Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1284
    Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Thinking she'll be a nice porker to ride around my woods. Seriously considering ridding myself of the dorado and get a 170mm fork and shorter shock for extremenduro radness,though. Would be 170/164mm travel then, f/r. The build is looking like it'll end up around 15kgs, considering wheels, rubber, drivetrain and such.
    that'd be a quick swap. I'd keep both. always nice to have a spare or backup shock

fat all year here in maine.

simple utility. go most anywhere. push on pedal, pull on bar, move forward.

Homies in NB ride those lots. All winter. Packing trails w snowshoes. Good community in Fred town. Too much snow here

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Homies in NB ride those lots. All winter. Packing trails w snowshoes. Good community in Fred town. Too much snow here
    ya i originally bought it (last early december) for snow riding, then after one trail ride i immediately sold my 29er and couldn't stop smiling on the thing. and then we had 4 months of snow cover and it was just too much fun. i honestly enjoy the fatty on trail as much or more than on snow as they're just so damn capable. traction, floatation, and they truck thru the chunky/techy crazy good. the slowshoes do work well for packing. once we get enough snow it's fun to just pack in loops where there are no trails. just random packed routes.

Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    ya i originally bought it (last early december) for snow riding, then after one trail ride i immediately sold my 29er and couldn't stop smiling on the thing. and then we had 4 months of snow cover and it was just too much fun. i honestly enjoy the fatty on trail as much or more than on snow as they're just so damn capable. traction, floatation, and they truck thru the chunky/techy crazy good. the slowshoes do work well for packing. once we get enough snow it's fun to just pack in loops where there are no trails. just random packed routes.
    Right on. If you hop across the border sometime check out mt bike Fredericton . Good bunch o keeners. Lots of night rides. Fire pits , benches and beers at a few of there spots. A lot that are happy to show people around. It's a maratimer thing eh

That's a cool eclectic collection "sal". I think I could build a complete w your stems

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Right on. If you hop across the border sometime check out mt bike Fredericton . Good bunch o keeners. Lots of night rides. Fire pits , benches and beers at a few of there spots. A lot that are happy to show people around. It's a maratimer thing eh
    thanx for the tip!

yes, a maritimer thing

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Thinking she'll be a nice porker to ride around my woods. Seriously considering ridding myself of the dorado and get a 170mm fork and shorter shock for extremenduro radness,though. Would be 170/164mm travel then, f/r. The build is looking like it'll end up around 15kgs, considering wheels, rubber, drivetrain and such.
    You should be able to find a decent deal on a 170mm Lyric or 180mm Totem fairly easily about now.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    You and those low BB bikes you love! And WTB tires to boot!

(said in jest folks, nobody get their panties in a wad)
    Those were the bikes that began the formations of those opinions

The silver one wasn't too bad. The armageddon I sold within two months. That bike sucked. I think they were both in the 14s. Pretty normal (and still entirely unacceptable) at the time.

And yeah those pics are from like 2001.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Those were the bikes that began the formations of those opinions

The silver one wasn't too bad. The armageddon I sold within two months. That bike sucked. I think they were both in the 14s. Pretty normal (and still entirely unacceptable) at the time.

And yeah those pics are from like 2001.
    I figured they had to be at least ten years old.

Side note: I'm really digging my 5010/Solo with the 26" stuff from my busted TRc on there. Wondering how a Newmad would feel with the Totem and 26" stuff taken from my Reign-X. Probably shouldn't go there though.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Mark this in history: with the way the nomad blows through its travel, the 12.5 BB I got on the one I borrowed and put all my 26" stuff on it......was too low. It was rideable and I had a lot of fun on it but it's not the ideal candidate for that IMO. I've ridden a solo with its intended wheels and thought that one would be pretty sweet. Glad to hear you're enjoying your 'unrideable' bike

I was moving around a bunch of old stuff on hardrives and found those. I laughed. Figured someone else would too.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    You should be able to find a decent deal on a 170mm Lyric or 180mm Totem fairly easily about now.
    Considering those, yes.

Finally cleaned all the road muck off the new Pivot in time for it to be winter. Pumped on this ride though and will have to get it dirty again before heading home for XMas...

"We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I saw it on your slayer, and again here, and now I have to ask. What is with your seat angle? I am always curious why people angle them one way or the other. Flat's worked well for me, I tried angled back slightly for a bit but didn't gain much from it.

I didn't think TGR paid you.....
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    I saw it on your slayer, and again here, and now I have to ask. What is with your seat angle? I am always curious why people angle them one way or the other. Flat's worked well for me, I tried angled back slightly for a bit but didn't gain much from it.
    Super steep forward. I had a spinal cord injury years ago that really cut down on the size and strength of my gluts, so I basically have no ass to speak of. So in lieu of having my butt put me in the right position I have to knock the seat way forward to compensate. Wouldn't have it so steep were it not for the climbs but it kinda sucks cuz it really negates some of the clearance I should be getting with a dropper post.

Plus with the spinal cord thing also weakening my calves significantly, I pedal almost on my heels and have to be a bit farther forward to get in a power position.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I didn't think TGR paid you.....
    They pay me a little, but it was more to do with finding a really good deal on the pivot from a shop owner, being able to sell my slayer, and also not needing to buy any ski stuff this year. Pumped it worked out, but things will definitely be tight until the holidays are over.

My Kona Process 153 DL with all the Race Face goodies.

latest addition to the stable. now, if they would just hurry up and finish the damn track...

Took my dirt roadie out a couple times this week:

Did not ride it up that ice.
    Last edited by jamal; 12-19-2014 at 04:50 PM.

My first new (as in not purchased used or pieced together with used parts) bike since I worked in a shop about 15 years ago. .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1017.jpg 
Views:	1905 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	161971
    Last edited by Conundrum; 12-30-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sal the salmon View Post

where is that pic from? it looks really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    My first new (as in not purchased used or pieced together with used parts) bike since I worked in a shop about 15 years ago. .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1017.jpg 
Views:	1905 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	161971
    Really liked the one I had a test ride on. Amazing bikes