Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I vote for:

Dynastar Bigs (Flames or Arnos) - The 188 is a perfect all-rounder for East coast. Also a warm spot for being the first wider ski I've ridden.

Patagucci Drop-seat pants - 8 years and still going strong.

Originally posted by Mulletizer
    Was it you that got a pair for about £50 about 2 weeks ago? If so you outbid me. Focker.

omfg! HA, that's damn funny. i thought, "who the hell even cares about these things other than me?" oh well, they're in great shape, some intermediate woman w/ a size 3 boot (she must've been pretty damn aggro) skied them like twice.

Originally posted by ulty_guy

omfg! HA, that's damn funny. i thought, "who the hell even cares about these things other than me?" oh well, they're in great shape, some intermediate woman w/ a size 3 boot (she must've been pretty damn aggro) skied them like twice.
    I considered posting here and asking that no one else touch them as a maggot courtesy. Even asked Roo to do that. Damn. Hope they are fun.

yeah, i guess that's just going to happen sometimes. i've got a pair of LBF's mounted w/ naxos and just thought that these would be a great compliment if the snow conditions weren't going to be killer.

anyways, i'm leaving for zinal in about an hour (pretty pumped about that) and i'm bringing them, so i'll post something in that snowranger thread later.

check your PM, i'll send you my ebay i.d. so that we know if we're crossing each other up.

Stockli Asteroids
    Yeah, the Volkl Snow Rangers and Explosivs are great skis, but for my changed nickel, these babies rool. Burly, fat, stiff, they do it great on the pack and are smack dizzy in the deep.

Raichle Flexons
    Natty got it first, but at least this mention is in bold. Best boot ever: light and just the right amount of flex for skinning, skiing and lounging. Not to omit the liner, the Thermoflex Liner is as a standalone a marque all by it's stinkly self. Super warm and super light, cooped by boot hackers worldwide and wedged into clogs for which it was never intended.

Cloudveil Serendipity Softshell Jacket
    A great piece of gear that straddles well all but the nastiest soakers or baling windstorms. For breatheability, it blows goretex away and it's nowhere near what that dead bird company charges for stuff.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Already mentioned:
    Flint SC
    A Frames
    Scott WC Poles -- Got 1 pair for $15, the second as backups for $20.

TNF Fleece (Unsure of model name).
    It's 100% windproof, has elastic thumb-cuff gauntlets that go in the glove, cavernous pockets, a hood, and it's still soft. 5 years and sooo much abuse -- numerous joint burns and beer spills from parties at State, plenty of crashes, and it's still holding together.

I call it "the Fortress."

Old School Knit Swix Beanies
    Those who own one, know. Enough said. Now I gotta find mine.

Yo CaddyDaddy, check your PM.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Talking

Originally posted by schuss
    Duct Tape - It fixes everything. EVERYTHING.
    Wrong. It fixes everything that needs to be reattached, patched, assembled or fabricated. WD-40 fixes everything else.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Originally posted by DJSapp
    Wrong. It fixes everything that needs to be reattached, patched, assembled or fabricated. WD-40 fixes everything else.
    The only thing WD40 is good for is drying out distributor caps. Otherwise it sucks. For those that don't know already, WD40 evaporates. So you should almost never use it as a lubricant.

Zepreserve kicks its ass all over the place. It's better for removing frozen bolts or cleaning parts, and it doesn't evaporate.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

And the lubricant war is on....

Lets hope it doesn't get dirty.

Originally posted by Arty50
    The only thing WD40 is good for is drying out distributor caps. Otherwise it sucks. For those that don't know already, WD40 evaporates. So you should almost never use it as a lubricant.

Zepreserve kicks its ass all over the place. It's better for removing frozen bolts or cleaning parts, and it doesn't evaporate.
    But wd-40 isn't marketed as a lubricant so that shouldn't matter.....

I'll second ZEP, good stuff.
    My Montana has an East Infection

WD40 is great for unfreezing and cleaning off greasy, gritty, rusty shit -- like, for instance, a bicycle chain -- preparatory to lubing it.

Then, once the WD dries out, you can put on the Tri-Flow. Putting Tri-Flow on a dirty chain just means you get chain fling all over.

It does have some mild and temporary lubricant properties due to (I believe) the graphite in it. This is why it will stop things from squeaking for a while, and why a lot of people think it's a substitute for grease or oil.

bump
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Beyond Fleece products.

My coldplay softshell is the best garment I own, and the only time I wear a shell now is if its absolutely puking or pouring. I dont even bother taking my shell most of the time anyway.

And periodically I'll put on my north face fleece, and the damn thing feels like a potato sack. You dont realize how nice it is to have custom fit gear until after you've tried putting store bought stuff on.

Look ZRace bindings. I swear these things make me a better skier. And I feel like more of a man knowing I can crank it down to 18 if I want to.

Smith Triad

Leatherman Wave (repeat)

Zip Ties

ArcTeryx Shell (repeat)

Dakine Poacher
    I know some people knock em, but I love mine for everything everywhere!
    Last edited by gonzo; 04-04-2004 at 04:42 PM.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

No explanation needed, really.

Originally posted by schuss
    Duct Tape - It fixes everything. EVERYTHING.
    Even airplanes (up here at least)

As far as gear goes:
    Any ski I can afford right now I think Public enemies are the greatest thing ever but that'll change if I can get myself on something fatter

Best Nordic Skis (skinny division)
    RCS Skate, simply the fastest lightest ski ever

Best Brand:
    Solomon, my nordic boots, both pairs of bindings and everyday shoes are all solomon wich are quite frankly the longest lasting and best gear I have ever owned
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Originally posted by 13

Old School Knit Swix Beanies
    Those who own one, know. Enough said. Now I gotta find mine.
    [/B]
    [Comic book guy] Best Hat Ever [/CBG]
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

scott world cup poles.

win my award for longevitiy. I purchased a pair around 1995 for $30. I still use them almost every day. probably have over 1500 days on them by now.

the wrist straps fell off (I never use 'em anyway), they've been repainted from a spray can. replaced a basket with a mismatch, but they're still rockin' and mostly unbent after all these years.

Just because.

Lots of cool gear in this thread.

Arcteryx Javelin (don't know if they make it anymore) -like the sidewinder but more streamlined for resort riding and softer inside (diferent kind of gore-tex)

Smartwool/Ibex/Icebreakers. All good, the Icebreakers wool shit is the nicest though.

Explosivs. What can I say?

Flicklocks are good, I prefer Life Links variants because you can rebuild any piece that breaks (tips, handle, brake shoes, whatever) and the company will ship it ASAP. Cheap if you call up and are nice.

Cheap light beer in the pockets for resort riding, a Snowpeak Ti flask with something nice for the BC. Damn, I got a good GF to have gotten me one of those!

P.S. It's snowing here.......(VT).

Mountain Hardwear Alchemy Pants: With little to no layering underneath, they keep me comfortable in the widest range of conditions of any pant I've ever tried. Waterproof, breathable, durable, and stretchy enough to be super comfy... love 'em.

My Arc'teryx shell and pants are still in excellent condition after years of use and I love my new Patagonia stretch element shell just as much. (Taped seams, sealed arc'teryx like zippers, stretchy but 100% waterproof...)

Gore-Tex iron on patches. I think there are a half-dozen of them on my Arc'teryx pants now, some have been on there for years, through multiple washings, and they stay put and blend well enough that I have to point them out for people to notice them.

DonJoy Defiance knee brace: comfortable enough that I don't notice it - even telemarking.

Icebreakers wool shirts. Just got one - and have worn it skiing and riding. Works for an exceptionally wide range of temps.

Phat Luvs and Hippy Stinx. Skis I'm in love with this year...
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

oooh! my favorite one yet. almost forgot.

and i have some sony earbuds but may sell one of my nuts and get these for next season....

Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

some of these are repeats but

G3 Targa Its simple its bomber it works and its easy to fix what more can you say

Volkl Explosive Yeah, It Rocks

Volkl G4 Ditto

BCA Alpine Trekker Maybe not as good as a dedicated AT binding but for those of us who take short tours and don't have the $ to shell out for a full time setup they work. Plus you can use your alpine bindings!

Smith Triad Best goggles I've EVER owned, they make me look like a totally extremo mountain dude plus they don't fog

Dakine Heli Pro I would bet that this is standard equipment for most maggots, it was my first pack and served me well

Black Diamond Slide Pack Much better then the Dakine, better internal organization with a top pocket for tools/keys, smaller pocket inside for powerbars/skins, a large area for extra layers/goggles etc. Designated shovel/probe pocket, routes a hydration to the right or the left for those of us who aren't left drinkers. PLUS the added bonus is that its a long pack which means you can fill it all the way and not stick out on the lifts!

Camelpak Stowaway Turns any backpack into a hydration system, throw a on/off switch thingy and tuck it into your jacket and elimainate the freezing problem

Nalgene Water Bottle Yet another peice of Standard Maggot equipment

Leatherman Wave Throw it in your pack and forget its there until that day you're standing on top of Paradise at MRG and you notice that you're boot feels a little wierd and sloppy, upon inspection you find that the buckle has worked the screw loose but SCORE you have a leather man and can tighten the screw up and proceed to throw a huge misty flip over the icefall-well everythings true exept for the misty flip

Giro 9 helmet Where do I start, its light it vents it looks great Another peice of standard maggot equipment

Giro Tuneups Warmer then the stock earpeices they're perfect for those days on the EC when the wind is HOWLING and theres nobody on the chairlift with you. Kill switch cuts the music when you wanna talk or hear someone. Bring blurreds new mix and rip the schit outta something!
    Last edited by laseranimal; 04-06-2004 at 08:13 AM.
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Oh yeah....duh... when it comes to gloves:

Hestras rool.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Fate Pants

I've had mine for 3 seasons now, and they are still rockin' solid. Lots of cargo pockets for touring, good vents...they're the shiz.

Scarpa Denali AT Boots

Find me a stiffer AT Boot....'nuff said.

And for you Smith Triad fans....

Wait 'till you see next year's new Smith goggle...just gots a pair and they are hot. They look like the perfect blend between the Fuse and the Triad...square frames with a spherical lense. Lots of breathing room and cool little accents.

Arcteryx M-30 Pack

Bought mine from Hop and it's the shit. Fits much tighter and low profile than my old Dakine, and it's simplicity means you have a lot less to worry about.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."