Page 131 of 465 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Denver to Winter Park. 5:30-8:00am downtown Denver to Jane. Is 5am now the new standard? It is fucking ~60miles. God damnit.
    Probably from all the new people who left the Epic Pass because of crowds...now WP and Copper are more crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Probably from all the new people who left the Epic Pass because of crowds...now WP and Copper are more crowded.
    So, unless it is my imagination..Last season I did entirely weekday skiing at WP, especially Friday's and it wasn't really crowded. I could leave at 7am Denver, and be up there in 1:15-1:30. This entire season..Friday's have been almost as bad as the weekends. I have never ski'd Loveland, but am checking it out this week to see what it is about.

It's always a slog getting out of Denver & the foothills in an upslope. I'm no fan of these kind of storms.

Do any front rangers do regular ski lessons for their kids? Seems impossible to get them their on-time and also keep them from going bonkers in the car.

The traffic increases you guys have seen over the past years almost makes the ski train seem like a decent option..does thay still go to WP on thw weekends?

Yep, it just started back up last weekend, I believe.

Who here would drop ~$100 to spend a friday night in a nice-ish hotel in Idaho Springs or Georgetown? Idea being you could get a head start on the traffic, and maybe get a bag breakfast and lunch included...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Who here would drop ~$100 to spend a friday night in a nice-ish hotel in Idaho Springs or Georgetown? Idea being you could get a head start on the traffic, and maybe get a bag breakfast and lunch included...
    No way. If I'm driving to the mountains I'll drive all the way on Friday. You'd have to get up really early to avoid traffic in Idaho Springs or Georgetown. Not worth it at all. Better to spend a little more $ and stay near or next to the slopes.

Nope. Still need to deal with Eisenhower or Berthoud in the morning. I'd rather be on the other side of the divide. Gotta pay more but it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Do any front rangers do regular ski lessons for their kids? Seems impossible to get them their on-time and also keep them from going bonkers in the car.

The traffic increases you guys have seen over the past years almost makes the ski train seem like a decent option..does thay still go to WP on thw weekends?
    We have two front Range families in our kids local ski lesson deal this season....one has a place up here and is always on time no issues, the other is let everyday. They are a total mess when they finally make it. Who lives in Denver and has their kid in season long lessons at Beaver Creek? Disaster.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    what do people do in their cars when crawling in traffic for 4 or 5 hours?
    Search for real estate in Crested Butte, as far as I can tell. Seriously, I love I-70 traffic.

What all these ski places need is more hostels..like Europe. They would be so fucking packed it would be a for sure money maker. Just like STFU said...In Andermatt, Switzerland(the place with top 5 snow totals in the world), there is a hostel there which is $40(34 francs or so IIRC) a night, and you get breakfast + a lunch baggy. You can literally ski to it going off the backside. I have yet to experience anything like it, at a resort destination, in America. Then again...we have like 5% of the total resorts that Europe does. Austria has over 300..and it is the size of Colorado.

This one is relatively new in Minturn, I just read about it somewhere recently: http://vailbunkhouse.com/

Looks like it includes a free shuttle to both Vail and BC during ski season, which then saves you another $15-30.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    This one is relatively new in Minturn, I just read about it somewhere recently: http://vailbunkhouse.com/

Looks like it includes a free shuttle to both Vail and BC during ski season, which then saves you another $15-30.
    1) $75/night for a hostel? Get real. Looks like a bunk bed with a shower curtain for $75/night.
    2) "Saving" $15-$30 for a shuttle? The ECO bus costs $4 one-way. You can ski Minturn Mile at the end of the day.
    C) This is a pure trash rip-off. For their target audience, they need to charge way less. They are way better off just sleeping in their car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    1) $75/night for a hostel? Get real. Looks like a bunk bed with a shower curtain for $75/night.
    2) "Saving" $15-$30 for a shuttle? The ECO bus costs $4 one-way. You can ski Minturn Mile at the end of the day.
    C) This is a pure trash rip-off. For their target audience, they need to charge way less. They are way better off just sleeping in their car.
    It's a lot cheaper on AirBNB.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    How many people from out of town (or state) know about the ECO bus? I'm guessing none.

I have no affiliation with the place, I just thought it looked interesting. For a lot of folks, $50-70/night is worth it to miss the traffic on Friday morning... and having a "free" shuttle that leaves from the place you're staying is a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    What all these ski places need is more hostels..like Europe. They would be so fucking packed it would be a for sure money maker. Just like STFU said...In Andermatt, Switzerland(the place with top 5 snow totals in the world), there is a hostel there which is $40(34 francs or so IIRC) a night, and you get breakfast + a lunch baggy. You can literally ski to it going off the backside. I have yet to experience anything like it, at a resort destination, in America. Then again...we have like 5% of the total resorts that Europe does. Austria has over 300..and it is the size of Colorado.

I have thought about this in the past, usually while traveling and staying in cool hostels like tryingtostaywarm is referring to. The problem I see is, at least here in Eagle county, is that I don't have 10 million $$ to purchase a large house, on the bus route, that I can charge backpackers $40/night to stay in. With the real estate prices in Minturn these days, I'm surprised they can get away with charging as little as they do and still pay the mortgage in the off season

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Search for real estate in Crested Butte, as far as I can tell. Seriously, I love I-70 traffic.
    and todays winning i70 thought of the day

but seriously get ready in five years crested butte is gonna be epicly fucked just like the i70 resorts, the butte is the ultimate in cool and the new goto get away from the herd kinda town, be careful what you wish for

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post

but seriously get ready in five years crested butte is gonna be epicly fucked just like the i70 resorts, the butte is the ultimate in cool and the new goto get away from the herd kinda town, be careful what you wish for
    This.

CB is spending a lot of $$ advertising all over Denver, on the I70 corridor and on social media.

"A refreshing toll free ride"

That's funny. Good for you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post

We do lessons in winter park, but we rent a place up there. Can't imagine driving up for the day for that.

If anyone wants discounted single day kids lessons there, we bought a 5 pack but want to sell a day or two (they're transferable). $140 each (yeah, I know, pricey, but I think the full price rate is $200).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post

While I don't think CB will ever be "epicly fucked" (too raw of a hill IMO), I hope it never remotely resembles a i70 hill.

Be careful what you wish for...+1

He isn't joking

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post
    He isn't joking
    1 free beer and a shot on Frank and Telechuck for everyone the next time they are CB!

Front Rangers aren't committed enough to drive to CB on a regular basis in the winter. We will be able to skip 5 hours of driving, post that Instagram banger from booting 400 feet up the East Wall, and still hit happy hour on Saturday night!

But we fucking did it man! We did it. Skis strapped on the pack, kicking steps up a steep couloir, 345 followers loving our shit....................fucking hell life is good on the front range.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    1 free beer and a shot on Frank and Telechuck for everyone the next time they are CB!

Front Rangers aren't committed enough to drive to CB on a regular basis in the winter. We will be able to skip 5 hours of driving, post that Instagram banger from booting 400 feet up the East Wall, and still hit happy hour on Saturday night!

But we fucking did it man! We did it. Skis strapped on the pack, kicking steps up a steep couloir, 345 followers loving our shit....................fucking hell life is good on the front range.
    Colorado is still growing, pretty soon, when it takes 4 hours to go from the Denver/Boulder to Vail or Summit County damn near 100% of the time due to traffic, people will absolutely drive all the way to CB to ski. If I'm going to spend half a day in the car, I better be covering more than 100 miles. I think it's time to build some more ski areas.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I think it's time to build some more ski areas.
    That's a great idea. We've been here with our thumbs up our asses until you came along.