Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rejoice! Killington deal finally closes.

Good riddance to the ASC fucktards.

Purchase of Killington, Pico ski areas completed

May 11, 2007

Staff Report

KILLINGTON — Powdr Corp and SP Land Company LLC on Friday completed their $85.2 million purchase of the Killington and Pico ski resorts from American Skiing Co.

Powdr Corp. of Park City Utah will operate the mountain resort operations while SP Land will turn its attention to real estate development opportunities, including development of the long-awaited ski village.

Related to the closing, Powdr Corp. named Chris Nyberg president of Killington Resort and Pico Mountain. Nyberg replaces Allen Wilson.

For more on this story, see Saturday's Rutland Herald.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Hooray! Prepare for higher ticket prices!
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

If they put some of the money back into the mountain I'll pay it. All my money has been going directly to their creditors for far too long.

I dont give a shit where my money went- I was paying 370 bucks for a season pass to 6 mountains. Why is it good that ASC is leaving? So we can pay more money to ski?
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by HotDiggity View Post
    If they put some of the money back into the mountain I'll pay it. All my money has been going directly to their creditors for far too long.
    Lets see they'll take out loans for all these wonderful improvements, and once again, you'll be paying creditors. Grats.
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

So if I have a pass to Bachy, can I ski at Kmart/Pico for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I dont give a shit where my money went- I was paying 370 bucks for a season pass to 6 mountains. Why is it good that ASC is leaving? So we can pay more money to ski?
    Think about what I said. I don't really give a fuck where my money went. I cared that ASC was carrying a crippling debt load and could barely sustain operations.

The place has turned into a shit hole in complete disrepair. Even basic maintenance has been neglected for far too long. Lodges are falling apart. Lifts are rusting to death. Crittical lifts don't run mid-week. The snow-making budget has been drastically reduced. Snowmaking infrastructure is dilapidated to the point that they can't make snow in areas of the mountain where snowmaking was once present. I could go on...

You get what you pay for. I liked my $400 pass too. But as you can see that wasn't a realistic means to sustain the business.

Quote Originally Posted by extreeski View Post
    So if I have a pass to Bachy, can I ski at Kmart/Pico for free?
    Only if you hate yourself.

YEAH, BITCHES!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Free Range Lobster View Post
    Lets see they'll take out loans for all these wonderful improvements, and once again, you'll be paying creditors. Grats.
    You're an ill informed person.......

..................and a loudmouth douchebag, while we're at it.

^^^Just imagine if DS/HS were a real person!

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    You're an ill informed person.......

..................and a loudmouth douchebag, while we're at it.
    That's hyphenated. Gotta love irony.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^Just imagine if DS/HS were a real person!
    My mind would certainly be blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Range Lobster View Post
    Only if you hate yourself.
    It was a joke.

I won't fly across the country to ski in VT/NH ever again. Not worth it. Cheaper to go to B.C.

It was a joke.

I won't fly across the country to ski in VT/NH ever again. Not worth it. Cheaper to go to B.C.
    Hense the smiley.
    But careful what you say, highway star might call you out for a ski off.

Whoa, really? I'd like to push him over pinball on Crystal. He and Dankhucker.

...The place has turned into a shit hole in complete disrepair. Even basic maintenance has been neglected for far too long. Lodges are falling apart. Lifts are rusting to death. Crittical lifts don't run mid-week. The snow-making budget has been drastically reduced. Snowmaking infrastructure is dilapidated to the point that they can't make snow in areas of the mountain where snowmaking was once present. I could go on...

You get what you pay for. I liked my $400 pass too. But as you can see that wasn't a realistic means to sustain the business.
    This winter I skied K-Mart for the first time in well over 10 years (Highway Star called me out from Colorado ) and I was amazed at the general condition of the place. The 'new' K-1 gondola is an improvement, but for everything else I felt like I was in a time warp- nothing has really changed for the better in over 10 years! Even if you only compare it to the other resorts owned, or formally, owned by ASC it was kind of a dump.
    Growing up in the East I thought of the place as one of the crown jewels of the East Coast, now it just reminds me of my last visit to.........

K-MART

I really hope that the new owners can get it headed in the right direction, because despite all the bullshit Killington can be a great place to ski.

For one of the first times in history, the corporate ski area was actually better for skiers than the indie and now it's gone. No all east pass, no good college passes...this straight up blows. Expediting my pilgrimage to the west.

dankhucker Guest
    Whoa, really? I'd like to push him over pinball on Crystal. He and Dankhucker.
    dude...I don't do crystal.....That stuff will mess you up. I mean look at SuPu

Quote Originally Posted by endlesswntr View Post
    For one of the first times in history, the corporate ski area was actually better for skiers than the indie and now it's gone. No all east pass, no good college passes...this straight up blows. Expediting my pilgrimage to the west.
    Yeah...that shit is tight!

Too bad ASC didn't stick around. Mankind should know exactly how long it takes a gondola terminal to turn into a complete pile if crap.

killington has sold, and highway star is still a jackass! sweet!

Too bad ASC didn't stick around. Mankind should know exactly how long it takes a gondola terminal to turn into a complete pile if crap.
    BINGO- That was the most glaring and obvious example of the overall decline of the place. While walking around the old gondola building this winter I felt like I was on the set of a low-budget Scandanavian horror movie.
    SCENE 2: The Grand Hotel

The place has turned into a shit hole in complete disrepair. Even basic maintenance has been neglected for far too long. Lodges are falling apart. Lifts are rusting to death. Crittical lifts don't run mid-week. The snow-making budget has been drastically reduced. Snowmaking infrastructure is dilapidated to the point that they can't make snow in areas of the mountain where snowmaking was once present. I could go on...
    Based on what Powdr Corp has done at Bachelor in the last five years I wouldn't expect too much in the way of improvements at Kmart/Pico. Although they shared the purchase price they also aquired the dept that ASC had run up. my guess is Powdr is pretty well leveraged right now, even when the deal selling Alpine Meadows closes. Best of luck being in the Powdr Family Me thinks you'll need it.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

I really could care less about the condition of a gondie terminal, so long as the thing is not falling off the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    Based on what Powdr Corp has done at Bachelor in the last five years I wouldn't expect too much in the way of improvements at Kmart/Pico. Although they shared the purchase price they also aquired the dept that ASC had run up. my guess is Powdr is pretty well leveraged right now, even when the deal selling Alpine Meadows closes. Best of luck being in the Powdr Family Me thinks you'll need it.
    This is completely false.

They got bought by SP Land, which is out of Texas, real estate investment fund. POWDR is running the mountain. Money comes from SP land...think they have any? Yes. Killington is going to be pimp as hell in like five years.
    Last edited by Damian Sanders; 05-12-2007 at 10:45 AM.