Ski size questions

I am 6'2" 180 lbs, I consider myself an average skier or a fast average skier. I ski utah resorts like alta, snowbird, pcmr, deer valley, and southern ut resorts. i am looking at line sir francis bacon sizes 184 (actual length:178) and 190(actual length: 184). I am also looking at 4frnt gaucho 179 and 186 along with blizzard peacemaker size 179 and 186

I like to charge groomers and ski technical off piste (moguls, trees, chutes, steeps) I consider myself comfortable with almost the entire mountain, but I am (over) confident with my ability.

Thanks in advance,
    matt

I think its more important to consider the size of your "Hoden" as they say in german. The swing weight could affect the how stiff your skis will ride. Judging by your post matt i would guess what your hodens are probably sub average and you should do consider going with the rax pro model vs any other the options posted above. The only way we can tell for sure what size of skis you need is to see neekid pics of your sister, wife or mom ( if shes been doing her water aerobics) and establish what tier of JONG you land on.

Hope that helps!
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    matt, i think the name says it all. your folks had no imagination .
    Says Bob.

6'2", 180, aggressive?
    You're crazy if you're even seriously considering the shorter version of the models you mentioned. Time to man up.

Quote Originally Posted by NWskibum View Post
    6'2", 180, aggressive?
    You're crazy if you're even seriously considering the shorter version of the models you mentioned. Time to man up.
    Look at the op, he did not state he is aggressive, therefore the short skis are appropriate.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

But he charges groomers and even skis steeps and chutes!

Hands in front?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

get the 179 or 186 peacemaker, only you can determine what size you really need. Think about how fast you really ski.. and how much moguls you ski. Its not fun when you have a ski thats too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Look at the op, he did not state he is aggressive, therefore the short skis are appropriate.
    Au contraire, mon frere. Voila:

Quote Originally Posted by 1162066448 View Post
    I like to charge groomers and ski technical off piste (moguls, trees, chutes, steeps) I consider myself comfortable with almost the entire mountain, but I am (over) confident with my ability.
    Fierce like Pepe le Pew. Dude's done his TGR homework and used the magic word to denote fierceness on snow: CHARGE.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Hands in front?
    Yes, PeeWee, that usually leads to your arrest for indecent exposure, doesn't it?

Hugh Conway Guest
    He charges - but is he smoooovveee as butter with killer flow?

I am 5'11 & 175ish, for myself that would be way, way too short. All my inbounds/slackcountry skis range from 190 to 196 cm for Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.

The only exception is my alpine touring setup is at 188cm because I want room for kick turns when I am skiing Grand Teton National Park or Teton Pass.

Glen Plake said it best,... "Short skis suck, long skis truck!" I am not one to go against one of the skiing gods.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.