Page 52 of 432 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 10790

The road to the "pack trail".

just got back from bead lake, fun ride, while we dont have a ton of deciduous trees the fall colors are still going off

We found rock.... lots of rock

Jimmer:

Aspens in Aspen:

This is the stand that is in the first picture.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Looks nice, where is the location?

Work then play in Helena today. Nice trails around there. Great bike community and land management.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1412047684329.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	158687  
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Throwing this emotional action shot in the thread since I haven't added here in awhile. MTB BC, yo!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

One of the greatest joys in our life right now is sharing our passion for biking with Sam. He's 4.5 yrs old and shredding like he's 10. We all rode up (DTM towed Sam) one of our favorite trails right here in SLC. THE best!
    you sketchy character, you

colors hapnin in Best Virginia, me needs bettr phoneocam

watch out for snakes

no views of Rainier today..

'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Great thread. Here's to 10/8, the trails are great!

Last edited by tone capone; 10-09-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Rad shit. Between this, the mt/id TR thread, and the vancouver stuff, I really need to get out of town more, as good as some of the stuff is around here. Actually I was just in vancouver and did zero mtb riding. Fuck, I've only ridden my mountain bike once in like the last two months. Anyhow, here is a picture:

new cx bike with road wheels at one of the viewpoints on cypress. That's a pretty good climb- I did almost 5k vertical feet that day. Plus I went to a brewery after that.
    Last edited by jamal; 10-09-2014 at 12:21 AM.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Testing the app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1412835904.218879.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	158876

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

Drool!

Scrub oak is starting to take off in the CO foothills.

[QUOTE=tone capone;4325047]Great thread. Here's to 10/8, the trails are great!

Dude are we gonna get a full TR or what?? Shots are sick, and the plethora of high-alpine riding mags are finding out west is killing me... haven't ridden any yet!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Yeah, that is one of the rare places where you can get up high and actually do a sweet loop all on dirt around here. Starts off with a lil hikeabike to within about 100' shy of a summit as you can see in that ^ pic but the trail is almost 100% rideable once you get pointed down.

The narrow, exposed and sometimes quite technical sidehill traverse/downhill is one of the more interesting and well routed sections of trail in the area, although it did recently recieve an unhealthy rogering by some fatass throttle tards which did about 100 yrs worth of erosion damage in one session near the top...Special.

Otherwise, amazing views and pulse raising exposure but mostly you just better pay attention to the front tire every second! The ride then transitions to a section of new, machine built bench cut trail that countours nicely back around the east side of the range through beautiful old growth forest with great slalom turns thru dark brown tacky dirt. The ride is over 4 k and around 16 miles, and there is a tough but entirely makeable climb up a quad trail to finish the ride as a loop. Nothing too inconvienient with the lure of a few cold ones waiting back at the car and the satisfaction of having summitted and circumnavigated some fine mountains on a perfect October afternoon. Cheers and good riding all, keep it rollin thru the fall!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

^^^ That's a sick ride, Tone.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Jeebus! Some legit shit being posted here!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Yeah, that is one of the rare places where you can get up high and actually do a sweet loop all on dirt around here. Starts off with a lil hikeabike to within about 100' shy of a summit as you can see in that ^ pic but the trail is almost 100% rideable once you get pointed down.

The narrow, exposed and sometimes quite technical sidehill traverse/downhill is one of the more interesting and well routed sections of trail in the area, although it did recently recieve an unhealthy rogering by some fatass throttle tards which did about 100 yrs worth of erosion damage in one session near the top...Special.

Otherwise, amazing views and pulse raising exposure but mostly you just better pay attention to the front tire every second! The ride then transitions to a section of new, machine built bench cut trail that countours nicely back around the east side of the range through beautiful old growth forest with great slalom turns thru dark brown tacky dirt. The ride is over 4 k and around 16 miles, and there is a tough but entirely makeable climb up a quad trail to finish the ride as a loop. Nothing too inconvienient with the lure of a few cold ones waiting back at the car and the satisfaction of having summitted and circumnavigated some fine mountains on a perfect October afternoon. Cheers and good riding all, keep it rollin thru the fall!
    Looks like Mile to Targhee Pass to me. That is one of the best-ever high alpine rides. Will throw a few of those pics from Sept up here to complement yours.

Not from Mile to Targhee Pass, but an out-and-back to Sheep Lake, west side of the Lionhead, or Henry's Lake Range:

I've been meaning to post up a picture and finally have a good one. This was from a dirt road climb one foggy morning last week.

Some fun spines in a lesser known Utah 'freeriding' zone.