Re-painting a Surfboard

A friend of my has a surf/s8k/snowboard shop and he has boards shaped for people. His shaper is Shane Smith and someone had Shane shape a 8' board and the customer wanted a custom air brush job done on it. They wanted the cover of the Finding Nemo DVD.

What they got was just a air brushed image of Nemo so they did not want the board. Now the board has been sitting at the shop for about a year and I have been offered a good deal on it. But I'm no that into Nemo. Could I just paint over it or add fangs or something to Nemo? Can I sand it off? If I sand it off what kind of coating do I re-apply?
    Last edited by Tuckerman; 08-08-2007 at 01:10 PM.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I could be talking out of my ass here but I would think the artwork is under the glass which means sanding it off is probably not the best way to go.

A sharpie or some big stickers would be one option.

As far as paint, you could try some thinned out epoxy with a pigment added, or white boat hull paint.

I shape boards, I'd have to look at it, but I'd guess teh artwork is between the hot coat and the gloss coat. which you could sand off, but that'd take FOREVER. I'd just sand the gloss coat down a little to roughen it up, air brush something on and then acrylic clear coat it.

Thumbs up

Buy spray paint. Give a local grom a 6-pack. Problem solved.

Edit: Any tool who custom orders a Nemo airbrush might as well wear a "Drop In on Me" rashee
    Last edited by Superstar Punani; 08-08-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Buy spray paint. Give a local grom a 6-pack. Problem solved.

Edit: Any tool who custom orders a Nemo airbrush might as well wear a "Drop In on Me" rashee
    That's sounds like the easiest way.

But, fuck it. Nemo rips, just stck it. All that fresh paint will just slow you down. Ride your fish with pride.

I am looking for an artist that paints images of girls with long necks and large doe-eyes. I think her name is Lorrie or starts with an L. She is an up and coming artist who has appeared in a couple page spread in an art magazine. She has a website online where you can buy her prints. One of her portraits is of a young woman with pink hair holding a lamb. Another kind of looks likes very good looking, and I believe she is holding a doll. The eyes on all these images really stand out and are very detailed. If anyone has any clue of who this artist could be please let me know.

There are lots of beautiful things that you can do with a surfboard. You can spray paint it with cosmic art or with a jungle or wave scene. It can be really beautiful. You will need to seal it with some kind of water proof sealant to make sure that it doesn't get damaged by the salt water and the sun. Check out spraypaintartsecrets(dot)com for a free lesson on how to do this. Then, let it dry, and take it back inside and put it back on your computer.

Great idea. Great bump. But I'm thinking the OP has resolved this problem in te last seven or eight years. If not, the polyester is shot any way.