I have a glove question

I'm looking to pick up a few pairs of quality gloves for various conditions. What might you all recommend for touring on super cold days and also a warm spring glove that can hold off the moisture? I've looked at the Hestra VCF and Black Diamond Guides, legends, and Kingpins. They all seem like really nice ones. The Black Diamond Guide seem like the most beast so I'm leaning towards that one w/ a liner for below zero days. I don't like to wear the gloves flaring over the jacket but they'd probably do a better job underneath the jacket than a Velcro cuff anyways. I'm still not sure about a spring time glove though...Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks

imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

I'm a fan of the Dakine Cobra/Bronco GT. Light weight, Gore-Tex, affordable, and they don't look as warm as they really are.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

HESTRA

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

you don't need as warm of a glove if you're touring as you do when you're riding lifts, BUT having an extra pair of warm dry gloves in your backpack to switch into for descents is essential.

that being said, I prefer all leather gloves. the breathe so much better and that can make them all the more versatile

I use the following during the course of the year:
    BD Mad Maxx good for trees aim white aim white wham your hand into tree no problem
    BD Legends use for all kind of days
    BD mercury mitts great for really cold and storm days

Liners/or 4 skinning
    OR p100
    OR p200
    I like the ORs cause you can get stuff done with them on
    While being protected from wind and cold e.g. buckles, binding fumbling etc
    good for skining booting through winter, no gloves needed spring unless windy (skinning, booting)
    If frigid cold may wear inside the BDs

Looking core
    Kincos water proofed
    Nahhh

Those BD Guides can kinda look like Gen Custer calvary gloves and I can't stand them way up on my arm
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Arcteryx Sigma AR are remarkably warmer than my various Hestras. Gauntlet design might be a minus for some, but the gloves surer are warm.

I think I'm going to do the BD Legends. Maybe a nice light liner will add to the warmth for ultra harsh days and I can reuse the liner for a touring glove. I dig the Hestras, but I'll mess them up after a season. As for warm weather, I'm just going to look for something cheap with a cuff that I can sno seal.
    Last edited by GarySanchez; 08-03-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: I have a boner

1 vote for kingpins. I have two pair, and they are nearly always my go-to glove. Durable, warm enough, breathable enough and, oh, yeah, durable. Did I mention they hold up really well to abuse? 'Cause they do.

A big plus, they are quite flexible and dextrous, qualities sorely lacking in many gloves out there.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Whatever you get, wear a pair of surgical gloves underneath em. Will keep your hands warmer and your gloves dry.

Hestra VCF. Mine have been going strong for a few years now.

Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex for the cold days.

I've yet to find a spring glove I love.

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex for the cold days.

I've yet to find a spring glove I love.
    I wasn't in love with any of the spring time gloves I looked at either. Its come down to finding a pair that are cuffed, comfy, and cheap. I feel like no matter what, sno seal will be the only thing that keeps my gloves from getting soaked in the warm and wet puss. Those VCF's look comfy and sharp, but they won't do me right in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by GarySanchez View Post
    I wasn't in love with any of the spring time gloves I looked at either. Its come down to finding a pair that are cuffed, comfy, and cheap. I feel like no matter what, sno seal will be the only thing that keeps my gloves from getting soaked in the warm and wet puss. Those VCF's look comfy and sharp, but they won't do me right in certain situations.
    I picked up a pair of these after my season ended. They seem like they might be ok.
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/col...r-men~p~2630f/

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    I picked up a pair of these after my season ended. They seem like they might be ok.
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/col...r-men~p~2630f/
    I actually dig those. I think I'm going to try them. Thanks for this suggestion.