New Ski Rental Shop - Any good Computer Rental Programs?

Have been working in a rental shop for years not using any computer or barcoding system, just paper. Any recommendations on a cheap and simple computer rental program?
    That is all, thanks for any input

Standalone rental shop? The systems I've used were all modules of bigger systems (ie ticketing also).

Just rental. Skis/skins/avy gear and splits

I've been working on something that would go into this space. However, we aren't close to being ready to go live.

There is a shop in Tahoe or Incline Village that builds something similar to what you are looking for. I can't remeber the name and cant find them on Google at the moment but if I remember I'll chime in.
    live the life.

Gotta be plenty of point of sale systems with barcode capability. You might have to tweak option to suit your needs, and might not get it exactly as you envisioned. I'd look more for inventory tracking programs.

rental shop software stores customer info so it can be used next time without re-entering it. Inventory tracking software generally won't link the gear (barcode) to who has it. I'm not sure how cheap or simple these systems are... cheap & simple can mean different things to different people.

The specific software I've seen tends towards having computers for the customer to enter their info before they get to talking to the people in the shop, is that the way you want to go? More designed for higher volume shops.