Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

We don't care...

That you hate telemark.

That you don't care.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

That you slarve from the backseat with your hands in yo pockets.
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

That you telemark.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

that your bindings are broken?

That it doesn't snow anymore and the forests will burn.

Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    That it doesn't snow anymore and the forests will burn.
    We are in for one heck of a fire season this year.

And I don't care! I'm going to the tropics! I am making lemon out of lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    And I don't care! I'm going to the tropics! I am making lemon out of lemonade.
    good for you. Making lemonade out of lemons has been my mantra for the last 4 ski seasons.

If Elden burns I have Bellingham on the radar. It would be heartbreaking for me if that happens, I have been officially involved with the trail planning for the last 5 years and unofficially for 12 trying to get the FS to accept more progressive directional mountain biking trails. If Elden burns the principal Flagstaff playground would be gone for quite a while and all of those efforts would go (literally) up in smoke.

Wow, your forest service unit is open to directional mtb trails? That's amazing, do you live in-like-bizarro world where the FS actually likes mountain bikes?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Wow, your forest service unit is open to directional mtb trails? That's amazing, do you live in-like-bizarro world where the FS actually likes mountain bikes?
    Not exactly. Trails were created under the radar starting back about 11 years ago, they originally wanted nothing to do with it. A few years after the under the radar trails were created a new user group formed, one too large to turn away from. The FS decided that it would be better to address the needs of the new user group instead of trying to shut it down and police the area. So we have been in meetings for 5 years now, came up with plans, just finished the 58 thousand dollar NEPA studies and we are currently in the public comment period. If everything goes well we could be building in about a year. Hopefully.....

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Not exactly. Trails were created under the radar starting back about 11 years ago, they originally wanted nothing to do with it. A few years after the under the radar trails were created a new user group formed, one too large to turn away from. The FS decided that it would be better to address the needs of the new user group instead of trying to shut it down and police the area. So we have been in meetings for 5 years now, came up with plans, just finished the 58 thousand dollar NEPA studies and we are currently in the public comment period. If everything goes well we could be building in about a year. Hopefully.....
    And the current management is way more receptive to the mountain biking thing than what we were dealing with just 10 years ago, I have to say that these guys/gals are actually pretty cool.

This and my 6 year old daughter are my reasons for having living here in Flag for so long now, I love the place too but I sometimes wish I was back in the bigger mountains.

No no, you got the "alpine ski" and "Telemark" switched.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    And the current management is way more receptive to the mountain biking thing than what we were dealing with just 10 years ago, I have to say that these guys/gals are actually pretty cool.

This and my 6 year old daughter are my reasons for having living here in Flag for so long now, I love the place too but I sometimes wish I was back in the bigger mountains.
    Not in Region 1!!!
    No longer stuck.

Anybody living in Arizona is doing so many things wrong. SO many.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Michael cares.

So classic-This is the GO TO for every telemarker everywhere!! oh yea look....this one guy shreds!!! See were not all telemark tips dorks......um yes...you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    Anybody living in Arizona is doing so many things wrong. SO many.
    There is so much good here in NAZ, you obviously don't know. But if even so I still don't tele.

I used to live in Jackson but now I couldn't take the 9 month long frigid winter. I love skiing but not that much any longer, or at least to put myself through all of that!

Whatever happened to DaveTV?

Telemark in Norwegian~Wait for me.

Dont ask,
    Dont tele.
    long live the jahrator

THAT YOU'RE STILL RECOVERING FROM THE LOVELAND CHAIR SLAMMING YOU IN YOUR MELON.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER