Page 132 of 183 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4557

East Coast Roll Call 10 [ten] SKI or SKI NOT, There Is No Try

Skied a closed area in CNY. 24-30"

More 7 year old stoke. We lapped the trees at Bolton all day. Never waited for a chair. It was his first day skiing anything deep and he was hollering with the best of them.

I bailed under the chair after I hit a stump... Got called out for being a Jerry. I don't fall like a young man anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    More 7 year old stoke. We lapped the trees at Bolton all day. Never waited for a chair. It was his first day skiing anything deep and he was hollering with the best of them.

I bailed under the chair after I hit a stump... Got called out for being a Jerry. I don't fall like a young man anymore.

That kid is in need of some white room "Fat Kids". Just sayin'.

skied quite a few of the woods at the Bush,as good as the turns where caution is well advised.much of the debris that was skiable before the snow lose is now buried but not enough to ski over safely.alot of yahoo's out yesterday

sweet grom pics^ stoke looks high. Everyone up north got pummeled, enjoy the fresh tracks.

its pretty far in the future, but anyone planning on going to Jay's end of season/pond skimming party? been out the entire season due to shoulder surgery, but heading up with a few friends to get my first and last turns in. will be bringing keg and supplies to grandpa's. let me know if any mags wana make some turns/drink some beer.

Awesome kid stoke. My 9 yo is typically on gotamas and when it gets deep he has some Older line Eric Pollard pro's. The difference is amazing with the fat skis on. So floaty.

Kids do well enough on Mantra Jr. (formerly Gotama Jr)
    plenty of float and rocker until they are heavy enough to be on adult skis
    Plus, they are narrow enough for everyday hardpack.

Should have yanked the kids from school for the pow party, but I already go the nasty note that they have missed too many days already
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2ski2fish4ever View Post
    skied quite a few of the woods at the Bush,as good as the turns where caution is well advised.much of the debris that was skiable before the snow lose is now buried but not enough to ski over safely.alot of yahoo's out yesterday
    Did you catch Rob Graham trying to cut the Bravo line at opening bell? Funny as hell when Cory chased him down and sent him to the end of the line. And a couple of Clay Brookers who came over at 8:56 expecting to go first and finding no ski school line. The look on one guys face was priceless as he looked up the hill at the end of the line.

Saw some yahoo's and hit some odd crap here and there as I was running deep. Other than the usual steep sluff flow, I didn't find anything running so that was good. Was able to ski the woods home again and that was bare ground on Monday.

After picking cherries off HG I worked the middle for some old gems.

Slot car Willy

Another one at noon yielded 3 untracked runs in a row, thank you Jonesey, you know where this is.

So much fun was had

Facking cold and windy this morning bob 9` with a bunch of snow overnight, wind started in around 7:30 pm and has been gusting on and off.
    Meeting Goniff this am, no mtnwriter this time around.
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 03-16-2017 at 06:04 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Just putting it out there that fat rockered skis transformed my kids ability to deal with soft snow. No one makes one short enough for kids 45-50". Then you get into junior pow skis that are way too side cut, and start around 122cm. A little project might be, ahem, Worth it. Call 'em the Fat Kids. I have a prototype shape that seems to work....and a test pilot. I know several Dads that are interested in mine.
    Mount up snowblades as pow skis
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Not crazy at all! Some pals of mine have Fritchis mounted on their snowblades. They are very lean adults, not tall and tour a bunch on those rigs. The seem to enjoy all conditions and the fit one has no trouble breaking trail or keeping up. No reason the kiddos could not use snowblade for tours...

...on the other hand, the specialty skis being talked over would make any kid pleased to know they had the right gear. Might start'em on snowblades just to check on enthusiasm (just saw some 110CM bamboo 'blades with plenty of width...looking very nice)
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quit babying the kids. Parents today

Back in bidness.

No ACL necessary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bowl3-16-17B.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	202630

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bowl3-16-17C.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	202631

The stake on Mansfield recovered and then some...

Name:  MansfieldStake_2017-3-16.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  207.9 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The stake on Mansfield recovered and then some...

Name:  MansfieldStake_2017-3-16.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  207.9 KB
    This is such an odd but welcome sight. I'm pretty sure even 10 days ago everybody thought the deepest depths of the season were behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Tried it. Crazy camber and crazy stiff. No one makes a soft, rockered, pow ski 100cm or under. I made my own...kids this small are ready for a pow day, but the gear available blows. Even at 93cm they are a touch long for him. No way he could wrangle 118s and a radius of 8m? Rockered boards with a radius of 18+m are the right tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4050028.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	202637  
    Last edited by DaveVt; 03-16-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Just add gravity Dave. Let him huck some cliffs

Seriously, you need to ski some steeper shit and he'll be fine. Complaining about lack of pow skis for any age today is insane.

Imagine if the thaw had never happened or even had only been half as bad as it was.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Just add gravity Dave. Let him huck some cliffs

Seriously, you need to ski some steeper shit and he'll be fine. Complaining about lack of pow skis for any age today is insane.
    You'll see. Watching your kid try and ski shitty, hooky skis in soft snow when they can zoom all around on groomers with good form. I have watched him go from being very frustrated on the slopes during storm skiing sessions, to instantly stoked with a ski change yelling "Freshies!" That's the stuff. Say what you want, but cultivating that passion is where I'm at. I used to bike all winter in Jersey on 1.9 contis.....suddenly you need a fat bike? At the same time I'm blowing it for not making my kid tail gun through chest deep snow. I'm sure there's some twisted logic there but as a Dad who wants to see his kid rip pow...I'm not gettin' it.

For the record, I'm not complaining. I made him some. Tipping off other Dads for the enjoyment of skiing with the young'uns.

As for cliff hucking....no way I will hold him back. This was him at 5 before he could swim. It's tough introducing your kids to this stuff. I think about the kid that got paralyzed at MRG this fall. I bet his Dad wished he never took him skiing. At the same time....unlocking potential in sports is priceless in facing challenges in other areas of life. In the mean time, my kids loves his fatties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rez8.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	202641  
    Last edited by DaveVt; 03-16-2017 at 02:34 PM.

^

Looks like Ricker?

FTR, Straw's boys both are rippin' skiers and both ride occasional also...as for Straw himself, let's just say his boys didn't learn from him!

Some nice stoke for those of us that have been chained to work for the last few days drooling. Tomorrow's calendar has been cleared and out of office reply ready for activation. Loving the pics of the better Bottle getting after it!

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ^

Looks like Ricker?

FTR, Straw's boys both are rippin' skiers and both ride occasional also...as for Straw himself, let's just say his boys didn't learn from him!

Some nice stoke for those of us that have been chained to work for the last few days drooling. Tomorrow's calendar has been cleared and out of office reply ready for activation. Loving the pics of the better Bottle getting after it!
    Oh shit, my bad...thought that was Rog. That said, he has his experience, I have mine. When the snow starts to get deep kids skis blow. Fat skis are the difference.

I don't know shit about skis...put him on a board, problem solved! Is that pic from Ricker?

Goniff and I are skiing Stowe tomorrow and looking for a kind soul to show us around. He hasn't been in about 5 years and it's more like 20 for me. Willing to serve as a guide when you come to Magic. You don't have to show us your secret stashes unless you are so inclined but we are looking for local knowledge to maximize our one day at Mt. AIG before it becomes Vail East. PM me if you're willing....

Great day skiing the Powder Bush with VT-Freeheel and Radam.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Great day skiing the Powder Bush with VT-Freeheel and Radam.

Your GoPro looks like a little man. Custom job?

Nice work though.