Page 42 of 184 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4599
    KW's the place to go. It snowed all day and there was still untouched pow under chair 10. Its going to be GOOD tomorrow. At the lake it was raining and up higher there was a wet, classic sierra cement.

Today was the greatest day of skiing I have ever had in my life. That is all.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

kirkwood was fun this weekend, but still really thin. Last lap down palisades was scary due to rocks and alot of soft slab releases.

if you go to kirkwood, bring your rock skis and ski 'lightly'.

good crew today, including thefrush, made for a fun day.

BTW, although we rode 10 all day without it breaking down, apparently 6 was down for an extended period of time, not sure what that was about.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
    I was also confused why your buddies skied where the tracks were. We usually look for the untracked.
    I traversed out past the tracks and suddenly I was hitting firm snow just a couple inches under the soft stuff, I'm all right with crossing a track here or there for some deeper snow

This storm sure is a disappointment at least for south lake. My neighbor hit up Waterhouse today and said it was a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Today was the greatest day of skiing I have ever had in my life. That is all.

Are you 6 weeks old? Where was it epic in Tahoe today?

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    Are you 6 weeks old? Where was it epic in Tahoe today?

Kirkwood. Non-stop untracked waist deep face shots lap after lap with the coolest group of people I've ever had the pleasure of skiing with. No lines, no wind, no tracks.
    .))
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    thanks.

anyone hit up kw today? they report 10-12" in the past 24, and the storm tonight looks like it could be another 12" overnight.i know KW will get that a good amount of that forecast, but who knows if it will hit hev.

i am leaning toward kw tomorrow (but well see what the lady and her brother want to do), but tuesday will be kw 100% or i'll bash some heads!
    One of those awesome days where each run had progressively better conditions than the last and (as already stated here) it was *dumping* when I left at 3. Definitely bony on the steeper sections.

This was a great day to start the season. Please PM me if anybody is interested in rides from the Berkeley/Concord area. Alas, I will be leaving for the holidays as the next several days of multi-footers roll in!

I can't wait to get out with some of you KWeed crazies after the new year. After years and years in Colorado, a brand new mountain is gonna be super fun.
    "The beacon says you're a douche."

-My friend Nick during a little transceiver practice

^^ DanKo, do you go through Sacramento on your way to KW? Would be willing to exchange gas/beer for rides.
    .))
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    This storm sure is a disappointment at least for south lake. My neighbor hit up Waterhouse today and said it was a big mistake.
    that's weird, cuz it's gonna be teh epoch tomorrow at dawn.

snowing hard at Kirkwood

http://www.kirkwood.com/main.asp?pID=20

^^ DanKo, do you go through Sacramento on your way to KW? Would be willing to exchange gas/beer for rides.
    Usually, no, unless 88 is closed. Although, I understand the time difference in the drive isn't much, so anything is possible. I don't think I'd have a problem with rides for skiing partners as I am currently a loser with no friends following the relocation

Once people get to know me I may be less likely to have friends...just kidding...I think.

Looking forward to meeting some KW Mags on the hill over the next month.
    "The beacon says you're a douche."

-My friend Nick during a little transceiver practice

Quote Originally Posted by DanKo View Post
    Looking forward to meeting some KW Mags on the hill over the next month.
    i was gonna take you up on that, but then realized I am actually over the hill, rather than on it. thanks for pointing it out though.

Kirkwood. Non-stop untracked waist deep face shots lap after lap with the coolest group of people I've ever had the pleasure of skiing with. No lines, no wind, no tracks.
    Jim, thefrush is lying. That kid doesn't know what he's talking about.

There was nothing going on at Kirkwood today. Nothing to see at all.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

yeah all that cold stuff hitting you in the face and stuff sucks.

Great day today. Great crew. Great times.

Frush -- you stepped through the door today. Welcome mang. Lots more up there to explore. And although today was great...there will be better once all of KW is opened up.
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 12-21-2008 at 11:42 PM.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by DanKo View Post
    Usually, no, unless 88 is closed. Although, I understand the time difference in the drive isn't much, so anything is possible. I don't think I'd have a problem with rides for skiing partners as I am currently a loser with no friends following the relocation
    In the interest if helping out some kirkwood mags, there is a pretty decent route to KW that goes right by Sac State. I have always heard of such things, but I'm such a JONG that julesrules showed it to me for the first time on Saturday.

pm me for more info

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    There was nothing going on at Kirkwood today. And as proof, there are no pics.

you had an error

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    you had an error
    Thanks for the correction pdork

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Kirkwood SUCKED today. I'm never going there again.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Jim, thefrush is lying. That kid doesn't know what he's talking about.

There was nothing going on at Kirkwood today. Nothing to see at all.

sweet! cause that's the kind of conditions i love to ride in. see you all there tomorrow. i'll be on (not wearing) a white banana hammock or a neon yellow fish, with some oakley wisdom hi blue lens. i'll just saying FKNA to random people till i find one of you or management throws me out.
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    sweet! cause that's the kind of conditions i love to ride in. see you all there tomorrow. i'll be on (not wearing) a white banana hammock or a neon yellow fish, with some oakley wisdom hi blue lens. i'll just saying FKNA to random people till i find one of you or management throws me out.
    Go for the fish ... actually go for the board you feel better about ptexing up later. It'll be deep but you'll still hit rocks.

I'll be the skinny kid in the red patagucci shell and big Burton Republik (lion's head on the topsheet)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Carson pass was fun today. Went just up towards Round Top and then dropped down into Woods Lake? and back to the car. Snowing pretty good when I left.

Go for the fish ... actually go for the board you feel better about ptexing up later. It'll be deep but you'll still hit rocks.

I'll be the skinny kid in the red patagucci shell and big Burton Republik (lion's head on the topsheet)
    f*ck. i've had the hammock sitting there giving me a hard-on for the whole summer. i just mounted it (hehehehehe) cause i want to ride it, but i'll throw the fish in the truck to swap out if it looks suspect.
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

Sounds like today was fun. Hope to back in the mountains soon.
    Aliases: B-Dub, B-Dubya, & B. White

props to raccoon for the front page. that IS my weather channel. the page with the different highway cams is awesome to.

everyone have fun tomorrow. it will be great......still dumping at kirkwood. hope you all make it.
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

How did all this snow layer out? Heard a certain someone pulled a little sluff down at kw today in lower cirque. But overall, did the weather leave a trigger point down low that people drifting out toward the outer bowls should be looking for, or is it just the windloads?