Modest Mouse TR - stolen hat

Saw Modest Mouse at Portland's Crystal Ballroom last night. Amazing show. I have loved this band for over 10 years, seen them a lot of times, and this show made me love them even more. The set was evenly mixed with new and older songs, I don't have the new record but they made those new songs sound as great as the older songs that ripped. The best thing about this performance was the double drummers, this is a move a few bands I've seen lately have employed, and I love it.
    The crowd was pumped, really into the music and dancing an jumping around and being fun. I wasn't drinking so I stuck with the all ages section and there was no difference in the energy from side to side. Usually this venue has a fair number of dipshit kids who go to every show and are total idiots, plus a bunch of jaded old farts who talk through the shows and try to convince everyone that we should've seen them when or what band is way better - almost noone from these constituencies shopwed up last night.

One shitty thing that happened was the singer's hat fell off during the performance and someone snatched it off the stage. The band threatened not to do their encore, and delayed it a while, imploring the audience to give the sentimental hat back to no avail. One douche screwed up a good night for the singer and almost screwed up the show for the whole audience.

Go see them.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Pete View Post
    One douche screwed up a good night for the singer and almost screwed up the show for the whole audience.

Go see them.
    Betcha can find it on Ebay soon....

Sounds cool though. "Float On" has been my ringtone for a few years now.

Johnny Marr. How'd it feel to be in the presence of a deity?
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by bossass View Post
    Johnny Marr. How'd it feel to be in the presence of a deity?
    Ditto. One of the more interesting pairings of the music world. JM is one of my axe heroes, but he's one of those guys that just doesn't have a signature sound that transcends bands. His guitar work on the album is awesome nevertheless.

I know this thread is long dead but this is awesome.

[QUOTE=

One shitty thing that happened was the singer's hat fell off during the performance and someone snatched it off the stage. The band threatened not to do their encore, and delayed it a while, imploring the audience to give the sentimental hat back to no avail. One douche screwed up a good night for the singer and almost screwed up the show for the whole audience.

Go see them.[/QUOTE]

I saw them in Paso Robles California a week ago and when Isaac walked on stage he was wearing his hat. He publicly thanked the person who brought it back whether it was the thief or a random who bought it off of Ebay and then he rewarded us with his good mood by playing the best encore I've ever witnessed.