4 weeks post-op (hamsting ACl + meniscus fixation)

Well, I can finally walk sans crutches. ROM is still not enough for stationary bike, but it is getting there. I can also start doing some more serious PT, in order to start building up the lost muscle from my quad & calf. Still, no squats for the next 4 weeks (again meniscus fixation).

Had this been just you're regular ACl reconstruction or even partial extirpation of meniscus, I'd be in much better shape right not... But not maybe so, in say 10 years (removal, especially larger quantities, of meniscus will wear out the joint a lot faster... even possibly to a point where artificial joints are needed).

Luckily the doc only had to remove really small pieces from my meniscus (and they are facing away from the joint surfaces), and the big gash I had there... Well it was lashed back together (I believe the method/equiopment used was something called "allinside" meniscus fixation... or something like that).

Oh, and it seems I've lost ~4 inches from my quad .... A lot of work ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by hemas View Post
    Oh, and it seems I've lost ~4 inches from my quad .... A lot of work ahead.
    take a picture. i wish i had taken one of my arm after 10 weeks in a cast. my bicep was about the size of my wrist.

good luck on the rehab!