Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool new gloves (Vaughn Outdoor C-zips)

I saw these at a tradeshow in SLC and was able to get my hands on a pair. Overall I thought it was a pretty cool concept and have been stoked on the gloves so far. There's a zipper that runs across the back of your hand just back from the knuckles. Instead of taking your gloves off for taking pictures or grabbing something out of a pocket you just unzip the knuckle zipper and all your fingers are free quickly and you can stash them quickly again as well (shooters stay warm, gapers don't drop their gloves off the lift).

Here's the URL: www.vogloves.com

Unfortunately the site is all flashed out and ridiculous. It's a moderately cool site, but doesn't do a very good job of showing the gloves. I think the site tries to be the hero and the gloves are an after thought. Too bad, hopefully they'll fix it soon. The gloves are sweet. Definitely awesome for anybody who shoots a lot.

That's the worst website I've ever seen.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

fucking flash...
    I ski therefore I am.

to bad im at work and cant download flash right now. oh well, im still getting paid for this!

Quote Originally Posted by workinforturns View Post
    to bad im at work and cant download flash right now. oh well, im still getting paid for this!
    really, that paragraph was better than the whole site.

Quote Originally Posted by bossass View Post
    That's the worst website I've ever seen.
    I'm feeling a little motion-sick after looking at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    I'm feeling a little motion-sick after looking at that.
    Yeah, I've never wanted to not buy gloves so much in my life.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

These gloves are sick. The quality is top-notch, and the c-zip just makes sense.

wow, my life seem so calm now that that site is no longer filling my whole screen. damn!

the gloves look like a good idea tho.

wasted 5 mins of my life trying to navigate to the products page only to find the picture there didnt show the c-zip in action. I quit.

I had a mild seizure.

Yeah, the agency behind that site needs to be shot. They thought their design was cooler than the product they were selling and forgot all about it.
    I wanted to pimp these guys on here earlier, but just couldn't bring myself to due to the site. You can't really even show off the product to someone by linking to their site. And lord knows that site wasn't cheap.

I should forward this thread to the creator of the glove. I told him the same thing. I think he's heard it 1000 times, but unfortunately he has a marketing director that's in-charge of this stuff. I guess a re-do is in the works.

Anywho, the gloves are sick and the site is suck.

ya got the site to work (figured out my works access password) and sort of wish i hadnt. that hurt my head.

Unreal! I left the website pissed and frustrated. Was there ANY market research done before granting the web design to an 8th grade geek?

Yeah, totally...

Wow, the website sucks, but I didn't know it sucked that bad... Oh well, I appreciate the feedback and we are definitely in the process of making some major changes/making a completely new site.

So, I would like to turn some attention from our horrid site to our awesome gloves. Since the website does not really explain the gloves I will attempt to do so now.

Benefits:

-Save some time not having to break the seal between your coat sleeves and gloves everytime you need your hands for access to your stuff
    -No more dropped gloves (off the lift... or into your pee stream during your backcountry break [not necessarily applicable to the ladies out there... well I guess it could])
    -Hand temperature regulation: unzip those suckers and pull your hands out while waiting in the line, riding the lift or while hiking up the hill
    -Quick dry: leave them unzipped at the end of the day for a more quick, thorough drying of your gloves so you don't have that "sweet" smell towards the end of the season
    -Gloves OR Mittens: Whatever your preference we got you covered

So, don't take my word for it, test them out yourself or see what the dudes at Gear Trends/SNEWS had to say:

http://snewsnet.com/cgi-bin/snews/08175.html

We entered the ISPO Brandnew Awards comp last year for new products/companies. Out of 171 entries from 25 countries, we were one of the 7 winners and won the Sportswear Accessories award:

http://www.ispo-brandnew.com/english...ank/index.html

AND, for a better demonstration of how the gloves work, click here, or copy and paste... whatever:

http://a914.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...6cd8016819.gif

Thank you for allowing me to explain what the CZiP gloves are all about. Now, please let me know how I can make them better. Your input will be used for future modifications so we can offer better gloves.

Thanks for the info and sorry to hammer on you, but that was really bad.

You've got a great concept going for you and once you get the website user-friendly I wish you the best.

is taking your gloves off that difficult?
    most gloves that go over the cuff have a wrist lanyard you can use so you can just take your gloves off and they stay attached\dangle from your arm.

not really a new concept so much as it is a slightly more high tech execution of these types of gloves

some people also make wool ones that are more commonly marketed to the outdoor hunting\fishing crowd.

the drying benefit seems to be pretty cool though

Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    is taking your gloves off that difficult?
    most gloves that go over the cuff have a wrist lanyard you can use so you can just take your gloves off and they stay attached\dangle from your arm.

not really a new concept so much as it is a slightly more high tech execution of these types of gloves

some people also make wool ones that are more commonly marketed to the outdoor hunting\fishing crowd.

the drying benefit seems to be pretty cool though
    While it's not so much hi tech I think that the big difference is that you won't get snow between your palm and fingers and there won't be a zipper between your palm and pole grip or whatever. Pretty key differences IMHO.

I love my Hestras but really wish they had the wrist lanyard thingy

Of course

No worries on the fact that the website got hammered, if it sucks, it sucks.

Okay, so the gloves that hang around your wrist when you take them, comparable to the current website...

The gloves that fold up on the back of your hand... well, I don't ever see those made especially for snow applications, but you are not able to gain access to your entire hand, just finger tips... not as convenient for me but yes, a similar concept. If you put a zipper for that type of opening you will have a zipper right in the middle of your palm... then we would post those proudly on the current website because the level of sucking would be the same.

We are going to make gloves for a number of different industries:

Hunting & Fishing
    Construction
    Military
    Police
    Motorcycle Riders
    I use mine for snowboarding and snowmobiling myself

Quote Originally Posted by urban_hailer View Post
    this is fucking sweet! except how can i afford them? i only wear mittens and like taking pictures with my 35mm. this glove would solve a lot of the pains of mittens, but not on my payroll. ill deal with freezing my fingers for a few more years, sorry.

cool design. i hope you've filed a patent.

Glad to see you made it over here. I'm stoked to hear you'll be moving into other fields as well. Makes perfect sense. I've done plenty of quasi-construction work in the cold to wish I had something along those lines.

And I figured I might as well post your gif right here since it's something that finally shows what I was trying to describe in the first post.

BTW, if you spend much time here at all you're going to find yourself hooked. Tons of great info for conditions, gear, etc.. Not to mention trip reports and photos.

Well Duh

The very first thing I did after cutting open an old glove and stitching in a zipper was have a patent search done. The design is patent pending in the US and internationally.

Well I was going to try and figure out how to post my pic of the hand out of glove on the page but meatdrink9 has taken care of that - thank you very much.

good to hear it. lots of individual inventors aren't savvy enough to file before they shop the idea around. now that i've braved your site i see that you've already got funding, etc. good luck with the climb from 'pending' to issued. despite the 'bad patents' you hear about in software, the examiners can be pretty picky with mechanical stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by urban_hailer View Post
    The very first thing I did after cutting open an old glove and stitching in a zipper was have a patent search done. The design is patent pending in the US and internationally.

Well I was going to try and figure out how to post my pic of the hand out of glove on the page but meatdrink9 has taken care of that - thank you very much.

Great idea. Please do a trigger mitt.