Thread: P18 issue

P18 issue

So I bought some used p18s which I was told were in great working condition. Low and behold when they get here only one of the heels has a DIN indicator showing in the window and its showing 18. After adjusting both the heel pieces there one din indicator keeps showing 18 regardless of adjustment and the other is still with out an indicator.

Is this a replaceable part? To be clear the window with the numbers is still there, just no little line. Also I can kind of see the screw or spring or something through the window can I use that to set the DIN?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Weird. There is a plastic piece that clicks onto the adjustment screw and slides across the din window as you turn the screw. Sounds like that piece is broken/missing.
    They made the newer heels hard to get into, there is a rolled pin connecting the plastic housing to the metal body. You'd have to press that pin in, pop off the plastic and replace the din indicator (if you can get the piece from rossi or a donor binding)
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Could you reference another fks heel on amount of screw turns to your din? Just an idea..

Sent from my GT-N8013 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mitch_cumstein View Post
    Could you reference another fks heel on amount of screw turns to your din? Just an idea..

Sent from my GT-N8013 using TGR Forums
    Thought of that, but it seems pretty sketchy.
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Weird. There is a plastic piece that clicks onto the adjustment screw and slides across the din window as you turn the screw. Sounds like that piece is broken/missing.
    They made the newer heels hard to get into, there is a rolled pin connecting the plastic housing to the metal body. You'd have to press that pin in, pop off the plastic and replace the din indicator (if you can get the piece from rossi or a donor binding)
    Its an older style p18.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Its an older style p18.
    By newer I meant P18 vs ZR, I *think* all P18s are pinned. Not hard to bypass. Just need the replacement piece first.
    Counting turns isn't a terrible idea, since the DIN line is directly connected to the screw that is essentially what it does for you. Get it tested at a shop for peace of mind and go shred.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

There was a thread on here a while ago with pictures from someone taking apart the heel piece on a p18. Like gwat said the hard part is getting the rolled pin out.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

toturial

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    There was a thread on here a while ago with pictures from someone taking apart the heel piece on a p18. Like gwat said the hard part is getting the rolled pin out.
    there is a thred here somewhere about it!

Bring beer to a ski shop. Your local shop rat should be able to put your (mounted) bindings on the bench tester and get them both releasing at the same torque range.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny26 View Post
    there is a thred here somewhere about it!
    Thanks for bumping this nearly two year old thread with your important post, JONG!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Thanks for bumping this nearly two year old thread with your important post, JONG!
    wtf
    the force of the gsa is strong in this one
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno