Trekker and 914 Problem

Alright, so I've fooled around with these quite a bit and can't get them to fit tightly. I have a ton of slop in the toe. Basically because the trekker toe piece is more narrow then my ski boot. So it slides on the AFD between the two toe wings. I've tried making the trekker longer but in extreme cases it just pushes the heel piece way back and doesn't make it any tighter. Bringing the wings in on the toe piece isn't an option because that would cause release problems.

Advice? Has anyone figured out a way to make the trekker toe piece wider?

wow, I had no idea this was a problem.
    what are people's experience using this and a Z binding, so far?
    does it really have that much less elastic travel than a Driver toe?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I don't thing it would be a problem with bindings that have toe wings that automatically adjust. I think its an issue specific to bindings that you have to adjust toe wings for.

Thats sort of the way trekkers are. With any bindings.

Only bindings I've tried with trekkers that has had less (almost no) slop was p18s.

how bad is an axial-type binding with trekkers? does stepping down pop you out of the binding, if you're only at say, a 7 DIN?" Does it suck to traverse.
    I'm torn between trekkers and alpine, or naxo's for (hopefully) enforcers.
    Now I'm also torn between moonlight and bridger season's pass.
    No longer stuck.

how bad is an axial-type binding with trekkers? does stepping down pop you out of the binding, if you're only at say, a 7 DIN?" Does it suck to traverse.
    Buy the Bridger pass. You'll get bored at Moonlight if you're skiing a 100 day season. Trekkers aren't a perfect solution, but they'll do the job if you adjust them right. If you plan on skiing 100 days (and weigh more than 150) with the majority of them inbounds, you stand a very good chance of smashing Naxos or Fritsches, although they should get warrantied when that happens. If 7 din is enough for you, though, that shouldn't be an issue.

I seriously doubt I will get 100 days in. I'm hoping for 30. with some BC days. 40???????
    Just wanna hear some more specifics about treckers with axial bindings.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Thats sort of the way trekkers are. With any bindings.

Only bindings I've tried with trekkers that has had less (almost no) slop was p18s.
    Yea, I'm put them into a pair of P12s and saw there was hardly any slop. I figured since 914s are fairly popular here people must have some tricks I can try.

okay, that settles it..scratch 120's. ugh white. If it's only a few bucks more on proform, I'll get 140's so I get the metal.
    There's no metal, 12 DIN, unlifted axial sold separately by rossi this year? with metal?!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    you stand a very good chance of smashing Fritsches, although they should get warrantied when that happens.
    Wouldn't be so sure of that. I broke a few fritchis and they never considered warrantying. Fritchi - the disposable binding!

Ok, so Moonlight is kinda small on its own, but the headwaters are sick, and theres a few good mini golf huckerland type places, with lines that are fun for almost any skill level. The drive is the worst part, IMO. Theres also no pretty much no lift lines, even on powder days. Moonlight also gets more snow from the same storms than Big Sky. The one thing a lot of people don't realize is that you can poach most of Big Sky from Moonlight. Challenger, the triple, and the Tram, and I guess the Dakota lift thats being built. Thats pretty much the only stuff I'd ski anyways.

Bridger is not small at all, it could take you a lifetime to explore the ridge fully. However, there a couple things that drive me crazy about Bridger. The first is that there is almost nowhere to open it up and get some speed. Theres a few places where you can open it up for a few turns, but thats about it. You also don't get that much skiing in. Big lift lines and slow lifts, plus hiking to get to the best stuff means that you get 5 runs on a good weekend powder day, tops.

I think you'd get sick of either. Having to do the drive to Moonlight sucks when you only have half a day. Get the card to one, and a pass to the other. Personally, I've got a Bridger mid week pass, and a Moonlight pass this year.

I found out that if you make the trekker a few millimeters bigger then the bsl then it works fine. and don't forget to put a piece of extra touring skin on the part of the trekker that the heel of your boot hits. this will make your trekkers work excelent with the axials

Well now that we have stuckathuntermtns problem resolved, what about me?

No idea how to fix the problem. But you will want a different set up soon enough anyway. I just dealt with the slop.

Now, trekkers with axials. Not a problem, except when you step down, the trekker hits the dildo heel. on my axials, it just caused the binding to slide back like it was releasing, and on a few occasions it actually did. Do it for a season, and then you will want a different set up. But thats fine. Its just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

Yea, I know they aren't supposed to be great, but I know many mags have been able to get them super dialed. I'd get the duke but I'm hesitant due to tight funds and having only one true fatty in the quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by FREESKIER_FIVE-0 View Post
    No idea how to fix the problem. But you will want a different set up soon enough anyway. I just dealt with the slop.

Now, trekkers with axials. Not a problem, except when you step down, the trekker hits the dildo heel. on my axials, it just caused the binding to slide back like it was releasing, and on a few occasions it actually did. Do it for a season, and then you will want a different set up. But thats fine. Its just the way it is.
    Now that I have decided on a Moonlight pass (because I can also get my room mate to get one), It will be easier for me to avoid getting a bc settup till I have more money.
    Good luck, db
    Wait...I thought there wasn't much to the wing adjustment other than snugging it up? If I'm not wrong, you could just bring a leatherman or something with you (which you should anyway).
    No longer stuck.