Page 369 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 46293
    Leaf peapers

A shitty winter

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    the phone call was a bit much.. email might be good customer service, but phone call is too much.
    I got the same call from BC.com after ordering a some deep discounted bike shorts. Definitely a bit much for $50 shorts. Maybe not if I bought a grand worth of gear but I'm not a high rolling BC customer.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    People in the audience shouting out stupid stuff at the musicians at concerts. And it's all stupid stuff.
    FREE BIRD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Next time you talk with him, ask him what he's wearing.
    I still call it The Jake.

This morning, just before I left for work I ordered some stuff from backcountry.com. I was barely at work and my phone rang. It wasnt even 8 am yet, and nobody calls anyone anymore...

So I go hide in the bathroom to check the message and its some dude from backcountry.com just checking if I had any questions and he loves biking too and has the same shoes I just ordered and hes now my personal backcountry.com contact and if I ever have any questions I am to contact him. Hes a gear expert! It was a real long voicemail.

I get home and check my email, and I have this...

Cool, I guess? excessive, maybe?
    Tell him you have your own personal gear experts over at TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Why did you have to hide in the bathroom?
    because they think if we talk on the phone close to when we drive the bus we will think about the phone call and not driving the bus.

Its sort of an issue of contention because you are only allowed to be on your phone on breaks, but we dont have real breaks, just space between loops, sometimes, which they call breaks, so they cant really say we cant without giving us real breaks which they dont want to do for obvious reasons. Its best to just hide.

This year everyone knew my birthday. I got maybe 10 emails, from doctors and dentists mostly, but also from such close friends as RV salesmen and online sporting goods shops wish me happy birthday. One pharmacy went so far as to call me to wish me happy birthday - with a recorded message.

Is this the new marketing tool? I think I've gotten a few of these in the past, but this year was way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    This year everyone knew my birthday. I got maybe 10 emails, from doctors and dentists mostly, but also from such close friends as RV salesmen and online sporting goods shops wish me happy birthday. One pharmacy went so far as to call me to wish me happy birthday - with a recorded message.

Is this the new marketing tool? I think I've gotten a few of these in the past, but this year was way over the top.
    I'm cool with it---if they want to give me something free on my birthday. Free ice cream, free root canal, whatever.

Sounds like billyk got the free root canal.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post

When places ask for my birthday as part of a registration, but it isn't a place that really needs to know it, I give them the birthday of a friend (the same friend every time). So on my friend's birthday, I get a bunch of "happy birthday" emails. Cracks me up every year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thank you cards. I don't like sending them or receiving them.

Am I a bad person?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Thank you cards. I don't like sending them or receiving them.

Am I a bad person?
    Cards in general. Thanks for sending me more shit to throw in my recycling bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When places ask for my birthday as part of a registration, but it isn't a place that really needs to know it, I give them the birthday of a friend (the same friend every time). So on my friend's birthday, I get a bunch of "happy birthday" emails. Cracks me up every year.
    Whenever you have to sign up for some pointless thing online I always use this girl I knew in high schools name.

Characters from the Big Lebowski work well, too. Uli Kunkle is a regular at several restaurants I've frequented.

Whenever you have to sign up for some pointless thing online I always use this girl I knew in high schools name.
    I always sign Richard Nixon whenever asked for my signature. In twenty something years, not one person has noticed.

^ that reminds me of a long running stunt that was done by an old comedy site. Make credit card transactions with increasingly unlikely signatures, and see how ridiculous one can get before someone says something. If I recall, he signed as Zeus, with musical notes, doodles, and anatomical sketches of the intestine. Not a single transaction was denied.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Get to the doctor's office 10 minutes early only to be told the doctor is going to be 30-45 late getting to the office......and they turn on the fucking Price is Right.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Get to the doctor's office 10 minutes early only to be told the doctor is going to be 30-45 late getting to the office......and they turn on the fucking Price is Right.
    BTDT - Hate that!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

My eyes. Dr and I came to the conclusion that contacts are just not going to work with my oddball eyes.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    We should be able to deduct our excess waiting time from his bill.

It's actually tough to be annoyed by the guy. He's a fucking great guy and I'm lucky to have him as a doc. He was late for a legit reason.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Don't hate. You have no idea what it takes to stay on time in clinic

Having said that. I hate people who bitch about the practice of medicine but don't know how awful it is for those if us who work in it now

People who drive 10 over until they see a cop and then suddenly slow to 10 under, in front of me.

Passing someone doing 30 on the freeway and then realizing that wasn't smoke coming out but spraying oil.

Shit that annoys you

I am really struggling with PA drivers on the highway. For fucks sake they are really terrible out here! Between people not understanding the merging process, left lane campers, and people driving within +-5mph of a given speed. Get on my NJ level fuckers!