The Alpha Monkey Speaks...

Hey mags/minions, Just posted this on Powmag.com as well, but here it is for everyone else...

Hey Maggots,

I just got off the phone with the Alpha Web Monkey, who's been out of town and away from his computer for most of the recent fiasco. He called me on his cell phone on his way home when he heard what has been going on.

He first wanted me to extend his appologies. The pruning of content without warning, displaying of IP addresses, and smart ass comments from our programers were, obviously, a mistake. He has people working right now to see if we can recover the lost content, and wanted me to assure you that the powder board is NOT moderated. We all realize that you moderate yourselves just fine.

Then, as a token of his appreciation and appologies, he offered as a gift, and beautiful ripe Mango, which I already made into a smoothie, and drank (sorry).

I'll keep you updated on the search for the deleted content. In the meantime, please accept our appologies from everyone at Powder and the entire Action Sports Group. I know you've heard it before, but considering that the repercussions of this mistake were felt all the way up to the highest ranking person in our group, it will be difficult in the future for anyone to delete old content with out warning you first. We value you as a group and what you bring to this website and our magazine, and hope you will continue to call powdermag.com your home. The monkey named Daniel has had all his bananas, dates, and other fresh fruit taken away from him, and will be forced to survive on a diet of Purina Monkey Chow from this day forward.

Thanks for your patience!

You already drank Mango? Ah, just think of the fun we coulda had.

http://www.angelfire.com/me2/kattan2...o/mangodd2.jpg

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Thanks KD, alot of us still check both...well...I do anyways. I think we'll feel alot better if we can see videos of monkeys flinging poop at daniel.

oh and in Boston, "smoothie" means something completely different.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Thanks KD.

Originally posted by vinzclortho
    Thanks KD, alot of us still check both...well...I do anyways. I think we'll feel alot better if we can see videos of monkeys flinging poop at daniel.

oh and in Boston, "smoothie" means something completely different.
    Yes, Vinz. I'm from CT, where "smoothie" has the same meaning as it does in Beantown.

Thumbs up

I think we all appreciate it.

I hope that we (we = Maggots, TGR, Powder) all can work out a solution that doesn't leave anyone feeling sour.

A co-sponsored multi-feature website has been proposed a few times... what would Primedia think of that, instead of having the forum an exclusive feature of Powdermag.com? 'Cause, frankly, you're never going to see the number of page views you've been used to again.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    haha...I used to like the blended fruit drink deal kinda, but I could never get over the dual meaning so I gave up and just drink water.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

So then, "smoothie" makes sense in light of the photo I posted?

Thanks for the update KD. Many of us continue to surf both sites, now wasting twice as much time each day.

Re: The Alpha Monkey Speaks...

Originally posted by KevinDineen
    The pruning of content without warning, displaying of IP addresses, and smart ass comments from our programers were, obviously, a mistake....

it will be difficult in the future for anyone to delete old content with out warning you first.
    I guess that's all fine and dandy, thanks for the props...

but...

Isn't this just a nice way of saying "the prunings will continue, we're just going to be much more polite about it next time?"

Could we respectfully ask for a mechanism for a thrid party (powdermaggots.com, etc...) to gain the ability to create archives of content created via forum.powdermag.com.

Also, you might want to point your monkeys at Owens, who has managed to create a very nice little community here. Perhaps you noticed the lack of popup ads, or all of the superios features of vBulliten over UBB, or the calander, or the built-in image hosting...

Cheers

joshbu