jong skin question.

i have a pair of 190 gotamas and a pair of 178 scratch bcs that i wanna use skins and trekkers with this winter. however i'm a broke bastard and probably can't afford to buy two pairs. i figure that cutting them to a 98mm waist will still let them work with the gotamas for width, but is the length too much or is there a way to adjust it enough to fit both pairs of skis? am i an idiot that should just buy two sets of skins? or just stick to one pair of skis for touring?
    "Freeride is just an attitude, to go out in the mountains with no rules and do whatever feels sweet to you at the time." -Chris Davenport

Cut the skins for the 190s at 98mm waist width. You can re-fold the skins over the tip clip for the Scratches using more overlap. Also, you may not need the tailclip, and just let the skins run flat, making them a bit shorter than the end of the Gotamas - with good adhesive the tailclip is mostly superfluous unless you're doing tons of laps and/or it's super cold. If you absolutely must have a tail connector, use a "rat tail" setup like Lou Dawson describes - you can fold the tail of the skins over the tail of the Rossis if necessary.

You could just fold the end of the skins back on themselves and put a little elastic loop to attach. That way you could fold them back on their own adhesive more/less according to how long the ski you want to use them on is. I find it hard to believe you can buy two sets of touring bindings, presumably, and not have enough money left for skins..... There are some cheap Ascensions on eBay for 40 bucks or so, or climbingskinsdirect.com. Marshal is also arranging a skin group buy soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dre66 View Post
    that i wanna use skins and trekkers with this winter.
    Hard to see Eds, I found I actually had to read the post to see why he doesn't actually need 2 sets of touring bindings

It's ok, because you took twice as long as me bitch

YEAAAA SPEEDREADING

Yeah, but you f*cked up

Usually speed makes you concentrate more, but yeah, I can see how it fucks with your comprehension. Maybe try ephidrine instead?

I've heard meth works for truckdrivers

edit: what makes you double post then :P

I'm trying to get my post count up so that when people look at my advice they'll take me seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post
    I'm trying to get my post count up so that when people look at my advice they'll take me seriously.
    Not gonna happen

It's going to take more than post count.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Weibo's sarcasm-o-meter is at 0 right now.

Dre, Ive got some skins cut to 189 Seths that I dont need anymore since I sold the Seths and the guy didnt want the skins. Im sure they will fit your Goats and you can probably adjust them to fit the Scratchs with the tail clip as the piece was set at or near the end of the strap when I fitted the Seths. That or you could use this for one ski and buy a second pair.

Anyway, theyre up for grabs if you want them. No charge.

Theyre BD Accensions with the STS clip and includes the handy carrying bag.. Oooohh lala.
    Last edited by professor chaos; 09-28-2007 at 12:51 AM.

thanks for the advice guys. pm sent to El Duderino regarding skins. cheers.
    "Freeride is just an attitude, to go out in the mountains with no rules and do whatever feels sweet to you at the time." -Chris Davenport