FS: 186 Vicik Tour

I never use these. Sad, I know. I skied them once for a resort country lap. They were purchased directly from Scott @ ON3P at the end of last season. They were demos and are barely used. The bases, edges and sidewalls are mint. You'll see in the pictures that there's even some storage wax left on them.

They've been mounted twice; once for a set of marker demo bindings and the other for pictured Dynafits @ 314 on the line. The bindings are not for sale. Please do not ask.

$300 + shipping

If it's of consequence, I'll be in Portland this coming weekend and San Francisco Tues - Thurs so I could deliver within reason.

Last edited by Bobcat Sig; 03-04-2015 at 02:03 PM.

those topsheets speak to me. if I didn't already have vicik's as a touring setup..

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    those topsheets speak to me. if I didn't already have vicik's as a touring setup..
    You need two; just like me. Though my other pair is strictly alpine and not tour and back when they were 104 underfoot. Still; they need a good home.

I just picked up a pair of Tours (veneer top, oooo pretty) but have yet to ski them.
    Impressions, you two?

free bump
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    I just picked up a pair of Tours (veneer top, oooo pretty) but have yet to ski them.
    Impressions, you two?

free bump
    Great ski, but a bit too long and burly for what I ski in the backcountry. Most stuff around here is either way out and up or straight up. Like other ON3Ps, the Viciks really thrive when you get energy into them and they really liven up.

For short wiggle turns, meadow skipping or trees, they can be bossy if you're not on them. The durability of the bases, edges and lay-up will take anything buy a nuclear blast to harm them. At about 9lbs for my set, it's on the heavy side for me, but I'm a skintrack beater slacker. I just used a set of Exit Worlds for five days on a hut trip, so these are a bit of overkill. Plus, I like something easy in the backcountry, particularly if I've just skinned up 2k feet.

I do know that a lot of people have skied the Tour layup for a pure alpine set-up and love it for its lighter weight and less planky nature. I love my 12/13 standard layup Viciks for inbounds.

Trade for 190 billy goat tours with RES?

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Trade for 190 billy goat tours with RES?
    Yes, possibly. PM me details and such.

Great ski, but a bit too long and burly for what I ski in the backcountry. Most stuff around here is either way out and up or straight up. Like other ON3Ps, the Viciks really thrive when you get energy into them and they really liven up.

For short wiggle turns, meadow skipping or trees, they can be bossy if you're not on them. The durability of the bases, edges and lay-up will take anything buy a nuclear blast to harm them. At about 9lbs for my set, it's on the heavy side for me, but I'm a skintrack beater slacker. I just used a set of Exit Worlds for five days on a hut trip, so these are a bit of overkill. Plus, I like something easy in the backcountry, particularly if I've just skinned up 2k feet.

I do know that a lot of people have skied the Tour layup for a pure alpine set-up and love it for its lighter weight and less planky nature. I love my 12/13 standard layup Viciks for inbounds.
    This is a really good, concise review of this ski. I have used mine for several seasons- I use them for an all conditions inbounds ski and they rock for that, although they can be stubborn in moguls and tight trees, as they like to run. I have not found a speed limit on mine at my 175 lb weight. I also use them for kiting and they are perfect for that application. Sometimes I feel like the tip on this ski hooks up faster then the rest of it, which can whip me into a turn faster then I want when edging hard but I have been able to adapt to this with a slight change in edging/stance. I almost never use them in the backcountry (except kiting), due to the weight, which is OK but sucks in comparision to my V8s.

Quote Originally Posted by hiplainsdrifter View Post
    This is a really good, concise review of this ski. I have used mine for several seasons- I use them for an all conditions inbounds ski and they rock for that, although they can be stubborn in moguls and tight trees, as they like to run. I have not found a speed limit on mine at my 175 lb weight. I also use them for kiting and they are perfect for that application. Sometimes I feel like the tip on this ski hooks up faster then the rest of it, which can whip me into a turn faster then I want when edging hard but I have been able to adapt to this with a slight change in edging/stance. I almost never use them in the backcountry (except kiting), due to the weight, which is OK but sucks in comparision to my V8s.
    Still running those BillyGoat topsheet Viciks you sold me a few years ago, mostly use them inbounds, but early season b/c I'll take them out. I put SollyFit's on and they still ski like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by hiplainsdrifter View Post
    Keep in mind that mine are the Tour layup. While not the featherweight of some sticks out there, they are much lighter than the standard layup.

Keep in mind that mine are the Tour layup. While not the featherweight of some sticks out there, they are much lighter than the standard layup.
    So are my current pair. Definitely not a competitive touring weight, but lighter.

I'm back from my western walkabout. These need to go so I can put more money towards my wedding. You know you want these. They call to you.

Ohai. These still need a new home. You know want them. Free shipping if you're feeling saucy.

I should NOT be involved in this thread but... are these 136-106-126, same as 2012? What year? Any weight spec'd? Once again I shouldn't be in this mrkt but wtf, free bump anyway
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    I should NOT be involved in this thread but... are these 136-106-126, same as 2012? What year? Any weight spec'd? Once again I shouldn't be in this mrkt but wtf, free bump anyway
    Yes, they are 106 underfoot. It was the second year that ON3P widened the Vicik from 104mm (Of which I also own). This is the last year of the Vicik as it was not made this year.
    Weight is 9lbs for the pair. It is the Tour layup; thinner core and more carbon.

Bump. All offers entertained. Weddings are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Bump. All offers entertained. Weddings are expensive.
    Divorces are expensive too. I luv my std layup Viciks and wonder how sexy the tour layup would be. Your holes are a tad short for me and I am trying to sell stuff to pay for brewing equipment. Timing is everything.

I could offer a set of 186 Tycoons in trade is all.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Divorces are expensive too. I luv my std layup Viciks and wonder how sexy the tour layup would be. Your holes are a tad short for me and I am trying to sell stuff to pay for brewing equipment. Timing is everything.

I could offer a set of 186 Tycoons in trade is all.
    Tempting, but I think my quiver is rather robust at the moment. I appreciate the offer, though.

I'm driving to Portland on Thursday so if you're in the area or along the way (CdA, Spokane, Missoula, Hood River), you get free delivery. Let's make a deal!

Bump.

I'm loading the truck up tonight. Am I bringing this with me?

$250