Thread: saddle?

saddle?

What saddle do you use? I have an Avocet 02 Air on my Superlight and I like it, it just seems a bit firm. Its comfy while riding, but my soft bits are a little sore for a day or two afterwards. I though maybe riding a lot more would help, by toughening me up a bit, but it doesn't seem to help. So what are you sitting on?

Ted

I like the O2. Right now, I have the SLR from Flite, I think. Not as cushy, but surprisingly comfortable for a minimalist saddle.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Thumbs up

Got padded biking shorts? (The baggy ones, not the skin-tight lycra.)

If not, get some.
    vapor lock - bitch.

Good call. I forgot about the shorts. Why not lycra?? J/K

Terry Liberator. Comfy, not too heavy, and easy on the man-parts. No padded shorts necessary.

WTB Speed V and WTB Laser V. Enough cushion but not too big (so it's not in the way when you're getting behind the saddle on a downhill.)
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Terry ti fly on my Truth
    WTB Laser V on my AC Air
    Sella Italia SLK on my Zurich
    Titec Berserker on my Big Hit

I like each of them for different reasons.

Best advice is to go to a Local Bike shop and ask if they have a return policy for saddles that turn out to be uncomfortable. Many will let you return the saddle after a few rides on it (if you still have the sales receipt).

A good bike short makes all the difference too. I tend to like Zoic, but I've heard Nema makes a great short too. I've also been eying a pair of Pearl Izumi Voltana shorts, but they are $$$.

Lycra is for gurlie men and road riding.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

HIJACK:

http://www.corerat.com

Seems like these pants have received great reviews.
    My Montana has an East Infection

Originally posted by altagirl
    WTB Speed V and WTB Laser V. Enough cushion but not too big (so it's not in the way when you're getting behind the saddle on a downhill.)
    what she said...WTB tires and saddles rule! Laser V for me, on both the Yeti HT single speed and Blur....

Originally posted by snow_slider
    Terry ti fly on my Truth
    WTB Laser V on my AC Air
    Sella Italia SLK on my Zurich
    Titec Berserker on my Big Hit

I like each of them for different reasons.

Best advice is to go to a Local Bike shop and ask if they have a return policy for saddles that turn out to be uncomfortable. Many will let you return the saddle after a few rides on it (if you still have the sales receipt).

A good bike short makes all the difference too. I tend to like Zoic, but I've heard Nema makes a great short too. I've also been eying a pair of Pearl Izumi Voltana shorts, but they are $$$.

Lycra is for gurlie men and road riding.
    Zoic's rock - made here in SF, bomber, last forever...also have 2 Nema's that I really like as well, but they are baggier than ever this yr it appears, saw the new ones at my local BS last week...I did baggies for mtb'ing, but ya don't want them +too+ baggy is you actually climb and do long rides.....maybe OK for those DH only people....don't know...

I like baggies cause they don't make me look stupid(hey i'm a big guy and i look silly in lycra) but i have had the shorts catch my seat quick releae and send my seat flying down...that is always fun. As far as seats go, I use a titec Berserkr for most trail and urban use, and a Azonic Love seat for jump and drop stuff.

Selle San Marco Era.

Edit: I wear lycras so all the ladies can check out my package. If ya got it, flaunt it. (this must be why phUnk wears baggies)
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)