Lightbulb Bountiful Bomber and other utah races.

Anyway I'm out injured for the summer but would like to go watch the race and work on my 1337 photo sk1llz. I could also drive shuttles on race day. Anyone racing? Also this thread is provided for commenting on other Utah races.

I might if I haven't sold my bike by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd Wong View Post
    Anyway I'm out injured for the summer but would like to go watch the race and work on my 1337 photo sk1llz. I could also drive shuttles on race day. Anyone racing? Also this thread is provided for commenting on other Utah races.
    How did you hurt yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    How did you hurt yourself?
    Early April going off jumps at Snowbird. Landed perfectly fine but felt it go as I was still landing. ACL and Meniscus. Thumb also injured in the mêlée of trying to slow down with my knee gone.
    Surgery went well on all 3 and I will be back easy biking in a couple months. Ready for sure for skiing/boarding next season.

While normally there's a serious shortage of shuttle drivers for riding at the B, I believe on race day they have a company that does it and they tell you you have to take the official shuttle truck. But photogs and spectators are always appreciated too...
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Early April going off jumps at Snowbird. Landed perfectly fine but felt it go as I was still landing. ACL and Meniscus. Thumb also injured in the mêlée of trying to slow down with my knee gone.
    Surgery went well on all 3 and I will be back easy biking in a couple months. Ready for sure for skiing/boarding next season.
    Sorry to hear that Alex, heal up fast. I should have a bike soon, so we should go for a ride when you are healed up a bit.

Tomorrow's the day! Anyway I hope to see at least the regulars up there. I'll be close to the bottom as I'm relatively immobile. Warm Pabsts waiting at the finish also.

Dude that sucks!! Heal up fast!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Lightbulb

Few shots from yesterday. This definitely isn't a spectators course for those who can't ambulate well.

Mr. Altagirl.

Altagirl.

Rotorhead.

A few non-mag associates.

And a few cool shots.
    This didn't end up as bad as it might have.

Nice shots!

Well, how was it? Race reports?
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

This didn't end up as bad as it might have.
    This is no place for front brake (break?) !!!

I think I'd be more worried about the location of the sadle than anything else....

Awesome shots!!
    Last edited by Lonnie; 06-04-2007 at 05:07 PM.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Nice shots! Thanks again for the shuttle ride.
    Don't make me come get you....

Nice pics...maggots looking good on the bikes. I hope you get better soon man, getting hurt sucks. But hey, on the bright-side, at least you didn't get hurt biking, then you would have to miss most of ski season
    Way to make the most of your injury, providing us with quality stokage.

Quote Originally Posted by yentna View Post
    Nice shots!

Well, how was it? Race reports?
    Mr.AG, Rotorhead and Chad (associate #1 in the pics) all got 2nd. They all did great but were bummed to be a couple seconds away from a win. I was the only expert woman, so I just had to finish. Which was nice considering my rear brake went out completely at the drop in to Sunny Bono (the lower singletrack section). Yikes. I kept pumping it up like crazy and would get a little bit back here and there, let off it and it'd be completely gone again. Wake up call is that much more exciting when you don't know if your rear brake will work or not. After the drop-in to the finish line it was gone completely and I was so panicked that I was going to endo into something that when it suddenly worked again, I ended up nearly stopping short of the finish and had to pedal again. Some situational awareness would be good... but I guess at least I didn't endo into the announcer's booth.

Then I was standing at the end and Addie pointed out my front tire was about 90% flat too (like you can push to the rim with your thumb). So personally, I was just happy to have made it clean through all that loose techy stuff.

I'm glad to have a break. 4 races in a week was silly.

And thanks again for driving us up and for taking the pics! Those are great!
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Just saying Hi and glad to identify a few nicknames around here (I am the typical lurker in the ski forum.. People scare me in here)
    Shepperd do I know you too?

That pic of logan in distress is money. That little punk is so amazingly fast!

Mani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    Just saying Hi and glad to identify a few nicknames around here (I am the typical lurker in the ski forum.. People scare me in here)
    Shepperd do I know you too?

That pic of logan in distress is money. That little punk is so amazingly fast!

Mani.
    Hey, nice to see you in here!

That is a killer pic, huh? I heard he wrecked hard. Disgusting that he can recover from that and still be that damn fast.

Great photos. I love that look in AG's eye.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix