 4 resorts in Europe and are now making a big push to establish a strong foothold at the major resorts in North America for the upcoming 15/16 season. With that being said, we are looking to hire resort experts to help source the content for our various launch resorts.

This is a PAID opportunity in addition to getting free FATMAP access for life, and also affiliate based revenue sharing if you're inclined to go that route and help promote the product. The payment for the services is based on the size of the resort.

What we are looking for
    -Resort Expert: You must know the terrain like the back of your hand. This includes terrain of all difficulties and lesser known lines.
    -Decent Writer: We don't need you to be a journalist, but we need some decent writing skills. If you've blogged, or written things recently that is a huge plus.
    -Passion: You have a genuine passion for this industry and love our product and what we are trying to do.
    -Backcountry/Sidecountry: Big bonus if you are familiar with the surrounding terrain outside the ropes

Resort List
    Vail
    Breckenridge
    Aspen
    Whistler
    Revelstoke
    Jackson Hole
    Mammoth Mountain
    Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows
    Big Sky
    Mt Bachelor
    Alta / Snowbird
    Crystal Mountain (WA)
    Alyeska
    Taos
    Killington
    Winter Park
    Steamboat
    Copper Mountain
    Crested Bute

What will this job entail?
    You will be writing brief descriptions of all runs on the mountain. Additional "local" info would be very helpful, this includes parking, restaurants, tips etc etc.

If you are interested in an opportunity like this, shoot me an email at matt@fatmap.com. Please include in the subject the resort you're an expert at and a brief blurb about yourself. Please include any writing samples if applicable. No need for resumes, or cover letters!

You bozos spend all day talking on an internet forum about skiing, hopefully a few of you would like to get paid for doing this.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    aint an expert thanks for skippin the bigger better cottonwood
    don't need more cant figure er outters and those who need to profit from a passion
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

We believe that uncertainty can often stop skiers and snowboarders from challenging their limits, so we created FATMAP to empower them with the tools and information, to explore further, safely.

I am easily the best skier on the mountain at 4 or 5 of those resorts you listed. In fact, I am 9.2/10. Why is Red Lodge not on your list ? FAIL.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Where is the rog when we need him?

What!!!!! Where's Shames?? Haven't you heard!!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Looking for resort experts....

Hey M4. If you need a lift guy im your man. Gimme a few weeks I'll get you a list of the chairlifts, their speed, capacity, ride, on/off board experience, etc

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Hey M4. If you need a lift guy im your man. Gimme a few weeks I'll get you a list of the chairlifts, their speed, capacity, ride, on/off board experience, etc
    Pm Benny. He knows which chairs have a dangerous ramp.

I can give good intel on raxing in western Montana.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by m4doyle View Post
    This is either a great idea, or i'm going to regret posting here...

I work for a 3D mapping startup in the outdoors space, FATMAP. We launched last season at 4 resorts in Europe and are now making a big push to establish a strong foothold at the major resorts in North America for the upcoming 15/16 season. With that being said, we are looking to hire resort experts to help source the content for our various launch resorts.

This is a PAID opportunity in addition to getting free FATMAP access for life, and also affiliate based revenue sharing if you're inclined to go that route and help promote the product. The payment for the services is based on the size of the resort.

What we are looking for
    -Resort Expert: You must know the terrain like the back of your hand. This includes terrain of all difficulties and lesser known lines.
    -Decent Writer: We don't need you to be a journalist, but we need some decent writing skills. If you've blogged, or written things recently that is a huge plus.
    -Passion: You have a genuine passion for this industry and love our product and what we are trying to do.
    -Backcountry/Sidecountry: Big bonus if you are familiar with the surrounding terrain outside the ropes

Resort List
    Vail
    Breckenridge
    Aspen
    Whistler
    Revelstoke
    Jackson Hole
    Mammoth Mountain
    Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows
    Big Sky
    Mt Bachelor
    Alta / Snowbird
    Crystal Mountain (WA)
    Alyeska
    Taos
    Killington
    Winter Park
    Steamboat
    Copper Mountain
    Crested Bute

What will this job entail?
    You will be writing brief descriptions of all runs on the mountain. Additional "local" info would be very helpful, this includes parking, restaurants, tips etc etc.

If you are interested in an opportunity like this, shoot me an email at matt@fatmap.com. Please include in the subject the resort you're an expert at and a brief blurb about yourself. Please include any writing samples if applicable. No need for resumes, or cover letters!

You bozos spend all day talking on an internet forum about skiing, hopefully a few of you would like to get paid for doing this.
    Say Hi to DD
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

What's with the concentration of douche-friendly ski terrain?

Resort List
    Vail - Walmart of the ski slopes
    Breckenridge - flat at the bottom, windy at the top
    Aspen - $$$$$$ + Cougars = Extreme
    Whistler - the best
    Revelstoke - maple syrup
    Jackson Hole - bunch of trustfunders with their own website
    Mammoth Mountain - full of SoCal posers
    Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows - full of Bay Area posers
    Big Sky - Montucky
    Mt Bachelor - no snow
    Alta / Snowbird - How do you get to Chad's gap?
    Crystal Mountain (WA) - that place near Seattle
    Alyeska - where the Jackson trustfunders go in April
    Taos - steep
    Killington - no reason to go there
    Winter Park - great mountain bike park
    Steamboat - big hats worn by Texans
    Copper Mountain - between Vail and Summit County
    Crested Bute - it's actually spelled Crested Butte (with two t's), are you #upforwhatever?

hey, could you guys write down all your good beta so I can publish it and make some money off it without doing a lot of research?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Aspen - $$$$$$ + Cougars = Extreme
    OP - here's the definitive beta on Aspen
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ighlight=Aspen

Mt Bachelor - no snow
    And, take special note of this. No reason to add content for this resort

You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Resort List

Aspen - $$$$$$ + Cougars = Extreme?
    Tonight was off the hook, so many.

I can get you the inside on Sol Vista/Granby Ranch!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Vail - I hear there are some nice groomers off Avanti. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35sfp9k5avI

Pm two buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Inbounds savant
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Tonight was off the hook, so many.
    trip report?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I am easily the best skier on the mountain at 4 or 5 of those resorts you listed. In fact, I am 9.2/10. Why is Red Lodge not on your list ? FAIL.
    i am 9.3/10

pick me
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Pm two buddha
    Quality call-out from a zombie forum.

It's not on the list, but I'm familiar w/ Magic Mtn in Londonderry, VT.

Here's a sample, but before I write more I'd like to know what you pay.
    Thanks.

"Only a few short hrs from the concrete canyons of NYC lies a spunky, Swiss themed resort named Magic Mtn. Located in beautiful southern VT, the drive up the Taconic Parkway will make you feel like you've been on vacation since you left the Bronx. Excitement builds as you take a right turn onto the mountain access road and roll up to your 4 star accommodations at Dostal's Inn. Be sure to ask for Trudy, the owner, and grab a just-baked chocolate chip cookie. You're gong to need some energy for tomorrow. Especially if it's Thurs and there's less than 6" of new snow, because Magic's lifts only run on Fri, Sat, and Sun. You'll wake refreshed, and after a belly full of homemade waffles coated in pure VT maple syrup, you're gonna want to the hit the hill early and stay late. Only 5-7/8" of snow fell last night (but heck, that's more than Tahoe gets in a whole year), so ol' Red won't be running, but you don't care. As you grab your skins and indie skis...."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Google mapping 10,000 permanent sharks at Red Lodge could keep me busy for several summers. Great idea! #rockdodge #coreshot