Thread: jay

jay

is really really cold and windy. it was not fun and i wouldn't suggest that anyone go there in the future. it was so cold i didn't take any pics and so windy the lifts kept blowing down. we had to hike! imagine the pain involved...

jay...don't go! k-mart is the place 4sure!

Yeah I agree..please people stay away from Jay. We did not, I repeat DID NOT ski knee powder the past two days and I am sure the lifts did shut down at some point (I never saw them close, but it HAD to have happened).

So listen, the EC has NO snow right now (don't believe that post about sugarloaf, that's all "photoshopped"), we are NOT getting a big nor'easter this week, and it is impossible to still find any pockets of fresh. So please everyone go to Utah, I hear they are swimming in it.
    on the send bus to gnar town

Isnt it supposed to rain at Jay this week?
    Decisions Decisions

I find it somewhat ironic when tourists tell other tourists to stay away from a place, but I highly encourage everyone to go to Killington

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski2 View Post
    I find it somewhat ironic when tourists tell other tourists to stay away from a place, but I highly encourage everyone to go to Killington
    true...but, the town of jay has a population of 300! everyone is a tourist!

Being from Montgomery(other side of Jay), I guess I have to agree with you.

do you know Journey at the Belfry?

Since she was a wee lass. I grew up down the dirt road past the Belfry and worked there during high school when Chantal,Journey's mom and now owner was a bar tender. Best bar in the world. And Journey got hot!!

yarrrrrrrrr there is no snow on the face at this point move along! move along!

and yesterday was such a bad day so cold........!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski2 View Post
    Since she was a wee lass. I grew up down the dirt road past the Belfry and worked there during high school when Chantal,Journey's mom and now owner was a bar tender. Best bar in the world. And Journey got hot!!
    ya, we missed her this time around, she wasn't working. she is way cool. that place rocks, great food and beer!

we were told that the owner, who we met last yr (im guessing Chantal) is not well, pancreatic cancer...really sucks

Yeah whiteface isnt going to get jack shit and its pure boilerplate, stay away.
    Live Free or Die

Yep this past weekend sucked. Too bad I didn't see any of you on the rona way.

Don't worry, you'll all be crying in no time. Enjoy the storm while it lasts. Cause we all know in 1 week the POW will be solid ice. Skiing the east coast is like fucking a clown. It's fun while it lasts but there's always something weird about it.

as I said in another thread, tomorrow is Maine Day at the 'Loaf. Ski for only $26 with a valid Maine ID.

rip some pow down bubblecuffer for me!
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by springfish View Post
    Don't worry, you'll all be crying in no time. Enjoy the storm while it lasts. Cause we all know in 1 week the POW will be solid ice. Skiing the east coast is like fucking a clown. It's fun while it lasts but there's always something weird about it.
    It's not that bad