Page 57 of 432 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 10796

Thread: Go forth and ride, then bring back pics

Normal all the time, no, normal to happen a few days here and there in the winter, yeah. We had an unusually warm weekend and took full advantage, we were in short sleeves not long after those pictures were taken! It was 36 when we started riding at 10 am but hit 60 by noon.... the ride started climbing right from the car so it was easy to start in shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Bike pron

How's the new ibis super bike?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    And compare to the Ripley. Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    And compare to the Ripley. Decisions, decisions.
    You should ask jeffreyjim how he liked he ripley as a DH rig. Maniacs...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    The Ripley is mine, the HD3 is my buddy's. I've had the Rip since Aug and I love it. Had an HD before it, and I'm riding faster in every direction. The bike feels playful and well composed for about 90% of the riding I do.

I got to throw a leg over the HD3 for one climbing section and one of my favorite downhills. The climbing was maybe a tad slower, but could've been psychological at that point in the ride. The DH was amazing. The bike was glued to everything I hit, and the harder I pushed, the better the experience. The new fox fork is dialed, but I had to make it work for me by throwing it down. The Pike in comparison, just feels downright plush on everything. Downhilling on the HD3 was all giggles. I work a touch harder on the Ripley, but for trail riding it's a super balanced bike, and overall an experience I'm really enjoying.

I'm planning to throw some Derbys on my Ripley in the next month or so. Should add to the DH experience. Excited to see.

With that said, would gladly take an HD3 in the quiver any day.

Go forth and ride, then bring back pics

Do you have a Pike on the Ripley? I demo'd one w a fox 120 last summer and the bike rocked. Just saving some cash right now, but the hd3 is tempting. I'm more of a ripley type though I think even though I should take all the downhill help I can get.

Dallied enough in the parking lot enjoying the post ride beverages for this to happen.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Shouldn't be able to do this right now

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Do you have a Pike on the Ripley? I demo'd one w a fox 120 last summer and the bike rocked. Just saving some cash right now, but the hd3 is tempting. I'm more of a ripley type though I think even though I should take all the downhill help I can get.
    Pike is the only way to go. Running it at 140. No complaints.

Nice day today, headin to Bachelor fo the last turns of the season tomorrow. got about 10 miles of singletrack in on the big bike. i need more fitness and less beer

I know we need the water and whatnot but I've really been enjoying this weather. The dog is psyched about the early season miles too.

I can't believe that Draper has been tits for the past month.

Watch out for the cameras up there. I've heard that the Water Pro dudes are trying to catch dogs in the prohibited areas.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I know we need the water and whatnot but I've really been enjoying this weather. The dog is psyched about the early season miles too.

With the continued lack of winter in the lower mainland we planned a day out to Roberts Creek on the Sunshine Coast for a day of shuttle assisted pedalling. Forecast was 12C and sunny so we were pretty stoked despite the 7:20am ferry departure time.

Nice sunrise from the ferry:

The quality of the trails in Roberts Creek is really impressive. There was a bit of everything from DH (Mach Chicken) to jump lines, drops, stunts, skinnies and loamers.

Decent size drop (I think this is on DNZ):

Fun jump line lower down (can't remember the run) but there are 4 or 5 gaps in a row that are perfectly built:

Small section of a reaaaaaaaally long skinny, longest I've ever seen. This thing had 3 teeters in a row, roll-downs, a swivel teeter and more. I think this is on Cunning Stunts:

Heading home:

None of the pics I took of Built to Spill/BTS-1 turned out but wow, super fun loamers with little chutes, root drops and nice benches to dump speed on, all kinds of fun. All in a all a great day and I cannot believe it's late February. We brought a BBQ for a tailgate lunch 'n beers break. This may be my new favourite place to ride bikes. Doesn't hurt that the access road is in mint shape.

janky jumps but plentiful berms in Sunsanville, CA

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    janky jumps but plentiful berms in Sunsanville, CA

I had a project at the prisons in Susanville last summer and was stoked that I brought my mountain bike along. Strava global heat map made my day when it led me to those quality super D trails.

Kiddo sent Rush from the top yesterday. He was railing deep braking bumps with 16" wheels and no suspension like they were barely there.

weeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by kidwoo; 04-12-2015 at 09:38 AM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

That's more like it
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    I had a project at the prisons in Susanville last summer and was stoked that I brought my mountain bike along. Strava global heat map made my day when it led me to those quality super D trails.
    Very cool. I've got an office in Susanville that I have to visit occasionally: I'll have to checkout the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post

Dallied enough in the parking lot enjoying the post ride beverages for this to happen.
    sugar frosted
    watch out for snakes

New wider bars are sweet (whisky 740mm low rise), and the local trails are riding good

I'm getting my friend into riding, he's had to do some walking and got a little out of control a few times but is sticking with it:

Also I raced the downtown crit today. Look I'm winning!

(I didn't win)

Screen grab from a short ride today warming up for Downieville this weekend. Stoked for biking season!

Chimney Gulch was nice and tacky today Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430773455.644861.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	923.2 KB 
ID:	166844