Altabird touring

I've been in salt lake now for a few years but this will be the first season that I will have a touring setup, so here's my question. Are there any good touring off of snowbird or alta? I've been at snowbird for two years but because of my lack of touring setup + being a newb to the whole touring scene (only been touring once, which was last year) I never paid attention to what was available off the resorts. I'm gonna be rockin the dukes on the XXL's most likely so it wont be the lightest setup in the world but would be great if there are some nice short treks available off one of these resorts. This will also help determine where I'm getting my season pass this year.

I'd consider getting a pass somewhere more fitting in little or big CC but the deal with freeskier society is hard to pass up if you're a student

what's the deal with the freeskier society discount?

snowbird boundaries are closed, and open occasionally out of white pine.

alta has an open boundary policy.......better go there

Thanks for the info, I've noticed that they rarely open up tigertail and that area over on that side of the mountain, which sucks =(

Usually with the freeskier society they knock off $100 on the student pass. I think last year it was around $450 for a chair pass, $550 for a tram.

Wolverine Cirque, Tuscarora and Sunset/Pioneer are all just a ridgeline away from Alta and acessable off the Supreme lift. As long as Catherine's area is open (which it always is) there is very little effort involved in accessing any of these areas. You can also get to Wolverine from Brighton. Wolverine is probably the easiest accessed BC complex of steep chutes in the Wasatch. It's also featured in a whole bunch of TRs here. Trackhead's in particular are stokariffic.