Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have 6 over thr course of my 20yr life span. You will need to have the tissue repaired in surgery, but it just gets worse each time they operate...untill they stick a peice of gore--tex (for me) and prob some other material in now, about the size of a quarter to strengthen the tissue, it has worked very well for me. My best advice after surgery is to start building back up slowly, and make sure to stretch super wll before any hard acticity. good luck!

hey we just raced you. yale lights. goodluck with your season, and your hernia, and don't compound one injury with another - I missed Saturday's race against you guys b/c I pulled the opposite side hip flexor overcompensating. and backcountry, i had a big (4'' by 6'') piece of mesh put in for the first repair - "tension free" mesh surgery.

Damn! So did they completely open you up or what? I had my hernias in the same exact spot, so that was all they needed for me. Was your groin tissue so weak they needed to put that much in to stabilize the entire area? Did it work?

They did it laproscopically - and said that it would prevent not only a 3rd recurrence in that area but any other hernia on that side in the future. As to whether or not it worked, so far so good, but I'm only 6 weeks post op. Granted, I am at absolutely full activity.

Any updates 3 years post op? Im in the first stage = who kicked me in the balls? Doctor tomorrow
    Hello darkness my old friend

Totally 100% normal. I am extra careful about breathing (i.e. not holding my breath) while lifting, and make sure I do lots of ab work (especially twisting ab work, and stuff like scissors that focus on your lower abs) to keep the area strong, but besides some very slight discomfort (like can barely notice) around the area where they inserted mesh after a super hard workout, I would have completely forgotten I'd had it done.