Star Wars Costume Exhibit

Finally got around to checking out the Star Wars costume exhibit at Denver Art Museum today... holy shit was that cool. The prequels had gotten me kind of jaded and I hadn't really thought much about Star Wars in many years, but seeing all these original costumes really brought out my inner fanboy. It was even cool seeing stuff from the prequels and newer films, though of course the original costumes and droids were really the heart of the exhibit. Highly recommended if you have the chance. My 6yo (girl) was also totally absorbed, though she spent more time checking out the Queen Amidala gowns than I did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5998.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	203278

Boba Fett? Where?
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

We had it in Seattle a couple years ago. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed the movies. The prequels sucked, but the costumes were still cool.

Can't even tell what are the "prequels" anymore, but that looks really straight-up fun.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I was amazed at the thought and attention to detail that was put into the costumes. All the different blasters. The background information for the costumes was cool too.

Can't believe how small Carrie Fisher and Natalie Portman are. Their costumes were sized for middle schoolers.

Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

I would love to see this.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    I was amazed at the thought and attention to detail that was put into the costumes. All the different blasters. The background information for the costumes was cool too.
    Yeah, what really struck me was the level of effort in making things look appropriately worn out. Boba Fett's outfit really looks like he's been knocking around the galaxy for a long time getting into fights, for example, and the rebel pilot outfits looked like they were cobbled together by an underfunded rebellion compared to the more coordinated imperial pilots. That kind of thing was largely missing from the newer costumes (from the prequel trilogy), which were generally sleeker and more "perfect" looking.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

It's no surprise that the Third Reich was the basis for the Empire. But it was interesting to see that the Marine Corps from WWII Pacific theater were the basis for the rebels.