Page 179 of 465 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 11608
    Wow it's snowing in the UV. Probably at least 8/9" down so far.
    Looks like, baring any unforeseen bullshit, I'll be at Magic tomorrow morning. Red top, black pants, white lid (with the red bucking bronco, of course). Say hey if you wanna ski and take some pictures
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by rather ripped View Post
    So Magic opens during the week if they get 6" of snow....sometimes. Did their policy change?
    As roark pointed out the normal policy is we have to be 50% open first. Thursday will be an exception. see you there??

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    I'm the only one at work in my department in New Haven today. This place is so empty. Took me 4 tries to get out of my driveway (thanks plow guy for the 3' snowbank). After that it was smooth sailing. But yeah, 12-16 in central Ct with higher drifts. Go to Sundown or Southington and hope they're steep enough and not groomed.

I imagine I'll find the same thing when I reach my New Haven office momentarily. But as I live where I can almost see it, I don't have much of an excuse for not showing up.

And speaking of New Haven, did you ever by chance try out the short shots down the sides of East/West Rocks? I'm tempted to bust out the rock skis and hike one once I see how much snow sticks here.

10" on the deck and still snowing. It has let up a little, but seems to be coming in waves.

Just went outside here in Boston to try to get a good measure. A little hard with the snow drifts and the wind whipping but the flat spot I stuck the ruler into said 12".

The roads look like shit though and there's no one out there. Looks like 3am in Boston, not 9am. Grrr...trying to figure out if the Suby can make it to Wachusett. I'll be interested to find out where westcoastxpatriot ended up.

I'd be at Magic tomorrow in a heartbeat if not for this job interview. Damn responsibility!

Quote Originally Posted by roark View Post
    might have something to do with the way you drive
    haha.. for once I was slow today. I was the 2nd one down my road, almost got stuck going down the steep part.. DEEPNESS!!! that's probably when I sucked it into the intake.. yippee!

Just to the south of Magic down through Southern VT and down into the berskhires there is some incredible doppler returns coming in. Not sure if it's bright banding from warm air affecting the snow shape or just badning from insane frontogenesis ...have to look into that...'cause it would correspond to STOOOPID snowfall rates.

Yep ...all snow...wow...somebody in that strip is going to get effing pounded.

If anyone is skiing/jumping in Boston area give me a holler, I will bring the camera.

En route to mount slow following a plow

Getting pounded here with heavy snow and wind in southern Maine. I think some urban lines will be in play a bit later today.

Wow, we are right smack dab in the middle right now!

Last edited by peterslovo; 01-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Dang it! Nothing up here at all. Just came back from a skin up Jay(needed the workout) and nothing going on.

whips need another 12" or so to become a second thought, mod angle woods skiing nicely, pics from yesterday's tour

white world

sunrise at 2800'

just started snowin here

remember to watch for snowsnakes everyone! This snow is almost blower............ Don't need to add anymore to the gimp list!

Flight out of Atlanta was cancelled. Been here since 5 this morning, been travelling since 4 MST Yesterday afternoon. As of now, it looks like I won't be leaving here for another 36 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski2 View Post
    Dang it! Nothing up here at all. Just came back from a skin up Jay(needed the workout) and nothing going on.
    ahhh...stupid southern storms!

i cannot tell how much we have at the beach because it's blowin pretty good. prolly 8 or so but still coming down hard.

Gonna be a nice snowfall for Northfield VT, MRG and south. Not like western Mass/SVT/Maine are gonna get, but it should make the Valley folk very happy. Wondering about Mansfield and if there will be any back side snows for peaks up north as this monster pull out to the NE.

Getting pounded in Dover NH. Boston office is closed and all my meetings got cancelled. Should have just taken the damn day off.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Gonna be a nice snowfall for Northfield VT, MRG and south. Not like western Mass/SVT/Maine are gonna get, but it should make the Valley folk very happy. Wondering about Mansfield and if there will be any back side snows for peaks up north as this monster pull out to the NE.
    that's good to hear. thinking magic for tomorrow and a drive to the Bush for friday. hope the roads are open tomorrow @ 4am...

edit for page top music

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jamJ4-C_TME"]YouTube - Carl Lewis "Break It Up" Music Video[/nomedia]

don't know how to embed, but this is simply awesome

LH-

How will winds affect the lifts tomorrow? Most sites are saying 20-30mph winds...
    I live on the east coast and I'm proud of it.

Just got permission from my boss for a snow day tomorrow! Count me in for Magic!

About 10"@ Huntah today......fluffy....winds.are non factor @ this point. Nice overall.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Just to the south of Magic down through Southern VT and down into the berskhires there is some incredible doppler returns coming in. Not sure if it's bright banding from warm air affecting the snow shape or just badning from insane frontogenesis ...have to look into that...'cause it would correspond to STOOOPID snowfall rates.

Yep ...all snow...wow...somebody in that strip is going to get effing pounded.
    My Brother lives in Otis. He's at 1400 feet. This morning at 8ish he had over 20 inches and obviously snowing hard. Someone please go ski Thunderbolt tomorrow and get some pics! Can't even imagine how good that will be tomorrow first thing.

It is odd, I am not seeing any wind at the base here either. And of course if we did the Red would run no problem anyway.

how is smuggs looking? heading up this weekend. anyone want to share some beta for side or back country action?
    Edit to add what is great place to eat in Burlington and around smuggs? may hit american flatbread on Friday.
    Last edited by talus; 01-12-2011 at 10:49 AM.

headed to magic most likely tomorrow. First time, I'll be there. I'd be stoked to meet up and have someone show me around. Possibly on a snowboard, PM me if you can meet.