Vancouver advice: Cypress versus Seymour?? (as a supplement to WB)

I haven't skied either of these places and I'll be at Whistler on the weekends, but I just noticed that the early-bird season's pass to Seymour is around $280!

I was thinking it might be a good place to go after supper to do drills, work on technical stuff, and maybe even just ski.

Cypress' pass is much more expensive, and I've seen some pretty sweet pics on the board from there, but as my drop-in place it seems kind of expensive, given that I won't be spending any full days there (unless the Sea-to-Sky is blocked and I can't get to WB).

So, I'm wondering what the mags have to say about the two places...

Thanks!

Seymour has a good small hill vibe, great park, and lots of small mini-golf features. Cypress gets more of the touristy crowd, and still has some back country access, but all I ever hear about is people getting lost overnight.. Cypress tends to be busier, if I can remember correctly, but the night skiing isnt too bad. I dunno.. your choice, which is closer?

If its between Cypress and Seymore go Cypress little more expensive but worth it.

Why not Grouse?

I used to work at Cypress many moons ago, so being quite biased, I would definitely take Cypress over Seymour
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Cypress has better terrain but Seymour is definitely cheaper. Grouse has limited terrain but you'll save a bunch of money on gas on the drive up. However, the Grouse tram is a bottleneck.

I'd vote for Cypress as well, if the snow is good there's some decently steep terrain there, even in-bounds. However, the snow often sucks at all North Shore mountains.

Definitely go with Cypress. This year they've upgraded their terrain by about 40% adding a few more technical runs and a new lift. They've also created a ski/snowboard cross, better park, and huge half-pipe. I'm a weekend WB warrior also, but during the week it's always Cypress.
    Bomber...

Cypress for sure.

I usually get up there three or four mornings a week and really looking forward to this year. Not only for the new lift, but they're also upgrading the Sunrise Quad to highspeed which is going to be a massive improvement.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're goin' and hook up with 'em later.

deffinatly cypress, its bigger way more vert has faster chairs better night skiing the only thing is that seymour has a little better park but cypress is getting a half pipe(not sure if itll be open this year). I have a similar situation and will be getting a cypress night pass for after skool on weekdays as a supliment to w/b.

Cypress is more fun. I've even had some good powder nights there. If you buy their full pass you get 10 free days at Crystal, Big Sky and Brighton in the west. That Big Sky benefit might be useful if you're going to the Montana summit.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

I would say Cypress, Seymour gets boring pretty fast (unless you decide to stray off the lifts).

Cypress also has faster lifts. Maybe you should look at an evening pass, they are cheaper. They also have 1-nighter passes which aren't a bad deal.

nothing like dawn patrols at Cypress before heading to work...especially after 40cm of blower overnight...wait, did I say Cypress and blower?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-czech View Post
    nothing like dawn patrols at Cypress before heading to work...especially after 40cm of cement overnight...wait, did I say Cypress and blower?
    Fixed it for you.

Cypress for sure- those 40 cm. mornings are rare but special when they do happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-czech View Post
    nothing like dawn patrols at Cypress before heading to work...especially after 40cm of blower overnight...wait, did I say Cypress and blower?
    dude, if you're referring to the dawn patrol I'm thinking of, that was the heaviest 'blower' I've ever skied short of when it's raining...

Was still better than work though
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Poz View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    I don't know who you are... but you have the coolest avatar on this site, hands down.

I've had a midweek pass at Cypress for the last couple years. There is enough terrain there to keep you interested on a pow day and you pretty much have the place to yourself except on weekends/holidays. It is definately the best of the 3 local mountains IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    dude, if you're referring to the dawn patrol I'm thinking of, that was the heaviest 'blower' I've ever skied short of when it's raining...

Was still better than work though
    true dude but who cared, it was 40cm and all ours i could do that everyday before heading to work...fuck i miss Vancouver!

Hey theres no doubt that if the temps are low enuff during a storm cypress gets pounded they had a base well exeding 100inches last season

edit: ive never actually skied a powder day cuz its snowing i either keep heading north for whistler or turn go south to baker