Peak Performance pants

Hi Guys

I have the opportunity to buy attached pants second hand. However the seller has no specifications on the model and I wont have the chance to see them...Do you know what kind of PEAK Performance pants these are and probs could give some tec specs about material etc? And, even better, some experience with the pants?

They should be about 4 years old, prize around 500$. He thinks that these pants are GoreTex pro 3L but seems like he was not sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peak pants.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	127775

Thanks!

Have you tried the wayback machine on backcountry.com?
    Nevermind, apparently they've only been carrying PP for 2 years

Do the attached pants also include attached socks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Cheif,

That sounds like one hell of a lot more than they are worth. Four year old pant of any manufacture don't bring half that price around here. PP is generally top shelf stuff if it fits you, but that price sucks a jong.

LT

If they're anything like the Peaks I have now, they're awesome pants with really shitty buttons that never stay buckled. Doesn't bother me much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Cheif,

That sounds like one hell of a lot more than they are worth. Four year old pant of any manufacture don't bring half that price around here. PP is generally top shelf stuff if it fits you, but that price sucks a jong.

LT
    Dear Lord, thanks for the reply.
    Nah dont worry, that was a hint for you guys to give an idea that he paid 500 when purchased new. I would buy them for 80...so thats why the deal is intresting. And if it has attached socks/condoms its even better...

@bfree. You skiing pants down then? No seriously, do you mean you have these pants or just some Peaks?
    p.s. always struggling with shitty buttons, so investment in belt is not even necessary

bfree summed it up good. What's with those f*****g buttons?
    “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.”
    ― William Gibson

I think those are a little older than 4 years old, probably somewhere closer to 6. I love my PP stuff though, if it's 3L stuff it should still be in good shape. As for the buttons, I used to have a problem 2 seasons ago on my pants with them popping off on hard landings but I've since lost a bit of weight and haven't had the same issues anymore.

Can you actually see the physical pants? There's a tag in it that says what it's made of. Usually in the pocket. It has the GoreTex info.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Can you actually see the physical pants? There's a tag in it that says what it's made of. Usually in the pocket. It has the GoreTex info.
    Well thats the problem that I wont be able to pick them up personally. Otherwise I would find it out by myself.
    I have some more info now. THese are R&D pants, Shell: Polyamid 80%, PTFE 20% (GORE TEX), Lining 100% Polyester.

However, no indication of the specific shell material on the pants as u can see in the pictures, just GoreTex...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0130_bea.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	128032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0134_bea.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	128033

Def not worth 5 bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

No kidding. If he can't even verify what it is, I'd offer him 2 crisp slices of honey cured bacon, patted down to get the grease off. That's a very generous offer for some prototypes he got off a guy who knows a guy for probably next to nothing.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.