Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzclortho View Post
    today's question, when using a random number generator, where N=95 and you want 10 random numbers, does the number "01" count as a valid random number or do you skip it and go to the next one. I've checked 2 of my favorite math sites and can't find anything.
    this is a dumb question, you math JONG

A random number generator will generate ANY number within it's range - so yes the #1 may come up. Why wouldn't it?

If you would prefer your answer from a computer software point of view: The number 01 is a valid random number. If you are looking for an integer, most computer languages support INT(nn) which would yield an integer.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    this is a dumb question, you math JONG
    yeah I figured that would work, had a take-home stats midterm I did over the weekend and that was the only part I wasn't sure about. fortunately the textbook doesn't answer that question and neither did my notes from class and also I didn't have access to a computer and it was sunny outside and I was kinda drunk all weekend and went for a New Hampshire drive-around and I bought this SICK new Lib Tech snowboard and the red sox and all.....so I was having problems finding information, but I knew I could count on maggots.

edit: next question. from the Waitsfield, VT area just off route 100, is it quickest to take route 100 to 105 to get to Jay Peak? It looks like there are some backroads that might work well but I've never been farther north on route 100 than Mt. Mansfield. Or maybe get back on 89 North and take that to 105 east?
    Last edited by vinzclortho; 10-22-2007 at 09:48 AM.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

take North Hill Road from Westfield into Jay. Cuts off a bit, beautiful road, no other cars

edit: like this

Last edited by squirrelmurphy; 10-22-2007 at 10:18 AM.