A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

Back To The Blanket Glacier Chalet 2/24- 3/4 07 TR

This was the third time the Wife and I have been charmed by this place.
    The chalet, a 15 min. heli ride out of Revelstoke BC, sleeps 15 and our trip is unguided and catered by a kick ass chef.
    The Chalet

The first day we head out hoping to ski /summit some S. facing peaks
    skintrack shot

PP making some turns

The next day after a few inches of snow fell overnight, we headed out towards the Monster some steep tree shots. The snowpack in the Selkirks this season has been plentiful.

Mrs Bum gittin sum

Another Wasatch chica Traci

and her better 1/2 Jay

The third day was the charm finally bluebird
    Fire up the Jet engines and a preflight safety check cause it's time to do some peak baggin

On the way to the Blanket Peak is this sweet run they call Stevie Wonder
    A thousand or so vert starting at about 20 degrees and steepening every 100' to about 30 degrees

Late for work to be continued
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

booooyah! I think its great that mrs bum goes on the trips too. My wife comes along also and i feel very very lucky

yummy, a friend of mine stayed at Blanket a few years ago, they had a friend who was a guide and he was listening to th CMH radio meeting one night when th local group of guides admitted to leaving a tired guest near Blanket... so out they all went, found the guy and hauled him back in time for dinner... the strange thing was the guy had cash on him and wanted to pay them for fetching him from doom... always count yer group numbers.

Trip looks great.

B

The rest of the tr
    After few laps on Stevie Wonder
    PP

Three of us decided to summit Blanket Peak.
    Looking N. from peak

Obligatory FKNA thanks Splat these rock summit shot

There were some snow stability concerns as there was about 2 1/2' of snow
    on top of a buried depth hoar layer from mid Feb More prevelent below treeline). CMH showed up and while 10 people gang skiing a slope isn't an indication of stability any more so then bombing it sure was auspicious.

The ~3000' run from the peak was the highlight of my winter season. When it's over 100 this summer and I'm sweating my ass off the thoughts of these turns will cool me down and bring a shit eatin grin to my mug

On the way home the alpenglow came out and managed to get this shot of the reverand lurker Rick.

The next day a few more " of snow and another round of steep trees in Xmass
    Mrs

And Mr Bum

The couple that skis togather stays togather = my philosphy
    Once again work is interfering w/ my internet life TBC.....
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Bump of a fine TR from the depths of page 2. Wish I coulda been there with you and Pond-o.

nice stoke. Plenty of snow there.

bklyn is online now who guards the guardians?
    Nice! Well deserved time away.
    I'm guessing your shit eating grin is because of those big arcs skier's left of all that farming.

Mrs Bum's glorious hair should not be hidden under hats and hoods... but I guess it's ok in this case.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

bump 4 rbj
    if ya don't wanna bother w/ a tr
    feel free to post your
    epic shizz in any of my marginal threads

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    yummy, a friend of mine stayed at Blanket a few years ago, they had a friend who was a guide and he was listening to th CMH radio meeting one night when th local group of guides admitted to leaving a tired guest near Blanket... so out they all went, found the guy and hauled him back in time for dinner... the strange thing was the guy had cash on him and wanted to pay them for fetching him from doom... always count yer group numbers.

Trip looks great.

B
    skibee come back.
    b