Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to get rid of shin bang?

ok, so I have the worst shin bang right now. Anything I can do to help it go away faster aside from ice?

5 Advil and a stiff drink.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm playing one on the internet today. Ohh, and Booster Straps for preventative medicine.
    French Fries!

Hit yourself in the knee with a shovel. The shin bang won't seem so bad.

This was my fathers token response to me when I was a kid and complained something hurt. At the time it didn't seem nearly as twisted as it seems now.

yup, booster straps, loosen up the top buckle and let the booster strap support your upper calf.

Flexons or a simple shinectomy.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.

Originally posted by splat
    How long you been holding that to use in one of midget's threads?

i'll 3rd the booster straps

Originally posted by lph
    How long you been holding that to use in one of midget's threads?
    Oh, I have one for Stryker and Blurred, too:

When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.

Tele boots, but then you have a whole new problem.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Originally posted by Greydon Clark
    LOL

Hey midget,

As a temporary fix while your shins heal-up, try using some gel pads designed for burn treatment. Tape them to your shins; you'll need a new pair each day.

The Canyons on Thursday with Plakespear, Ski Monkey and myself? Powstash???
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Re: How to get rid of shin bang?

I have been fighting this curse all season, probably due to too many pedal impacts while biking in my past. Things to try:

1. booster straps
    2. I had my exploders mounted 1cm back for pow, but realized with hops help that there was too little tail, which made it very hard to stay out of the backseat. backseat is bad for shinbang. I mounted them more forward, and so far so good.
    3. softer skis. i notice that my shins don't hurt when i am on the noodle twin tips, but a switch to the big dogs brings the pain. pistols for next season baby.
    smoke crack and worship satan

you can also get some foam inserts that go into the tongue for like 15 bucks. Just put em in when you're having problems, they work great.

Originally posted by Greydon Clark
    thats pretty funny seeing as how I never got shin bang with my Dabellos but for some weird reason I get shin bang with my tele boots until I put booster straps on them? [seinfield]whats with that?[/seinfield]
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Originally posted by laseranimal
    thats pretty funny seeing as how I never got shin bang with my Dabellos but for some weird reason I get shin bang with my tele boots until I put booster straps on them? [seinfield]whats with that?[/seinfield]
    Dude, you were using Dabellos they are softer than your tele boots.

I went full time tele after back seating ten too many landings on alpine gear and developing a nasty case of shin bang. My low cut Veloces (with a booster strap) felt great and allowed me to keep skiing. Now I'm on T-1s (with boosters) and haven't have the bang since. Of course my balls have been in my wife's purse for the past four years and my skis haven't left the ground so that might have something to do with it too.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

there is NO way on earth that my V-12's can be softer then my T2's

edit

didn't see the winky face
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

My shins are in the worst way right now. So bad I can't sleep the night through. Doctor gave me some topical anti-inflammatory called voltarin and told me to suck it up......going to get some foam or gel packs also to assist in getting me through the remainder of the season.
    Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy

as mentioned in the ibuprofen folder, try Traumeel ointment. It's the only thing that works on my achilles ache.
    Any boarders on here have a similar achilles problem? Sometimes my achilles aches so much I have to unstrap and stretch.

squats
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

I second the flexons...

OR as I did... I put a Raichle Flexon/Kneissl (I believe the kneissl's are same as Raichles nowadays) type of liner to my Lange Banshees. Problem solved!

They have this different type of foaming in the front...kind of like double 'tongues' in front. Or it's actually no 'tongue' at all on the liner, the shape of the liner is maybe more like in the snowboard/tele liners???)

Here's the pic, there you can somehow see how the flexon liner is...

http://www.sportsgearguide.com/pictu...issl_bo_10.jpg

PS. I know tlhat this is supposed to be in tech talk...but this got me thinking about the booster straps...anybody know do they sell those in Europe?Or wich would be the best way to order them in Europe? I guess my boot set up would be almost perfect with those (you know, Lange's power straps are only good for carrying the boots...)

Originally posted by splat
    Good god splat it took you that long to come up with that!

Thanks for the advice, I'll give the boosters a shot for sure and see about some foam for a temporary fix. I was in the backseat all day on Monday. The 106's owned me all day as I was just trying to keep my shit together......legs were pretty much throttled after 12 days in a row.

I don't know why this would work, but I know people who shave their calves in order to prevent shin-bang, and they say it works.

please, not the shaving topic again, i'm still scared from our last discussion...

http://forum.powdermag.com/cgi-bin/u...=018603#000000

Originally posted by dewey
    I don't know why this would work, but I know people who shave their calves in order to prevent shin-bang, and they say it works.

This is the first year I haven't had shin bang by March. I went with slightly softer boots this year, and am probably on tele gear half the time now (which really solves the problem).

Unfortunately in years when I got shin bang, I just ended up dealing with it until the end of the season. Tried Booster straps, ice, massage, etc. Nothing really healed up shin bang except time off skis in summer. And yes I shave my legs, so evidently that didn't help prevent or cure it either.