Yet another SAC question (order modification)

Yes, another question about SAC. Has anyone been able to call and modify an order after the deal has past? e.g. modify the pant size in an order?

I ordered a pair of snowboard pants for the lady-friend. Special Blend Scarlet Pants, Black, size M. Later, I tell the lady-friend about it.....she says she wears a small; the mediums would be too big. ooops..

I make the call (1-800-409-4502) and the CS girl says no can do. Can't change the order to a size small (which are in stock) b/c they are only offered at the current price ($132.96) instead of the SAC price ($61.00). Says backcountry orders gear at a lower price to sell on SAC, which is different than the gear for sale on the outlet. ...huh?

WTF SAC?
    The only prescription...is more cowbell.

Time to start feeding the lady-friend.

What the CS girl said makes sense, or SAC would be out of biz. Lots of their deals are below typical wholesale. I'm just guessing, but I bet they simply jump on any low-ball deals that the wholesalers offer, then blow it out on SAC. Hence the limited numbers and sizes. There is some other related website that has a forum for people to buy/sell/trade SAC stuff, but I didn't save it and don't have the addy....bet somebody here does tho...

I recall that forum. If I can't swap sizes, I'll just cancel the order (which is currently on hold as of this morning).

CS said SAC sells the item until it sells out...in this case it did not sell out (SACAttack), specifically, the new size I'm requesting.

find out the exchange policy on SAC... me thinks they offer exchanges... if thats the case try and work that line with the CS person... and ask to talk with a manager ...
    Don't be that guy. That guy is dead.
    www.skimavrick.smugmug.com

I have exchanged for a different size after the item has passed...

I ordered a pair of Phat Luvs a few weeks ago. Roughly 4 hours later I called and asked to change to a different length. Initially they said no but I mentioned to him that the Backcountry site said they had 700 pairs and he then decided it was fine to change the order.

Yep, tried the backcountry method as well.
    This time, "Matt" gave me the same story; I said screw it & cancelled the order. I'll just wait until the pants are listed again.