Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'll fourth the Boosters. That reduced mine about 80% or so. I also put a band-aid on the suspect spot before I take the first turn of the season and replace as necessary. That helps prevent it, rather than trying to reduce the pain after it's already happened.

Stay out of the back seat on landings and use the search function.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

SHE BANGS....errr sorry wrong thread

http://www.williamhung.net/photos/Gallery/6.jpg
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Originally posted by Jiehkevarri
    this got me thinking about the booster straps...anybody know do they sell those in Europe?Or wich would be the best way to order them in Europe?
    Check theboosterstrap.com. If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll buy you a pair and ship them to you

How about you walk into Surefoot at the canyons, talk to some tall dude with a beanie on you met before past cinder chutes, the same someone who asked you for nickel change, and see if he can help. I mean, it's not like he ever had it or helped people with it before.

To eliminate shin bang:

1) Get softer boots
    2) That fit better
    3) And stay out of the backseat.

iceman: cool. thanks.
    I will do that.

Alcoholic? Alcoholics Goesh to Meetings, Ish A DEERUUNNK!!! "hic"
    Originally posted by Buster Highmen
    Flexons or a simple shinectomy.
    SHIN-ECH-TOE-MEEE

Flexons= REAR Entrée
    opps I hate spell check
    EDIT: sorry deer-unk-ah post
    Last edited by HotRutteredBum; 03-04-2004 at 03:47 AM.
    Living vicariously through myself…

To eliminate shin bang:
    1) Get softer boots
    2) That fit better
    this is actually the best advice on here, although I think points #2 and #3 are more important than #1. Meaning fit is probably the most important thing to prevent shin-bang.

Flexons with thermo liner that fit reeeaaally well + Booster Straps = absolutely not the tiniest hint of shin bang. Soooo comfortable.

Originally posted by Spats
    To eliminate shin bang:

1) Get softer boots
    2) That fit better
    1) I hate soft boots, mine are too soft
    2) They couldn't really fit any better
    3) I'm not in good enough shape to stay out of the backseat after day 12 in a row.....I had to be out there to work.

Ski monkey, got some neoprene from Ted. Tried it without today.....just needed a day off for my legs to get out of the backseat it seems.

Originally posted by midget
    Ski monkey, got some neoprene from Ted. Tried it without today.....just needed a day off for my legs to get out of the backseat it seems.
    Yeah, didn't you get it on wed. morning while you were waiting for level 1? That neoprene is the shizzo.

Originally posted by Ski Monkey
    How about you walk into Surefoot at the canyons, talk to some tall dude with a beanie on you met before past cinder chutes, the same someone who asked you for nickel change, and see if he can help. I mean, it's not like he ever had it or helped people with it before.

Hey I did all that! I went into Surefoot, talked to some hippie, got new boots, and damnit if I still didn't have a problem. Hippie didn't know what he was talking about.

Then I met this tall dude who said Boosters. Tall dude knows what he is talking about. Normally I don't trust people who wear beanies, but this time I will.

Hey tall dude, when we going to make some turns?
    French Fries!

Shave your calf.... seems like a good highdea. For those with shin bang, check to see how tight your calf muscles are. You have to stretch your calf muscles. When your calves (sp?) get tight the muscles from your calves actually pull your muscles in the front of your shins away from your shin bone and tear those little guys. By shaveing your calves this may prevent the pull also.

Oh ya and stop skiing in the back seat. Heal lifts anyone?

Originally posted by midget
    I was in the backseat all day on Monday. The 106's owned me all day as I was just trying to keep my shit together
    Uh, yeeeaaaa, rrriiigghhht. As a witness to the backseat Monday, I would agree that he was a biatch to the big stix.
    Quit yer whinin' and ski.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Try this. I know it sounds wierd but it actually worked for me.

Take a plastic baggie. Any type of sandwich bag will do just so its large enuf to cover your shins. Put it between your sock and your boot liner on front of shin. try to keep it smooth.
    For me it wasnt so much my shin'banging against the front of my boot but rather everytime I flexed forward the tongue of the liner would pull down on the front of my shin and rip the shit out the connective tissue around the bone.
    the idea is to create a less friction btween the shin and the front of the boot. THis is what the two sides of the plastic sandwich bag does. If your problem is like what mine was this will help

mo

Originally posted by tostino
    Try this. I know it sounds wierd but it actually worked for me.

Take a plastic baggie. Any type of sandwich bag will do just so its large enuf to cover your shins. Put it between your sock and your boot liner on front of shin. try to keep it smooth.
    For me it wasnt so much my shin'banging against the front of my boot but rather everytime I flexed forward the tongue of the liner would pull down on the front of my shin and rip the shit out the connective tissue around the bone.
    the idea is to create a less friction btween the shin and the front of the boot. THis is what the two sides of the plastic sandwich bag does. If your problem is like what mine was this will help

mo
    Wow.....in some weird twisted way that actually makes good sense....might be worth a try...

The Backseat!!

No wonder! "I was in the backseat all day"!! Jesus H. , ride that ski in the sweet spot and you won't have to worry about any shin bang.

The whole backseat thing is key. I trash my shins everytime I land something in the back - I can always see it coming a split second before I feel it --- oooouch...

Also, I increased the comfort level of my shins drastically after I cut the elastic liner off of the bottoms of my long underwear. Doesn't sound like alot, but it makes a difference.
    Aliases: B-Dub, B-Dubya, & B. White

Originally posted by powstash
    Uh, yeeeaaaa, rrriiigghhht. As a witness to the backseat Monday, I would agree that he was a biatch to the big stix.
    Quit yer whinin' and ski.
    That backseat Monday was at Solitude......you weren't there.
    Let's talk about backseat and you vs. tree......powstash.....haha

Originally posted by Z
    Wow.....in some weird twisted way that actually makes good sense....might be worth a try...
    I've actually heard if you put some armor all in the bag it works a bit better too.