XC Knee pads / shin guards for wife/girlfriend?

Anyone have recommendations?

My girlfriend rides flat pedals with super sharp spikes, no bashguard and no shin guards. It makes me cringe every time I see her come through a rock garden or steep rooty switchback.

She doesn't like intimidating things or anything that would be too hot / uncomfortable. My goal is to get her some protection she would actually be likely to use! What are you(r) gals using?

My girlfriend isn't doing bike park lift served, just trail riding, but we do go on downhill trails etc. She doesn't ride fast enough where burly protection is needed, so just some lightweight simple protection is probably best.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

POC VPD 2.0.

Get her some cheap slide-on roller blading knee pads. Don't protect your shins but generally comfortable and not as damn hot in the summer.
    Sometimes pride comes after a fall.

Wife and I have been rocking the 661 Evo knee pads for a while now. They are awesome. But maybe not so much for pedaling uphill. We do have friends who ride up and down with them.
    Recently bought these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIXSIXONE-AD...e54880&vxp=mtr
    They don't make them anymore. Not sexy enough. They work great for shin protection without needing to get something plastic and moto looking. Can be found cheap d/t closeout.

Buddy of mine recently got these and says they're better than the 661 pads for pedaling.
    http://www.bikebling.com/POC-Joint-V...shopping_feeds

I wear these on every ride Fox Launch Knee/Shin. Some people think they're overkill and intimidating, but they've saved me many an ER visit. I personally don't find them too hot ever. Only problem with them is that you need to keep them clean and free of salt buildup or else they'll start chafing under where the straps meet up -- typically on the upper knee and on the shin -- but it's nothing a little water and some shammy cream can't fix.

Bubble wrap
    watch out for snakes

the g form knee pads are super lightweight and they have a wide variety of sizes so they don't slide down

What about those yellow slide-ons you have seen me using? I am replacing mine because I need something burlier for my knees, but they would definitely do a good job protecting her shins from the pedals. I bought them super cheap at backcountry.com. Like $40 or something.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

G-form knee/shin combo.

Race face charge pads are pretty long and your forget you're wearing them pretty quickly... Combined with tall socks she'll be safe from her pedals.

Another option is the 661 exo. Really long pads, wife likes them a lot

Gravity lover - that is the one. Gform knee-shin

It does exactly zero to protect against a direct strike of something hard (still have knee pain four months later from a slow-motion tree-to-kneecap), and I need duct tape to prevent the knee from sliding down, but perfect for keeping sharp things away from the shins.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Yeah I rarely have hard strikes like that so my experience has only been how good they are at eliminating pedal bite and the random rocks, branches and sticks that would otherwise rip me up. Guess you just need to get smoother

^ those G-forms sound like the ticket. I'm worried about pedal strikes and minor tumbles. This girl is not launching any boulder or ladder drops.

Next challenge: how do I convince her that she doesn't look like a Ferguson Missouri police officer while wearing these?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

That part is easy. Whatever the people around you are wearing, always feels normal. Lycra is the best example of this the world has ever known.
    However many are in a shit ton.

the g-forms are way more low key looking
    altho any knee/shin looks weird unless you are rocking baggies

Pics of girlfriend in position requiring said knee pads please
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

If you are just worried about pedal strikes to the shin maybe some cheap plastic soccer shin pads. Wear a pair of long socks over them and nobody would even know she is wearing them and probably half the price of mountain bike pads.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    ^ those G-forms sound like the ticket. I'm worried about pedal strikes and minor tumbles. This girl is not launching any boulder or ladder drops.

Next challenge: how do I convince her that she doesn't look like a Ferguson Missouri police officer while wearing these?
    If you sell it as that you care for her so much you don't want to see her get hurt, she will melt a bit and wear them.

If that doesn't work, I'd throw them at her and say 'You are scary as fuck to watch going downhill, put these on".

Guy asks for kneepads for his girlfriend and none of you so much as snicker?
    0/10
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.