Swiss Mag Summit?!

I'm gonna post this for whole of Swiss since no-one has answered my last post.

I'd like to give a shout out to all my fellow Mags in Switzerland. I'm curious if anyone is interested in doing some "pre-season" touring. I call it pre-season because where I am (Graubunden) there is a serious lack of snow, if any. Another reason I'm posting this is because I am at a loss at finding anyone even remotely interested in doing any hiking or touring, at least locally anyways. I think it would be great to get a crew together for some pre-season laps. Who's interested?

Here's to hoping for a good winter! I'm starting my snow dance now... Pray for snow!

a swiss summit would be cool. it would probably have to be something centrally located to guarantee decent participation like engelberg or andermatt. put up this thread link in snow for the euros and see who's interested.

as for touring, i'm in for locally and the valais when the snow arrives.

Can I join? I'm kind of a weird breed, not Swiss nor American not even a real Italian!

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Can I join? I'm kind of a weird breed, not Swiss nor American not even a real Italian!
    All mags are welcome

I am not there yet, still in Seattle. Moving in (Le Chable) after the 4th of Dec. Meeting a bunch of mags en Suisse would be great.
    "Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

I may be in depending on time/place. Just moved here from 'merica and looking to find some people to ski with.
    Life is all about ass...either you are covering it,
    kicking it, hauling it, kissing it, or trying to get it.

now, if only there was snow.................

No snow = meet, drink beer and plan the first tour!
    Am based in Zurich and always up for a tour ;-)

Maybe change is a'comin'

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/fr/...forecast2.aspx

Edit: Never mind. There was a change a comin', but it was in the forecast, not the weather. Should have taken a screenshot
    Last edited by cultvo; 11-20-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    "Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

BCgal, lets meet up! =) I'm always up for a beer and ski dreaming haha
    I'm heading to Zurich tomorrow for a concert... Looks to be good!

Smiley, where are you from in the states?

And still no snow yet, but at least Norway seems to be making a change towards winter, hopefully we'll follow the trend....

Report in mags! Whats the snow (or lackthereof) situation near you....?

meet up

@ Alkares - sure. I'll be in Zurich tomorrow at Munz Bar from 7pm and ICON (hate it, but that's where the gang is) from about 8pm. Let me know if you can make it and we can arrange details. Otherwise next week Thursday?
    Will be in Hintertux this w/e ... forecast cold, dry & sunny so it will be man-made to the mid; but I need my fix!
    I'm from the UK, grew up in upstate NY and lived in A, D & CH.

@ Alkares (and any other ZH based Mags), will be at ICON tonight from 8pm (not my fave but the gang is there). Let me know if you can make it this week or next? Skiing this weekend at Hintertux. Forecast still dry, cold & sunny so will be man-made to the mid but I need my fix ;-)
    Am from the UK but grew up in upstate NY and lived in D, A & CH

Hey, cool, just seen this post. I live in Zurich and am always looking for flexible spontaneous people to ski with. Pretty much chase the powder wherever it falls (Switzerland, Western Austria, France).. except at the moment there is nothing to chase..... I wake up crying every morning
    Catching up for drinks sounds good too...

Gonna be in Zermatt this WE if anyone fancies. Ok.. nothing like North America right now, but at least I can see some white/blue sky and I am not covered in fog all the times....

@Alkares & Skiinggirl - sorry, tried to reply last week to your post but it failed.
    Definately up for a meet up in Zurich over a beer. Week of 12 Dec looks good for now. You?
    Will be in Stanton this w/e - supposed to be season opening but has been postponed ... ah well, will take my bike instead ;-(

Anyone up for something in next week? Either just a beer or maybe a day at a resort? I'd love to get my ski legs back, only been riding a bike for the last couple weeks. Forecast looks like something is coming too.....

Just an update, its been dumping all day at about 1000m here along the rheintal. I hiked up to Valens today and there is about 30cm so far, and if it keeps this up all night I'd guess we should be reaching a meter by tomorrow afternoon. How are things looking for everyone else in Swiss?

If the snowlevel stays stable long enough I'll probably head up the valley for some touring on friday.... Crossing my fingers!

As far as a summit is concerned, does anyone have some good touring spots in central/western Swiss that they're willing to share for this? I know I'm kind of a minority living in the east, but I'm willing to travel anywhere, just need to know a little in advance. Also if anyone is up for a day of touring let let me know where and when and I'll be there.

Hope you guys are getting some fresh turns out there! Peace

Hi, definitely be skiing this WE.. anybody in Unterwallis/French Valais area who wants to join up? I live in Zurich, but will drive wherever most snow. Western Austria also an option, but they have a public holiday tomorrow, so unless it snows quite a bit more a lot will be tracked by Sat... there will be lots of wind influence high up everywhere also.. need to be careful.

Hey people! Anyone up for touring or resort riding this week? I'll be touring by my lonesome until then.... Lemme know!

most possibly going with friends on sat. somewhere close and early since everybody has family dinner and should be home at around 5 (santis area or vorarlberg).
    send me an email on f harrer at hot mail dot com if intrested

Touring this week...? Mags?

hmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    dont think swiss is euro for cascades buster?
    bobby
    Oh...OK.

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    anyone planning an interesting trip? (lift-served or touring)
    Yes, me.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 01-10-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Well I'm not a Swiss mag but flying to Geneva this weekend together with irbis...anyone planning an interesting trip? (lift-served or touring)
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Thinking of touring up some couloirs this weekend in the Vaud/Valais area. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll keep you posted.

I was also thinking of heading to Cham since I have a season pass there and finding some nice stuff up high (last 2 weeks there were mindblowingly good as they were everywhere ), but it may be windblown from what I've heard. I'll wait and see what the status is before finalizing.

Well, I know no-one seems to be interested in "summiting" these days, but if anyone is interested in getting either some touring or resort days in in central/ eastern Swiss, hit me up and lets put something together!