Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    conditions have been top notch this week. Hope y'all been getting some. Spent monday in the sheep pen skiing around upper and mid days. Yesterday skied that big beautiful north face off thunder mountain north peak, definitely deserving of its classic status. snows been great both days if you know where to look

^^^Nice!
    anyone know if e/s faces have been corning up?

I'm in town and looking for a good tour in lcc or bcc to do on Saturday. Any suggestions? Looking for something short-ish and probably north facing so we can head back to CO in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    conditions have been top notch this week. Hope y'all been getting some. Spent monday in the sheep pen skiing around upper and mid days. Yesterday skied that big beautiful north face off thunder mountain north peak, definitely deserving of its classic status. snows been great both days if you know where to look

Fkna nice

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i was surprised we didn't haz to look hard on the crack o noon slackcountry special patrol
    bit o og skywalkers make that booter saferz

pretty sure ya lose the suns out guns out gnar point if your dry humpin the knife edge

well thats a interestingly worded sign

for a ga cat ya can turn em well amazin what a semester at au can do 4u

gear up ya can bring a harness but probaby don't need to look that hard
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Nice work! How is the waterfall right now? Down-climbable? Is there a fixed hand line? Rappel?

Quote Originally Posted by marmar View Post
    Nice work! How is the waterfall right now? Down-climbable? Is there a fixed hand line? Rappel?
    we rapped it.

Booter's in.

Nice. Which line did you ski?

the good one from the top i hopes
    strong work
    fkna the 1st step to skiing the twins or timp gnar is skiing
    Sftoxes minny maggot ripper will probably ski em both

that or end up atop fantasy w/ a mottly crew of ski bums, bday snowbunnies, or professional a rookie troller breakin his booter cherry

long as he aint callin what he's wearing an outfit

wasn't as crowded as shitshow weekend has been in the past
    nfacin untracked still skiin good
    corn cycle was slow yesterday
    green slope looked heinous
    nothin says green lights slope stability like multiple braaapppp heads highmarkin atop each other in corner pocket
    way over the top mag

not sure i can ditch the valentine spanser but am trying to take the maggot rad dad tour your way to make you take sum of it back
    save me a free donuts
    did i mention how fast and rad my red skis marshall o hooked me up with are?

did i mention how fast and rad my red skis marshall o hooked me up with are
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

So the family made it. We're currently unpacking a mountain of boxes. But we can see mountains from our loving room. So I'm officially living the dream. Looking forward to making a few turns with some of you guys just as soon as I can catch my breath.
    On a similar note, where can I get beta on some accessible afternoon tours. I'm thinking set out at 330, go up for an little while and catch 1 or 2 laps before dark.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Nice. Which line did you ski?
    NE couloir to the hanging snowfields into Broads.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    On a similar note, where can I get beta on some accessible afternoon tours. I'm thinking set out at 330, go up for an little while and catch 1 or 2 laps before dark.
    It's none too exciting but you can skin up under the Great Western lift at Brighton after 4pm and come down a groomer. Nice post-work solo affair. Also most of the stuff on the north side of the BCC road (Beartrap Fork for example) is short/low angle/good for a quick evening lap. In LCC I believe Grizzly Gulch (Alta-maintained cat track at the very end of the road) is the analogous option.

Well, this is a bit of a tardy reply, but, yes, I was there. Went up Grizzly to TLP then dropped in from the top of Heaven's Gate and over to Figure 8 Hill. I didn't arrive until after 12 noon. But, still had first tracks in great snow. Some guys had made a climbing track up the middle of the run, but for some reason they skied way off to skier's right. The main hill was pristine. Went back for a 2nd run, and there were a couple of new tracks, but I still was able to ski without crossing any tracks. Yeah, you should kick yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Anyone lucky enough to be out in this surprise 13" up in LCC? I was gonna head up Grizz and just got too lazy to bother convincing the wife last night, now I'm kicking myself...

Wife and I went up to Alta today... low vis, stingy sleety snow. Thought about Grizz -> Silver but didn't seem worth it, everything underneath the ~1" fresh was pretty crusty, plus you couldn't really see shit. Could use some legitimate accumulation of fresh.

Nearly 5" of heavy wet snow today up north. Ran really easily on the old bed surface. Skinning on steep slopes was challenging. Skiing was fun surfy creamy.

Wife and I went up to Alta today... low vis, stingy sleety snow. Thought about Grizz -> Silver but didn't seem worth it, everything underneath the ~1" fresh was pretty crusty, plus you couldn't really see shit. Could use some legitimate accumulation of fresh.
    Rowad was pretty busy on the downhill around 1pm. Deep enough on sheltered mid-elevation EB after 2. Saw more cracking and sensitive 3" windslab at bottom than top.

no slagsters
    no tipsters
    just bums of ski in ft royal
    good shit mags

Anyone know the poor snowboarder who got taken out by an out of control touron in Great Scott yesterday at the end of the day? Snowboarder had broken femur, lots of screaming. Touron skier was shaken up but seemed ok. It was dumping snow and the wind was howling, doubt life flight could fly. I'm sure it was a long painful sled ride down. Vibes to the boarder. Don't wish that upon anyone.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Went up Twin Lakes pass and poked around, wanted to stay up high for hopefully better snow quality. Lot's of wind slab but didn't seem to reactive, if anythings seemed more squishy then springy. Wind was blowing hard and viz sucked, but the turn were better then I thought.

I was rolling solo, but don't worry, I had the proper safety gear.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chicken.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	176875

Name:	pres1.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	176876

Name:	pres2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	176877
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Always a good idea to have a chicken on you to throw on the slope to see if it goes. Just don't tell skifishbum, he'll start clucking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Anyone know the poor snowboarder who got taken out by an out of control touron in Great Scott yesterday at the end of the day? Snowboarder had broken femur, lots of screaming. Touron skier was shaken up but seemed ok. It was dumping snow and the wind was howling, doubt life flight could fly. I'm sure it was a long painful sled ride down. Vibes to the boarder. Don't wish that upon anyone.
    Fuck, my friend was telling me about that. Not good.

One from today. Love this creamy snow.

It's none too exciting but you can skin up under the Great Western lift at Brighton after 4pm and come down a groomer. Nice post-work solo affair. Also most of the stuff on the north side of the BCC road (Beartrap Fork for example) is short/low angle/good for a quick evening lap. In LCC I believe Grizzly Gulch (Alta-maintained cat track at the very end of the road) is the analogous option.
    Gracias!
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Has anyone ever skied up around Peak 9773 / Hobbs Peak, what looks like the top of Thomas Fork (or possibly 1 sub-drainage lookers left) out of Neff's? I guess this would be the the area you'd hit if you topped out over the Whipple, judging by the wbskiing map.

I sit and stare at it out my window all day and it looks pretty skiable, just curious about the approach up Neff's/Thomas...

Has anyone ever skied up around Peak 9773 / Hobbs Peak, what looks like the top of Thomas Fork (or possibly 1 sub-drainage lookers left) out of Neff's? I guess this would be the the area you'd hit if you topped out over the Whipple, judging by the wbskiing map.

I sit and stare at it out my window all day and it looks pretty skiable, just curious about the approach up Neff's/Thomas...
    I've spent quite a bit of time up there, it's best hit when there's snow on the valley floor, but it might be good for a few more weeks if it cools off a bit.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.