Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer View Post
    I wish this was a first hand TR, but I'm so far from Alaska right now I'm in another SEASON!!!!! But the shots are rad so I thought I'd share. Photos and captions are pulled from the website below. Man, do I want to go up there.
    Just had a job offer in Cold Bay, then it fizzled due to housing issues. Might have a job in Dutch Harbor starting this winter.......

Guess who might be an Aleutians local......me.
    Last edited by Trackhead; 07-23-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Enjoy it Trackhead, beautiful place. I was stationed on Adak for a while.

Edit to add: some dude up thread from 2007 talked about wanting to ski Adak. I climbed Mount Moffett several times, it is covered in these nasty WWII anti-personnel metal spikes. Be careful.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Enjoy it Trackhead, beautiful place. I was stationed on Adak for a while.

Edit to add: some dude up thread from 2007 talked about wanting to ski Adak. I climbed Mount Moffett several times, it is covered in these nasty WWII anti-personnel metal spikes. Be careful.
    Yeah, Adak is a ghost town now.

Dang. I haven't been out to Unimak since 02. Or further west for that matter. Thanks for the post!
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Just read this thread as it popped up. Realized how weird it is to miss asshats like BadRoo, people I have never met.

Then, at a closer look realized that you Trackhead is going to have a look on of the most remote and least accessible areas in the world, is beyond awesome.
    At some point of my growing up I was living in a place with nothing else but a library. That particular (small) library in the periphery was mostly filled up with books of war, art, physics,geography, geology and local telenovellas.
    Remember reading a lot about the Aleutian campaign, all the shit that went down...for basically nothing..

In the end I ended up being a person of arts whom second love is mountains and how they are made, and still could draw Teller-Ulam design out of my memory.

Weird.

And now you go see all that extraordinary stuff live. Fucking awesome!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.