Skijobs in France - some questions

I would have some questions about "skijobs", so working in a French skiresort:

- what about the language skills, is a must to speak French or it's enough to speak in English/German to get a job as a skiinstructor, bartender, hotelstuff etc?
    - usually how many get you per month as a skiinstructor, bartender, hotelstuff (I mean the net payment)
    - do you get a free room during the winterseason (in some Austrian skiresort you will get a free stuff room)
    - do you get a free season skipass if you don't work as a skiisntructor, so example as a hotel/restaurant stuff or maybe some discount?
    - as a skiinstructor do you need a French Skiinstructor Certification or also the Austrian/German etc certifications are suitable
    - will the work permit organized by your employer or it's your own exercise?

What about to do a season in the Pyrenäen mountains, it's harder to find a job there, than in the Alps?

Thank in advance
    I hope , that somebody can help me and answer my questions

cheers

Are you an EU national? That will have some bearing.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Are you an EU national?

yeah, but there are some differencies between the EU countries, example in Greece you can work without work permit (as I know), you must have only a work number (some kind of registration) or what it's called

Quote Originally Posted by Stani View Post
    I would have some questions about "skijobs", so working in a French skiresort:

- what about the language skills, is a must to speak French or it's enough to speak in English/German to get a job as a skiinstructor, bartender, hotelstuff etc?
    Not in mega resorts, there are enough brits to spare you the hassle of dealing with the locals. But, on a personal note, I think it's bad form.

- usually how many get you per month as a skiinstructor, bartender, hotelstuff (I mean the net payment)
    Minimal wage is 1000 E / month. Start from here for a full time job.... Ask on Natives

- do you get a free room during the winterseason (in some Austrian skiresort you will get a free stuff room)
    Depends. Lodging is a major problem

- do you get a free season skipass if you don't work as a skiisntructor, so example as a hotel/restaurant stuff or maybe some discount?
    Huge discount, yes (half price, at least). Free pass, usualy not.

- as a skiinstructor do you need a French Skiinstructor Certification or also the Austrian/German etc certifications are suitable
    You'll ultimatly need a french certification, but other Euro grades are acceptable for (I think) 3 seasons of instruction as a trainee. Check the natives and the ISIA.

- will the work permit organized by your employer or it's your own exercise?
    Edit : You're from the EU : No work permit.

What about to do a season in the Pyrenäen mountains, it's harder to find a job there, than in the Alps?
    Less resorts. Less english speaking people. No snow... You'll need french or spanish skills. And luck

Thank in advance
    I hope , that somebody can help me and answer my questions

cheers
    NATIVES.
    Last edited by philippeR; 09-25-2007 at 07:24 AM.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by Stani View Post

As far as i know you can teach for 3 years as a trainee provided you have your landes 2 degree. After you have passed the eurotest you are eligible to teach in France.

As PhillipeR said. Go to www.natives.co.uk almost any job about working in a french ski resort can be answered there. Some answers are hidden deep withing the site. You also have to ignore all the stuff about Brits following the national pastime (getting drunk) and look for the ski/work info.
    Knowledge is Powder