Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Roger will finish Roddick in straight sets in the semis. Neither Roddick nor he will be pushed to reach that semi though with Gonzalez and Ljubicic already out.

There is much more action in the bottom half of the draw especially the third quarter: Hewitt, Nalbandian, Baghdatis and of course NOVAK (Djokovic - I love that guy!).

Rafa has a tough draw with Soderling tomorrow, then probably, Youzhny, Berdych and then whoever makes it from the above mentioned third quarter.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

I'm pulling for this chick:

Is it just me or are there a LOT more hot chicks in tennis right now then ever before?
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

You mean Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Kirilenko, Hantuchova, Dementieva, ...
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Would've liked to see Nadal win. It's fun to see a great champion on the backside of his career pull it out and all, but I think loosing would've lit a big fire under fed's butt and we'd see even better tennis from him down the road, if that's possible. Great match nonetheless. It took the first two sets for my coffee to kick in and be awake. West Coast tennis fans have it rough.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

I was no where near a tee vee all weekend. I got home this morning to discover that my kid fucked with the vcr and I don't have the final recorded

They're playing it on ESPN Classic tonight, I read ... at 8 eastern.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Klammer View Post
    You mean Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Kirilenko, Hantuchova, Dementieva, ...

Slutskys!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by pinto View Post
    They're playing it on ESPN Classic tonight, I read ... at 8 eastern.

unfortunately, our provider doesn't give us ESPN Classic unless you subscribe to premium channels

On another note, I picked up two Wilson T3000's over the week end. I was never a huge fan of these racquets but I hit with one yesterday and really liked it. I think the difference is that when a Wilson rep gave me one to try when I was a kid, it was like a 4 1/8 light. The ones I bought over the week end were medium weighted. The racquet seemed a lot calmer and I really liked the heft and the precision that was available. The grip 4 1/2 is a bit large for me so I am now searching for a 3/8 medium.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    On another note, I picked up two Wilson T3000's over the week end. I was never a huge fan of these racquets but I hit with one yesterday and really liked it. I think the difference is that when a Wilson rep gave me one to try when I was a kid, it was like a 4 1/8 light. The ones I bought over the week end were medium weighted. The racquet seemed a lot calmer and I really liked the heft and the precision that was available. The grip 4 1/2 is a bit large for me so I am now searching for a 3/8 medium.
    I have a slew of T2000's that I break out every once in awhile just for kicks. I think it is basically the same as the 3000. You know who restrings a racquet like that? Especially with the weave stringing around the frame? One reason I rarely hit mine is because (a) they generally suck despite being fun once in awhile and (b) not sure if I could get it restrung.

I bought an old aluminum frame yonex from Salv. Army for $3. It's in really good condition and hits surprisingly nice, aside from being only like 80 sq. inches.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    I have a slew of T2000's that I break out every once in awhile just for kicks. I think it is basically the same as the 3000. You know who restrings a racquet like that? Especially with the weave stringing around the frame? One reason I rarely hit mine is because (a) they generally suck despite being fun once in awhile and (b) not sure if I could get it restrung.
    My Klippermate should be here this week. I have at least 5 racquets to restring. After that, I will probably tackle the T3000 since I have two, I can use the other as a pattern. If I am successful, you are welcome to ship yours to me for a string job. I just ordered 660' of Gosen OG micro 17 synthetic gut in clear.

My Klippermate should be here this week. I have at least 5 racquets to restring. After that, I will probably tackle the T3000 since I have two, I can use the other as a pattern. If I am successful, you are welcome to ship yours to me for a string job. I just ordered 660' of Gosen OG micro 17 synthetic gut in clear.
    That's a very generous offer. I will let you know if one of them pops. Maybe we can work out some payment or exchange. Let us know how the stringing goes on one of those. Gotta be kinda difficult. I have strung with a Klippermate and it would be no small task to get a T3000 done correctly.

The Klippermate arrived, I read through the manual Friday night and strung my new Dunlop M-Fil 400 on Saturday morning. It took 1hr and 20 minutes start to finish.

Stringing is intuitive and enjoyable but I guess that comes from being a gear hound.

Quote Originally Posted by bossass View Post
    Seriously, it's a really great dirtbag game. Get a nice old graphite racket from goodwill and after that it's just balls. About a $1.50 per session. Assuming you're on free public courts of course.

Just picked up these sweet sticks on ebay. 20 year old frame and still better than anything built today. It's like the explosiv of rackets.

Edit: Okay, I'm not really serious, but tennis is fucking fun as shit.
    wowow.. that's a pair of beautiful racquets.. how much did you pay for it?? would you like to sell one of those?? jetlee2k@yahoo.com

"Originally Posted by bossass
    Seriously, it's a really great dirtbag game. Get a nice old graphite racket from goodwill and after that it's just balls. About a $1.50 per session. Assuming you're on free public courts of course"

This made me laugh.
    Since getting back into tennis, this season I have bought...

1 Ball Machine $950
    5 buckets of balls $150
    1 Klippermate stringer $150.
    3 rolls of string $100.
    2 Dunlop M-Fill 400 racquets $180.
    numerous classic wooden racquets $150.
    overgrips, tennis shoes,shirts,assorted stuff $250.

Putting together a killer two handed backhand....priceless

Well, I'm not saying it's cheap for gear whores. I myself have aquired waaaaay too much tennis shit this summer. But for someone who's happy to have one racket and buy a can of balls now and then, the fun to cost ratio is quite favorable.

Edit: Prestige frames are like pivot heels. Hoarding on both fronts.

unfortunately, our provider doesn't give us ESPN Classic unless you subscribe to premium channels
    Gee too bad. You're missing the American Gladiator marathons and the Poker World Championships from 1997.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Bjorn Borg Guest
    I waited awhile to post, because I'm really afraid of that McEnroe guy. Ha! Looks like my life turned out better than his!

You have got to be kidding me.

Haha. I'll be impressed at how you go about using the Borg alias elsewhere on the board.

I need people to hit with now that USTA is over. Golf has taken over my leisure time.

Tennis-Warehouse is rereleasing Donnay Pro One sticks. Gotta make some room for this guy:

-BABOLAT PURE DRIVE PLUS (4 1/2, 6 of 10)

This is an older Pure Drive. Not sure the vintage, but you'll be able to tell by the photos. I got this from a college player, it's been well used, but it still hits fine. There is definite scuffing from 11 to 1 on the hoop. The undergrip is pretty shot, I always used overgrip. No cover. Needs a new grommet set, which I'll include. Old syn. strings.
    $60 shipped

-YONEX RD-7 (4 1/2, 7 of 10)

Normal scuffing at 3 and 9, one tiny paint chip. Bumper is lightly scraped, but in good condition. No undergrip, I've got two overgrips on there now. No cover. Old syn. strings.
    $65 shipped

-Fischer M-Speed M Pro No. 1 98 (4 3/8, 8 of 10)

Some scraping from 11 to 1 on hoop and light paint chipping. Bumper is scraped but in good shape. Is the SL version, 11.3 oz unstrung. Has some kind of poly string in good shape in it. No cover.
    $65 shipped.

-PRO KENNEX HERITAGE TYPE C 98 (Not Redondo, 4 3/8, 8 of 10)

Normal scraping on bumper, some scrapes and chips on frame, but overall in great condition. Syn. string, probably old. Head softac grip, with some residue from a Wilson Pro overgrip. Grip feels fine, however.
    $40 shipped.

-Yonex RDS 002 (Not tour, 300g, 4 3/8, 9 of 10)

In excellent condition. Light scraping on bumper, that's it. Original yonex grip in good shape with supergrap over. Yonex ATG 850 Pro string at 52lbs. No cover.
    $90 shipped.

Hrm, I've never hit with any of those, but I'm not loving the Dunlop M-Fil 200s I picked up for USTA. In my previous life as an active tennis player (HS), I played with the Dunlop Revelation Tours... which I think are somewhat similar to the muscle weave series.

How do these hit? You have many tennis rackets.

From the mfil 200, you'd probably like the Fischer the most. My holy grail is the Head Prestige Classic 600, it's seriously the best racket ever, but was discontinued like a week ago after TW ran out of stock. Suppossedly head will have a microgel prestige in early 08. I'm weeding out all other rackets right now. That new donnay will be $99 new, so I'm gonna try it out for kicks.