Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rod Quiver Pic Thread

I'll start. At the moment, I only have three rods in my garage, but my dad owns like 12 rods and I usually have my pick of any of his to use when I am fishing with him. Here are mine:

Top: Scientific Anglers 9ft 6wt, 2 piece. It is a cheapy and rather stiff, but good for the lakes around here and fighting the wind. It would be my fly rod equivalent to 'rock skis', I guess.

Middle: Fenwick Eagle 8ft 6wt, 2 piece. My dad bought this one for me back in the early 80's as my first rod. It was made back when Fenwicks were made from Sage blanks. It is a nice rod and great for smaller streams. Super easy to cast.

Bottom: Marryat 9ft 5wt, 3 piece. My 'everyday rod; use it most of the time. Great for most applications around my area.

I have around twenty. All bass rods. Will take pics tomorrow as I get them ready for a tournament. Most are Shimano Chronarch's or Chronarch mg's. They are matched with either an Esox or All Star rod. I have a few older Shimano rods. I like this thread.

The kids behaving nicely. Top to Bottom:

1. 9 wt. Ugly Stick, Pflueger Supreme 1890 reel
    2. 6 wt. Lamiglas, Pflueger Trion 1956 reel
    3. Old School hand built 7 wt. Conolon Missilite, Pflueger Medalist reel. Older than me.
    4. 8 wt. Sage Launch, Sage 1680 LA

And standing up we have "Big Momma". 130 lb rated Lamiglass, Penn 114 HL Special Senator. Whompin Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by scarz111 View Post
    The kids behaving nicely. Top to Bottom:

1. 9 wt. Ugly Stick, Pflueger Supreme 1890 reel
    2. 6 wt. Lamiglas, Pflueger Trion 1956 reel
    3. Old School hand built 7 wt. Conolon Missilite, Pflueger Medalist reel. Older than me.
    4. 8 wt. Sage Launch, Sage 1680 LA

And standing up we have "Big Momma". 130 lb rated Lamiglass, Penn 114 HL Special Senator. Whompin Stick.
    Nice... your photo is dated 4-20.

Thats sweet. I did not notice that. I guess I live in the future. Maybe my apartment is a black hole.

being a technical asshole who watches too much discovery channel, I believe a black hole will only allow travel into the past(theoretically), as it bends the space/time continuum around so that you can travel back to a time that is already past, however correct me if I am wrong

I think my head just exploded. I have no concept of the space/time continuum. Maybe my camera is trying to tell me something.

Dude, 7220... this fishing thing is getting out of control. You've got like, what? 15 fishing threads in 1 week? And now, your rod quiver? What next, your reel bags?

I only have 1 flyrod.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Dude, 7220... this fishing thing is getting out of control. You've got like, what? 15 fishing threads in 1 week? And now, your rod quiver? What next, your reel bags?

I only have 1 flyrod.
    Keep it comin' 72 !! I'm starting to waste considerable amounts of time in here....your threads are better than most fishing forum sites.

-------

Have you been up to the mile lately?

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post

I only have 1 flyrod.
    You wanna see my reel bag?

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    You wanna see my reel bag?
    Don't start a barbershop bubble gum war you can't finish.

Hmm, no pics of the entire quiver at once, but it includes:

6' Shimano Trevala (Diawa Saltist 30T) squid and tuna killer
    8'6" Guide's Choice salmon moocher (w/ Shimano Icantremember) dorado/salmon killer
    8' Seeker Persuader (w/ Shimano TLD star 15-30 or Charter Special 100) Striper/halibut killer
    6'6" Sabre S-glass spinning rod 6lb class (w/ Shimano somethingorother) striper/salmon/freshwater killer
    7' Shimano Beastmaster BL1703 (w/ TLD star 15-30 or Charter Special 100) tuna/striper/shark killer
    6'6" Diawa sealine 40lb class w/ Diawa 50H (Lingcod/halibut)
    8' Kunnan downrigger rod (w/ Abu Garcia 6500c3 or Penn 940) older surf/striper/salmon killer
    St. Croix 9' 5weight w/ system 1 (overhead branch killer)
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

2 rods, maybe looking for a 3rd

Sage DS 9ft 8wt w/ lamson reel (light-med inshore duty or bass)
    Sage VPS-Light 8'6 4wt w/ galvan large arbor (trout, small stream, really bought for EC fishing around the smoky mountains)

potentially debating between a 5 or a 6wt fast action 9ft'er.

Redington Wayfarer 10’ 7 weight with Bauer LM4
    St. Croix Ultra Legend 9’ 6 weight with Lamson Lightspeed
    Redington Wayfarer 9’ 5 weight with Gloomis Venture 5
    Redington FSF 7’-6” 3 weight with Austin Forbes
    No shown – Orvis T3 9’-6” 9 weight will Battenkill reel (Got for *free* with TU lifetime membership. God, I wish I would have picked something else cuz it doesn’t see any use! Or maybe I need to go on more Steelhead trips…)
    Soon to be added – A spey rod
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Redington CPS 9' 5wt Lamson Velocity
    TFO Pro 7'6" 3wt Hardy Marksman.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Is it true that Sage owns Redington now? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Yup, and the reason (I think) the new rods don't have an "unconditional" replacement warranty I believe, this is also the reason we are seeing the Albrights taking off.

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    I'll start. At the moment, I only have three rods in my garage, but my dad owns like 12 rods and I usually have my pick of any of his to use when I am fishing with him. Here are mine:

Top: Scientific Anglers 9ft 6wt, 2 piece. It is a cheapy and rather stiff, but good for the lakes around here and fighting the wind. It would be my fly rod equivalent to 'rock skis', I guess.

Middle: Fenwick Eagle 8ft 6wt, 2 piece. My dad bought this one for me back in the early 80's as my first rod. It was made back when Fenwicks were made from Sage blanks. It is a nice rod and great for smaller streams. Super easy to cast.

Bottom: Marryat 9ft 5wt, 3 piece. My 'everyday rod; use it most of the time. Great for most applications around my area.

I've got the same old Fenwick Eagle in a 5-6. That has been the most indestructable, bomber piece of equiptment I've ever owned for flyfishing. Its caught anything from black rockfish, to 35 lb kings. I used it on the Kenai one year for reds...I had a bruise on my sternum for weeks after a virtual 20-hour stretch of yarding Kenai sockeye with it. That little rod would just hum at the reel seat like it was going to blow at any moment. I still use it for dredging lakes with full sink. I like the slow action of it...its like the Pocket Rocket of rods (but holds up longer under duress).
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    2 rods, maybe looking for a 3rd

Sage DS 9ft 8wt w/ lamson reel (light-med inshore duty or bass)
    Sage VPS-Light 8'6 4wt w/ galvan ob-2 (trout, small stream, really bought for EC fishing around the smoky mountains)

potentially debating between a 5 or a 6wt fast action 9ft'er.
    and just added to the quiver after some very sucessful egayslaying

St Croix Legend Ultra 9' 6wt 4pc w/ galvan ob-4

stoked!
    now who wants to go fishing once this runoff chills out

I'm in.^^^^^^

Trying to explain to some non skier co-workers how you can never have too many skis when one says "you mean like fishing rods"...nuf said

Loomis GL3 w/ a okuma diablo red*

Quote Originally Posted by DamRepublican View Post
    being a technical asshole who watches too much discovery channel, I believe a black hole will only allow travel into the past(theoretically), as it bends the space/time continuum around so that you can travel back to a time that is already past, however correct me if I am wrong
    That's correct - if you survive spaghettification. And that's a big if.

"Spinning, winding, still descending
    Like a spiral SEA UNENDING!
    Sound and fury drown my heart
    Every nerve is TORN APART!" - Rush, "Cygnus X1"

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    The big gun fly quiver. (One more spot to fill... the 10-12 range which is the little brother of the TFO Bluewater in this shot)

Orvis Powermatrix10 9wt w/ STH 9/10 (have another STH 9/10 kicking around here somewhere)
    Penn International 4G-AR
    Abel 14wt
    TFO Bluewater Medium Action (they say 13-15 but its more of a 12-15)

More stuff later.
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

I've got an ugly stick, a baitcaster thats been slammed in car doors, a 13 year old shakesphere ultra light, a fenwick 7.5 ft 6wt. (glass) a cabelas stowaway 5 pc. 8.5 ft 5 wt. and an elkhorn 8-9 wt. 9.5 ft.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care