Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Any updates? I may head up there tomorrow or Saturday.

Overhead blower. Berthoud has had a really weird weather anomaly the past few weeks where they have been getting buried every day even though there hasn't been any snow anywhere else in the state.

It's unreal up there. Bring yer snorkel.

Quote Originally Posted by georgio View Post
    Overhead blower. Berthoud has had a really weird weather anomaly the past few weeks where they have been getting buried every day even though there hasn't been any snow anywhere else in the state.

It's unreal up there. Bring yer snorkel.
    35 posts? Once you reach 1000 you might become funny. You'll fit in well here.

Oh, you wanted the real scoop?

As of last weekend there was still some wintery snow to be found on north facing aspects, haven't been up in a couple days, but driving by today looked like everything is pretty well cooked. Sunnier aspects should have a decent window of springy conditions, wet slides will probably start to become a problem this weekend in the afternoons though. Shadier aspects are probably chunderier than will be fun, but you never know, if you hit something in the trees + shade you may find wintery snow (not going as far as to claim there will be anything resembling "powder"). Rode some of the bigger lines late last week, there is definitely fun stuff to be skied if you time it correctly.

Hopefully this fell within the acceptable sarcasm spectrum for my post count.

anyone been up lately. Last post was three weeks ago. Just wondering if corn is possible or if it's already down to dirt.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Ski-able to the road at Current creek and from the east and west sides back to the pass.

Now for Some Anti-Stoke...

North Chutes and Current Creek Bench

Hidden Knoll and The 10 Little Indians (note the runnels on the south facing aspects)

Maybe we should have gone on a warmer day...

Long story short ... with the right weather there is still really good corn skiing to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by GarySanchez View Post
    35 posts? Once you reach 1000 you might become funny. You'll fit in well here.
    Daddy use you as his cum sock growing up? Insecurity isn't very becoming.
    Don't Blame me, I voted for JoJo

Thanks for the picture update!

if berthoud get's the 8-16 Joel is predicting there will be some fun turns to be had indeed!

anyone been up butler gulch lately? thanks.

From Sunday...

We may not have had quite as much fun as CG but certainly still a good time. Post work lap with friends and dogs. Can't beat it, even if we missed the sun and the soft snow. Still plenty of fun to be had up there. We'll see if this storm Wed/Thurs/Fri brings the high elevation snow as NOAA is claiming right now.

WARNING: Mediocre POV footage

(don't say I didn't warn you)

anyone got any thoughts on conditions up there right now?

Drove over this AM around 10. The trees look real pretty... but that's about it. Maybe an inch or two on the ground at the pass. Maybe 4 inches up high. The run-outs at the pass and at current creek are burnt out as of last weekend. After today/tomorrow anything new will be gone.

EDIT: Butler and Jones look like they are holding up much better.

Last check of the snotel had the snow dept at zero. Sweet.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    Last check of the snotel had the snow dept at zero. Sweet.
    Damn. A record season perhaps? May 5th snow depth this year: 0 inches. May 5th last year: 89 inches.

Skied BP yesterday. The alpine lines are still in (Russell N Chute, No Name, Stanley Cirque). Some, like Stanley Cirque, have much smaller cornices than normal too. The runout from No Name appeared to still be skiable. We skied N Chute, then traversed out back to the top of the pass via the aqueduct, and were able to stay on skis most of the way out. Climbing up the west side to Russell was 100% booting though.

Is there better skiing to be had elsewhere right now? Absolutely. But BP is still about as quick and easy as anywhere right now even if it involves a little more walking and less skinning than usual.

skied perfect trees and tea cup ridge yesterday.

perfect trees had been skied a bunch. top 500 feet was money, bottom 300 were tons of sharks. rough middle patch over to the tea cup side, but then it was filled in well down to the road.

90s looked not ready, imo, a few small slides and some tracks that looked very precarious coming down the main chute.
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

^^In case you didn't get the memo, it's 2013...JONG!!

Come on, it was all the way on page 2, you can't expect him to look that far, give the Jong a break.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ions-and-Stoke
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy