Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    There's nothing wrong with actually moving somewhere and calling yourself a local - I'm just talking about the bullshit where they pretend to be some long time jaded local who gets annoyed by tourists, especially when they've only lived there a couple of years and drop some local attitude on someone who may live in, say, Sacramento but has been going to Tahoe consistently for 30 years or something. IMO the Sacramento guy is more of a local than they are.

No tailgate before the TGR premiere in San Francisco this year?

Just start yelling Locals Only! in the parking lot
    skid luxury

Or show up wearing this stuff:
    http://www.sanfrancisconative.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I be there with a BBQ and some LOCs from the neighborhood. #SoLocal
    live the life.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Or show up wearing this stuff:
    http://www.sanfrancisconative.com/
    Heh. I bet you'll see more of those in the east bay than the city.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Heh. I bet you'll see more of those in the east bay than the city.
    Absolutely not. I saw one on a homeless guy yesterday, but Oakland is only sparingly even seeing Giants and Niners gear. Oaklandish is worn a lot more in SF than SFNative is in the East Bay. To be fair, I think that people in Oakland are more prideful in their city through Oakland specific clothing than city dwellers. Giants hats and hoodies are good enough to show SF pride.

It is too bad there are not more jobs in Oakland to allow us bridge and tunnel folk from ever having to cross over.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

^^ I wasn't being literal, it was more of a comment about long time SF residents crossing over the bridge in recent years as more and more get priced out by the tech bros.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    long time SF residents crossing over the bridge in recent years as more and more get priced out by the tech bros.
    Heh, yeah. Wife's fam has/had been in SF for generations. Various branches have been moving to the East Bay for a while, though there's still a split. I'm still working on her to move out of the BA all together. Can't think of anybody else who has, other than for school.[/threadderail]

Pretty sure I'll actually make this year's tailgate. I believe Shralph and I started it, but I've been sporadic in recent years.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

^ You and I started it in Nov 2007. So this would be the 9th annual TGR film PoFA Tailgate.

Every year's tailgate has encouraged non-Locals. And craft beer one-ups-manship.

I get back from a road trip the night before. I'll do my best to make the tailgate. After all, it's now long-standing tradition.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I'll prolly just sit on my deck wearing ski boots and a pair of beater skis and drink a beer Schralph left at my house (i.e. I'll be there in spirit only).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I'm in, prolly Sinecure too.

Will bring a growler or 3 of something fresh from Ale Arsenal.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

We need to get back on to the important topic at hand--namely: is somebody bringing a grill? I can bring beer and brats on my bike but coals and grills are too much. Otherwise I'm going to show up with cold cuts and be sad.

I no haz grill. Pretty sure I'll be there with a six pack though. (Runs off to check if there are tix left.)

I usually buy a couple extra rickets for fellow jongs who don't plan ahead, but forgot this time. are they really sold out?

I've never seen anybody who shows up to the tailgate not make it in. usually an open mind, a six pack, and maybe a little bud makes magic happen

always stoked to see the maggots rallying for this. FYI on tickets (because we want to make sure you can all get in, and this isn't just marketing fluff) - they are still available but going really, really quick. venue holds 968 people and we are at around 780 sold already (plus some comps on top of that), and sold 100 yesterday alone. Best guess is the late show sells out by tomorrow or Saturday so PLEASE get your tickets soon to make sure you can get in, they definitely won't be available day of show or probably even week of show.

thanks - will make sure we send some of the team out to say whats up at the tailgate.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    We need to get back on to the important topic at hand--namely: is somebody bringing a grill? I can bring beer and brats on my bike but coals and grills are too much. Otherwise I'm going to show up with cold cuts and be sad.
    As stated earlier, I will have a grill. Should arrive around 8:00-8:15 so the grill can heat up, cook, and get out away before we grab seats.

Quote Originally Posted by filmtour View Post
    always stoked to see the maggots rallying for this. FYI on tickets (because we want to make sure you can all get in, and this isn't just marketing fluff) - they are still available but going really, really quick. venue holds 968 people and we are at around 780 sold already (plus some comps on top of that), and sold 100 yesterday alone. Best guess is the late show sells out by tomorrow or Saturday so PLEASE get your tickets soon to make sure you can get in, they definitely won't be available day of show or probably even week of show.

thanks - will make sure we send some of the team out to say whats up at the tailgate.

Mark
    Thanks Mark. We snagged our 3 tickets and a sigh of relief that we aren't missing the tailgate too!

Quote Originally Posted by jcolingham View Post
    As stated earlier, I will have a grill. Should arrive around 8:00-8:15 so the grill can heat up, cook, and get out away before we grab seats.
    Anyone coming at like 6 or 6:30 have a grill they can bring? If not, I might be able to scrounge one up.
    sproing!

Will bring my last heady toppers to one up the beer brigade.
    live the life.

I wish I could go.

Have fun kids!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Early

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Anyone coming at like 6 or 6:30...
    Yeah, looks like we'll be coming to the Early Show - makes it easier to get Bart back home.
    Not bringing a Grill though - we are Veggy's so what's the point...?
    (Hey Schralp! Got anything to say?)

Why not just head around to the Tailgate after the Early Show?

Exceptional Suds are cool, but how about some Vino? Less time hitting up the Restrooms during the Movie.
    Is anyone bringing their Porta-Vape?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Wish I could make it to meet some of the Bay Area mags. Enjoy the festivities.

In answer to yer query Turx, I'd say everybody.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I was planning to come but already went to the Squaw show last weekend. It's a fun upbeat movie and takes itself way less seriously than previous TGR movies (although they were already heading in that direction with the last one), so enjoy...

No!!! Wait, what are we talking about