Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I will next week... will definitely report back with my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BaNosser View Post
    anyone have any beta or experience on the new Reverb..? My LBS guy makes it sound pretty solid with the all new internals..
    Wife has been running the new version for a couple of months. So far so good, but too early to tell. The "lever" still blows.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Wife has been running the new version for a couple of months. So far so good, but too early to tell. The "lever" still blows.
    How's it doing in the cold?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    How's it doing in the cold?
    Seems about the same as the old one. Honestly, aside from the fact that it has gold letters and hasn't failed yet, I don't notice any significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    yeah.. I have the same push actuator for my lockout.. it works ok for that but.. would prefer something else it for my dropper..
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

My new replacement reverb failed. I don't know if it was the cold as it was only 40-45 degrees. It won't go up or down, but it does sag a little.

When they work they're awesome

My original command post is on bike 3 which is a fat bike. Gets sticky when cold but I have figured out how to make it work. Not many droppers like -28 Celsius.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    My new replacement reverb failed. I don't know if it was the cold as it was only 40-45 degrees. It won't go up or down, but it does sag a little.

When they work they're awesome
    My Reverb (a used one that was rebuilt by SRAM) was slow as molasses on New Year's day, also at around 45 degrees. It eventually got better when the day warmed up, but it was taking like a good 5 seconds to fully extend. Not to mention the thing feels gritty after 1 muddy ride.

The wife and I are on 1st gen Contact Switch posts. 4 seasons of use now I think. One or two cable replacements in that time when the lever got a little sticky, but otherwise zero maintenance and they work as well as the day I installed them. Now that I've typed that they will probably both fail on the first ride this spring, but even if they do I can't really complain considering that they cost $200 new.

My reverb came back to life yesterday...kind of. Super slow moving up and down in the 50 degree garage. So, it does appear to be a temperature issue.

Yeah, its the valve not fully closing with the oil not behaving the same in colder temps. I'd suggest leaving it in the cold air and then bleeding it while its still cold, could help it get through the colder months.

^right on, thanks.

I think I want to replace my Reverb with either a Transfer or Fall Line. About the only thing I like about it is that it doesn't squeak like the Lev. For either one, I'd put on the Wolf Tooth lever, so effectively it boils down to whether I can stomach an extra $150 for a better seat adjust system and maybe better reliability. I'm not sure whether the user service is a plus - usually I just let my local shop work on suspension, and with CA prices, I want that to happen as infrequently as possible.

It ain't cheap but I'm pretty happy with my (external) Thomson. A little finicky about cable tension and I added a brake noodle to improve the cable routing at the bars but once I got that dialed it's been solid. On its second bike now, maybe 3000 miles total.

That new transfer seems like the business with the easy setup but the pure mechanical mechanism on the Fall Line is attractive. Nice levers on both. Drool. Don't need to be replacing the post on my new bike right out of the box though! Hopefully the new reverb is as reliable as my current gen 2 (I got lucky).
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Just when I thought I had a reliable post option for my demo fleet... I had a Fox Transfer puke out all the oil last weekend after less than two months of use. It's always a nice thing to see the oil leaking out the bottom of the frame during a ride, knowing you might lose all control of the dropper at any moment.

I hope it was just a one-off default because otherwise, I'm a big fan of the design and operation of the new Fox posts. I've got a PNW Bachelor on the way too, based on the reviews maybe that's my next post option...
    How is the PNW holding up? I got one and so far it's worked great especially considering the temps...just haven't had enough time on it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    That new transfer seems like the business with the easy setup but the pure mechanical mechanism on the Fall Line is attractive. Nice levers on both. Drool. Don't need to be replacing the post on my new bike right out of the box though! Hopefully the new reverb is as reliable as my current gen 2 (I got lucky).
    Did somebody say "new bike?" What's the whip?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Did somebody say "new bike?" What's the whip?
    Gotta wait to officially announce. Suffice to say, it'll be a lot like my current one.

Gotta wait to officially announce. Suffice to say, it'll be a lot like my current one.
    Jesus christ, this isn't a fucking pregnancy.

I anticipate announcement of a new Tracer this spring.

I anticipate announcement of a new Tracer this spring.
    Is it a boy or a girl?

After mildly exhausting research, I ordered the Fox Transfer. It seems to be the winner considering price, reliability and it not being a Reverb.

The fact that the lever is sold separately is a bit absurd but it's still a killer price.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjames11 View Post
    How is the PNW holding up? I got one and so far it's worked great especially considering the temps...just haven't had enough time on it yet....
    So far so good- I probably have 15 rides on it so far, in temps down to about 25* and I haven't had any issues (knock on wood). I like other levers better, but the PNW one works just fine. It's a solid feeling dropper, so far it's the one that's given me the most peace of mind when using it- compared to the Reverb, Transfer, and Lev Integra.

FWIW, I had to return two Fox Transfers out of the 6-7 I had on my demo bikes last fall because the seals broke and they were leaking oil. Both had less than a dozen rides before they started to fail.

After using a Gravity Dropper for 5 years, I decided to try a Crank Brothers Highline. I've never been a fan of their products, but people seem to like this one. We'll see how it goes. I paid $267 on Jenson using a 15% coupon on their sale price. You can negotiate everything with the chat feature.

From Vital today. not maintenance related, but this can't come out soon enough:
    Name:  full_EWSROTO17_X2_9448.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  83.7 KB
    bumps are for poor people