Ski rack for Jeep or spare tire carrier

Hi I have a ski rack that mounts on a spare tire carrier. The rack was originally made for a jeep but I’m sure would probably mount on almost any spare tire carrier. Great if you can’t mount racks on the top of your vehicle(Like on the Jeeps). Could be easily modified to fit snowboards. It does fit fat skis.

$100 OBO-trades considered.

Can be delivered to Jackson in the next two weeks!!

smcboating@yahoo.com

Thanks

Dimensions on the openings in the rack?

Is there a backing plate for that spare tire adapter?

And which Jeep was it made for? (it matters -- if that spare tire adapter bolts through the wheel stud holes, the bolt pattern is different on different Jeeps)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Jeep

My pops had this custom welded up for his 84" jeep. This was way before Yakama and Thule were even conceved-Thats one of the reasons its so sweet-"Old School". It needs some black spray paint-(which I'll take care of for whom ever buys it) and it may have had a backing plate, if it did its gone now, I personally don't think it did. It mounts over the spare tire so I think the spare tire acts as a backing plate. It has a fair amount of metal on the mounting plate if new holes need to be drilled or widened there is some room there. Also, a new plate could easly be created and bolted on or welded on (I've got a welder friend in SLC that could make adjustments for your rig if necessary)

Anyway, I think its cool, but I don't own a jeep or another car with a spare tire holder so I'd like to see it go to someone who wants it. I'm sure the details can be worked out-if it takes a little modification so be it.

I though a good set up for long trips would be two space cases up top with the skis in the back, but who knows...

Anyway have fun.

I realized after I posted that I mounted my CHMSL 3rd brake light in the middle of my spare tire, so I can't use a spare-tire-mounted rack...

FWIW though -- an '84 Jeep with a spare tire on the back is almost certainly a CJ-7, which means a 5 on 5 1/2" bolt pattern. For anyone shopping, all recent Jeeps have a 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern, with the exception of 1999+ Grand Cherokees and 2007+ TK Wranglers (5 on 5").

The only other vehicle I can think of offhand, typically found with a rear-mounted tire carrier and a 5 on 5 1/2" bolt pattern, is the fullsize Ford Bronco from 1978-1995 (1996? - whenever they stopped mfr).
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.