Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    what mount do you guys use? the universal mount sucks ass, every time I huck off something, or even just make a big turn the bullet cam slides out of the thing. I was thinking of going to home depot and doing a homemade job but all I could think of involved drilling holes and having to leave the mount on all the time even when I dont want it.

Whats the best, most secure, least intrusive mount?

Poke a hole in the universal mount at the bottom and zip tie the camera in. otherwise i use the rail mount thing, but i also zip tie it to that. I also thought about getting something like this to carry the recording unit in front instead of in a pack in the back.
    Last edited by 7cs; 12-15-2007 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    what mount do you guys use? the universal mount sucks ass, every time I huck off something, or even just make a big turn the bullet cam slides out of the thing. I was thinking of going to home depot and doing a homemade job but all I could think of involved drilling holes and having to leave the mount on all the time even when I dont want it.

Whats the best, most secure, least intrusive mount?
    we use the universal mount either velcroed to the helmet, or in the goggle mount. i just use gaff tape to hold it in the mount. the athletes will adjust the camera until its level, and then put gaff over the top to keep it from moving in the mount. in my experience, if the fall is bad enough to make it rip from the velcroed/gaffed universal mount, then the camera wouldnt survive if it was in a more perminent mount. but i have noticed that the goggle strap reduces vibration compared to the helmet mount. not really an issue in powder, but when you're on more variable terrain, the goggle mount will cover up some shake. i personally can't use the goggle mount because my strap runs at too low an angle.

btw, tate shot some pretty sick helmetcam in Casper Bowl yesterday. look for him to post soon. initially it will be a YouTube vid as thats the only way to embed in the forum, but eventually we'll make it a Clip of the Week, which is encoded at H.264 and looks much better.

e
    "There's no excuses. No one has ever paid admission to see an excuse. No one has ever faced a black screen that says, 'Well, if we had these set of circumstances we would have shot this scene, so please forgive us and use your imagination.' I've been to the movies hundreds of times, that's never occurred." - Mark Borchardt, American Movie

thanks guys! Ill give those ideas a try and post some (hopefully good) results...

In car Video footage mount required

I am running the POV1 as an in car video setup with it mounted on the dashboard area facing the roadway. The problem is the reflection from the dashboard is showing up in the footage.

Is there anyone out there running some sort of swivel mount or a different type of mount from the top portion of the windscreen facing the roadway so as not to get any reflection in the footage from the dashboard?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

There are a lot of car mounts for sale at lots of different manufacturers. Best to google it and see what pops up. It depends on too many things, like is there a roll cage in the car? that's a good spot to mount, if not there are mounts for seat headrest posts and many more. But no matter what you end up buying, don't be surprised to find yourself manufacturing something completely different from their parts to make it work.
    Last edited by 7cs; 12-21-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slattery View Post
    I am running the POV1 as an in car video setup with it mounted on the dashboard area facing the roadway. The problem is the reflection from the dashboard is showing up in the footage.

Is there anyone out there running some sort of swivel mount or a different type of mount from the top portion of the windscreen facing the roadway so as not to get any reflection in the footage from the dashboard?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
    you could try putting a polarizer in front of the POV-1. you wont find one this small obviously, but you could get a bigger one and rig something up. you could also get a suction cup mount and mount it directly to the hood of the car. not sure of the kind of shot you're trying to get though.
    "There's no excuses. No one has ever paid admission to see an excuse. No one has ever faced a black screen that says, 'Well, if we had these set of circumstances we would have shot this scene, so please forgive us and use your imagination.' I've been to the movies hundreds of times, that's never occurred." - Mark Borchardt, American Movie

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    so bottom line=DVD/TV worthy footage not just web? Nice... If its good enough for TGR, its good enough for me. Thanks for making me spend another $800 you fuckers
    it's just over $1000 for me here in Oz, I'm only going to eating what I can kill in norway now.
    "So what's a homeless instructor do? Teach people how to build houses outta cardboard boxes and build good trash fires?" - Phuckhuck

Finally took mine out for some testing. Everything is great, but it really needs a wide angle lens. Too tight. You need to see the skis and the sky for grounding for the viewer. This lens is too tight. Quality is top notch though. And I filmed in nothing but low light. Userability is as easy as it gets.

Please VIO hook everyone up with a wide angle lens, who bought the original cam.

V.I.O. lovered a price for POV1 to 699.95 $. Dealers selling it for $679.95. Very interesting it goes. Dealer from whoom I bought my POV1 sad, that V.I.O. thinks to start sell POV2 . Can't wait more - what it will be? Need more space on memory card and batteries are going fast to discharge 4h is not enough
    More possibilities to mount camera on helmet, enduro and etc.

helmet camera mount options

I found nice page where is the a lot of possibilities to mount. Unfornatunely for lot of you it's in germany. But google will help translate and find all this thing elsewhere: link: http://www.helmkamera-systeme.de/?ka...ng=halterungen

bump.

Helmet cam central looks like its advertising a wideangle lens package (for preorder) and I want to know more about it.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

advres Guest
    The wide angle is mucho better than the original

any ideas when POV2 will be available? new features?

Well Ive got a wide angle POV1 headed my way. Should be here the 14th. Ill try and post up some vid with it.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Alrighty my computer isnt recognizing the D-drive that I need to instal the software thgat comes with the POV1. I do have some footage from a roller coster at Hershey park that Ill post up when I get my comp to work.
    More stoke, less shit.

advres Guest
    If you are using a Mac, you don't need the software. Mount the unit like a HD and pull the video off of it and import into your editing software, or just watch it via quicktime.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    If you are using a Mac, you don't need the software. Mount the unit like a HD and pull the video off of it and import into your editing software, or just watch it via quicktime.
    Nope. I'm on windows
    More stoke, less shit.

Can't you just pull the memory card out and pull it straight off that?

No the it says the software it came with has to be installed first.
    More stoke, less shit.

Well my computer is still fucked but I did find this on the VIO website. It's a side by side comparision of the old lens (72?) and the wide angle (110)

http://www.vio-pov.com/vio_movie_gal...s&video_uid=18
    More stoke, less shit.

Ordered

Right, I got it and I'm impressed so far. The wide angle lens is great, got everything I wanted to when on my bike. Really nice unit, fast startup time, easy to use and the quality is great. One thing to mention is the mounting options for a helmet are a bit lacking. It comes with a couple of rail mounts but they make the cam stick out a lot from a helmet, and weigh a bit too. I shall be looking for 3rd party mounting options, until then it's on with tape...

Here is a sample, the quality is reduced for vimeo but you can see the field of view. This was from day 17 of downhill biking...ever

Last edited by Core Shot; 10-04-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    . . .

http://tetongravity.com/proshop/POV1...e_VIO0002.html

Here is some reviews on V.I.O. P.O.V. 1 from Sage, Seth, and Roner. I think they had the most successful year of getting footage this year, largely due to the improvements in the work flow with the camera.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored