Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2783
    Schedule is clear for tomorrow and the NOAA forecast is looking mega tasty. Who's coming with me?

In the meanwhile, enjoy this meager stokage from this past weekend in central Oregon.

Check the pH balance of the local snowpack

Turns out, backcountry skiing is still fun.

The steepness is the goodness.

I can hazz all of the flats.

Quote Originally Posted by plurpimpin View Post
    So much good stoke in this thread right now! Do you ever post anything positive about the snow? Even after a great day it seems like you're always bitching.

Hitting the bowl after work today, can't pass this storm up!
    Name:  Capture22.PNG
Views: 238
Size:  389.6 KB

Seriously though, I remember the last time you replied to something bitchy I wrote. We got off on the wrong foot because of that. It happens. Sorry for the inconvenience. Most of what I post is not bitchy. Easy to verify before taking the high-T, 20-something, "cashmeousside" route: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...rchid=12993481

The moral of the last post was to get after it while it's nukin'! Looks like you will be, so I'm now stoked for you.

Just to clear all this up, I'll give you the big sausage if you ever partake in my tailgate stoke and everything should be better. Jonesy had the big sausage last time and can vouch for its medicinal properties.

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Can confirm major dumpage currently at Mt Hood Meadows. Lots of control work going on... first row!
    We anxiously await your report at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

Check the pH balance of the local snowpack

Another backstory for HMD!

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Name:  Capture22.PNG
Views: 238
Size:  389.6 KB

Seriously though, I remember the last time you replied to something bitchy I wrote. We got off on the wrong foot because of that. It happens. Sorry for the inconvenience. Most of what I post is not bitchy. Easy to verify before taking the high-T, 20-something, "cashmeousside" route: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...rchid=12993481

The moral of the last post was to get after it while it's nukin'! Looks like you will be, so I'm now stoked for you.

Just to clear all this up, I'll give you the big sausage if you ever partake in my tailgate stoke and everything should be better. Jonesy had the big sausage last time and can vouch for its medicinal properties.
    I do have a soft spot in my heart for big sausages, come spring I'll def have to check out the tailgate scene. No hard feelings, after growing up skiing ice on the east coast I just don't have a ton of patience for snow complaints. Plus I was kinda a dick this morning with snow envy as well hahaha.

love is in the air! and other places!

Skibowl was the shit last night. Boot top and blower everywhere, deeper if you looked for it. No issues getting some faceshots on every lap. Can say with confidence everyone there last night had a blast. Chair was running half capacity until 7ish, something about it running too low. Hopefully, they will rope it on the upper section and load full tonight. Going back tonight with crossed fingers.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

I do have a soft spot in my heart for big sausages, come spring I'll def have to check out the tailgate scene. No hard feelings, after growing up skiing ice on the east coast I just don't have a ton of patience for snow complaints. Plus I was kinda a dick this morning with snow envy as well hahaha.

TGR Orygun thread keeps on spittin' out legit mags. Feelin' the love.

I'll be up this weekend no matter what the weather's doing

timberline spring pass $119.

Another backstory for HMD!

Try growing up skiing the PNWet and then skiing in Montana and Wyoming for 20 years. Like you, it changes your perception of what good skiing can really be. Yes, the skiing out here can certainly be variable. And crowded. Much like you state; it's still pretty good. I know I'm reminded of that every time I get out, especially this spring (and l likely this summer, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

Try growing up skiing the PNWet and then skiing in Montana and Wyoming for 20 years. Like you, it changes your perception of what good skiing can really be. Yes, the skiing out here can certainly be variable. And crowded. Much like you state; it's still pretty good. I know I'm reminded of that every time I get out, especially this spring (and l likely this summer, too).
    Hell yeah I feel ya, lived in Driggs for a few years before moving to Portland. I've definitely experienced the full snow spectrum over the years and still get jealous of that cold smoke. On the glass half full side though 4" of PNWet snow tends to fill everything in while 4" of cold smoke is usually punches through to whatever is below... But that's being real optimistic

Super stoaked though, got 10 days off in May to head back out there and do some climbing and skiing with some old buddies. It's gonna be rad!

Hell yeah I feel ya, lived in Driggs for a few years before moving to Portland. I've definitely experienced the full snow spectrum over the years and still get jealous of that cold smoke. On the glass half full side though 4" of PNWet snow tends to fill everything in while 4" of cold smoke is usually punches through to whatever is below... But that's being real optimistic

Super stoaked though, got 10 days off in May to head back out there and do some climbing and skiing with some old buddies. It's gonna be rad!
    Nice! On that Cold Smoke - I sure learned how to fill core shots and such with P-Tex living in Montana. It was rarely a thing here in the PNWet.

Back on topic; who is headed out tomorrow to MHM? Let's shred.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    timberline spring pass $119.
    Boom. Deal of the century.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Was the chillest snowiest day ever at Timberline yesterday. I am the slow mo snow man in the snow globe. Jah bless everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    grabbing my skibowl spring pass tonite for $99!

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    Meadows pass starts Friday and is only a few bucks more, FYI.

timberline does not make my heart race but chairs spinning until the end of may helps.

timberline does not make my heart race but chairs spinning until the end of may helps.
    What is the cutoff between spring and summer pass at tline? Like how late is the spring pass good till?

spring pass is good until the end of may. they extended a week last year and we rode the first week in june. not sure when summer starts.

2016-2017 ORYGUN - Annual Pow, Beer, and Duct Tape Thread

Sitting at the City waiting for the permit process to wrap up...wishing I was unbillable skiing on the hill...

Any pics of the pow?

forgive me if i asked already but i usually go to bachy in feb/mar. what kind of low angle groomers will be open in mid april? i will ride at timberline before the bachy iteration of bbi17 so i will have a better idea what is reasonable in a couple weeks. probably won't be straightlining the cirque this season, sorry, jonesy.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Sitting at the City waiting for the permit process to wrap up...wishing I was unbillable skiing on the hill...

Any pics of the pow?
    Don't know if it's better to see the pics or not to see the pics!

Glad some of you Mags are getting after it this week. Leave some for us 9-5'ers on the weekend.

forgive me if i asked already but i usually go to bachy in feb/mar. what kind of low angle groomers will be open in mid april? i will ride at timberline before the bachy iteration of bbi17 so i will have a better idea what is reasonable in a couple weeks. probably won't be straightlining the cirque this season, sorry, jonesy.
    All of them!

Gonna try and do the damn deed tomorrow.
    Training for Alpental

All of them!
    Regardless of snowpack depth their corporate perspective may/will change after all school's spring breaks are over. Depends more on # of customers and how many employees they want to retain to run the area.